LIDL ? Anyone shop here ?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by pumpkin2008, 28 February 2009 Social URL.

1. pumpkin2008

pumpkin2008 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.34%)
    Diet:
    low-cal
    Hi all, am trying to cut my food shop down and am going to lidls tomorrow or Monday. Does anyone know of any syn free or low syn treats?
    Do they have free pasta n sauces or anything like that?
    Any help is greatly appreciated x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    Hmmm I get all confused in Lidl as most of the stuff is in foreign brands but they are doing more 'normal' stuff now but very limited range. I'm not sure about free foods but if you want treats, they do bags of small boxes of mini Smarties that are only 3 Syns per box!

4. lwtblb

lwtblb Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(16.23%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Used to buy their cheesy pasta & sauce, until I found out it was about 8 syns per packet!!

Basics are really food there...tinned toms, beans, pasta, rice etc. Their cooked meats are good quality & quite cheap.

Most of the other chilled stuff looks as though it's probably full of syns, so I would probably avoid most of them.

Think there are a few frozen things that are quite low syn, but can't tell you any more on that...sorry.

5. bettylollypop

bettylollypop soon to be skinny minnie

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.02%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    Well back in the day their pasta packets and risso fino used to be free as did there meatballs and i think macaroni, however these days i don't think any of the above are free. I love lidl and would shop there all the time but i like to do my shopping in the one place and they don't have baby milk etc that i need, they only do farleys and i need sma. I have also found that now they have started doing magazines and papers that i go in and they are a week behind!!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.