Lighten up!

Enough

Gold Member
So SS+ starts on Wednesday - I've had it agreed by the GP, I'm nervous, and I'm still only about 85% committed to this ridiculous act of deprivation and hunger! What the hell am I doing this for?

well....

perhaps it's because I'd like a baby..
perhaps it's because I'd like to be healthy..
perhaps it's because...

..that'll do for now..

I'm hoping if I jump in feet first then the clarity of mind will follow!

:bolt:

The mind will follow ... and it's not long before the hunger subsides as you get into a routine. I find that I'm not hungry very often as I only have a shake or bar to look forward to. If it was food ... that would be a different matter.

Have a look through some diaries if you haven't already so give you the extra motivation. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

xxx

**warning - Food mentioned**

Thank you Sykesy :)

Day minus one!

I can't believe I'm starting tomorrow :/

I've had a fairly simple day of mint tea, and my OH made a packed lunch for me of just chopped peppers, carrot and celery so my blood sugar levels shouldn't be too high in prep for tomorrow.. although the salmon and prawn stir fry this evening might get the better of me!! I'm looking forward to it though.. great to have a bit of fish before starting this thing.

I have a very busy day at work tomorrow so hopefully I'll be quite distracted.. but if it's stressful/tricky I'm likely to be a bit over sensitive - there's no option for food though if I haven't taken it in, cause I usually take in a packed lunch that OH has made for me, so I'm not in the habit of going out for anything.. and I already have bottles of mineral water and mint tea bags to help me through.. I might just tell close colleagues that I'm having a heavy period! haha.. it'll stop them wondering why I'm being a bit funny if I am struggling.. and I'm not wanting to tell anyone what I'm doing until I'm really settled in with it.. a couple of weeks from now I might tell them, but not in the first few days - it'll knock me off my perch!

Soooo... porridge all ready for the morning, milk shake tetra for lunch and then when I get home from work tomorrow eve I can relax and perhaps take myself off to bed if my 'dinner' isn't quite what I'd like it to be!

I can do this! I can do this! I can do this! (do I sound convincing? haha :D)

GOOD LUCK... You can do it!!

Good luck. :)

thank you :) thank you :) I'm doing surprisingly fine! I've been busy at work all day, so distraction has been helpful..

right! time for an evening shake! :D

End-ish of day 2

well - it's going ok so far - I had ten mins this afternoon when I wanted to eat ANYTHING! but I emailed my OH and he emailed back describing his really manky toe nail which he injured in a climbing accident last week and is now infected.. or at least he said it was so that he could be horrible graphic about the smell!! hahaha!! What a horrible way to help me - but it worked! haha!

My plan had been to have porridge each morning, a carton for lunch, and then, depending on how I feel, have either soup with OH at dinner and a vanilla shake before bed, or the shake as soon as I get in..

Yesterday I had to skip brek cause running late for work, had the carton at lunch and then didn't get home til late so had the soup with OH as soon as I got in and had to force the evening shake down me.. so only had three (which isn't my SS+ plan at all!).. although I was probably still quite full from a big dinner the night before anyway so no major problem - I couldn't do that once I get into ketosis but yesterday I still had half a salmon and loads of pasta chugging it's way through me! haha

So, today I got up earlier and was going to make the porridge, but I ended up running out of time so quickly made a shake instead. I had my carton for lunch so that's going well, but I would like to get into the porridge habit in the morning. Maybe if I make it and have it now, this evening, I'll have seen how it's done so it'll seem less of a hassle in the morning. I still have my soup to have too.. so I'll have that first for dinner with my OH.. and then the porridge before bed :) hurrah!

Soup was lovely this evening, but I still need to have my porridge and I can't be bothered - is that ridiculous?! That soup was so filling, and now I'm really tired and sleeeeepy.. and just want to curl up in front of the telly.. I don't want to go and make porridge, and I certainly don't fancy having some.. I'm sure three cds wont harm too much, will they??... hmm.. perhaps I should have a 'green and white' (eg OH has put boiled eggs in the fridge - I could have with some cucumber).. but I'd prefer to have four sachets rather than three and a green and white... oh I can't be bothered :sigh:

Blimey, you sound as decisive as me lovely! Have whatever feels right, just make sure you are drinking lots of water and try to have 4 products if thats what your CDC has recommended. I have 4 a day, somedays I dont feel like the last one and others I could easily have 6!

x

end of day three - all well :) shake for brek, cartons at lunch and on way home from work, and porridge for supper while OH had pasta.. I could/should have had a soup for dinner, cause porridge is a little odd to have.. but I wanted to have tried the porridge as I keep not having it for breakfast.. it was yummy... but I did sprinkle some cinnamon into it.. and a bit of powdered ginger.. yummmmmmy :) I did lick the spoon when serving up OH's pasta.. but I can live with that :) it's not going to break me :)

Well done on 3 days so far. :)
I restarted a week ago today and so far so good.

Hi,

You go girl!

I am on day 5 of SS and proud to say ive been a 100%

Keep it up...end result will be worth it.

Good Morning!

I was just about to buy some psyllium husks from
Gentle Digestive Fibre - Pure Psyllium Husks | Vitamins & Supplements from Healthspan
when my OH came in the room saying he'd just phoned infinity foods and they sell it there.. he's soo thoughtful and soo supportive of this.. I really didn't think he would be.. ages ago he called it a "faddy diet" and didn't want me to do it, but he's being brilliant!

yesterday at work I emailed him saying that I can hear the biscuit tin in the staff room from the opposite end of the building!! he emailed back saying:
-----
Biscuits? We don't need no stinking biscuits.

Biscuits are pretty sucky though, really.

Do you know what the etymology of the word is?

Bi meaning two and cuit having the same root as cuisine - cooked twice.

They are cooked twice so that they are harder and more difficult to digest, meaning they are less likely to be infested with weevils on long ship journeys. So imagine that. The things that you thought you wanted to eat a weevil will turn down. Do you really want that? Really and truly? Have you ever thought that a weevil is distinguished by it's exceptional fussiness and understanding of quality nutrition? Are you sitting there thinking "well it might not quite be up to a weevil's high standards, but that doesn't mean it's not good enough for me."?

Biscuits? We don't need no stinking biscuits.
--------

ha - what a star! :)

Right! Time to get out and see the sunshine! I'm not sure yet if it's going to be easier or harder today.. maybe harder because at work there's just no choice and anyway I'm too busy.. then again, I'm hoping to get out in the cold sunshine and get some shopping done, so I can buy myself a treat or two like hand cream and Palmers cream for my body.. and see the clothes in shop windows and know I'll be able to wear such things in time :) and the strolling round is going to be better for me than all the sitting in chairs that I do through the week at work.

So.. bit of tidying up and I'm outta here :D

still 100% so far (if you don't count licking a spoon by mistake on day three.. I should count it, but hey it's not going to put me off!)

Good luck to everyone today, and thank you for dropping by - I know my diary isn't very exciting at the mo, but I guess I'm just struggling through the first week into ketosis so I'm not feeling lighter and freer yet.. but I will :D ..we all will :D

help

I'm sitting with my OH and his Mum (we're taking her to the airport tomorrow morning) - he's showing her our holiday photos and I'm BORED!!.. and HUNGRY!! and she's here til the morning, and I'm not ready to tell anyone I'm on this yet but I can't see how we'll be able to get round this without her knowing given that we'll be having dinner together this evening.. I' thinking I'll do soup for us all and just hope she doesn't ask why mine's different (but she will)..

we're doing NOTHING with the day and she wants to just sit around.. aaarrrghhhh... she arrived much earlier than planned and I didn't get out to do my shopping and now I'm sitting here BOOOORRREED! God - how are they managing to make such an amazing holiday so DULL and SLOW.. and I'm HUNGRY.......

aaargh!!

:giveup:

ok, so I made my excuses and went out.. just for a cold walk but got a bit of a jog on which was refreshing. I came back with some olives and snacks to put out for OH and his mum (as requested when I went). so.. I'm back and at least I feel so relieved to be in the warm that I'm coping a little better with the painfully slow and dull conversation.. I'm not usually so intolerant but there really is only so long I can listen to someone recount the exact details of their trip to the GP for cellulitis.. I am usually such a genuinely interested and empathic person.. but aaaaaaaahhhhhhh! hahaha! ..and now I'm sitting here with snacks in front of me, OH's Mum not knowing I'm on CD, and having little fantasies of having some important reason why I have to be ANYWHERE ELSE! hahahahahaha...

first WI will be Tuesday at 6pm.. ten days in.. I'm currently on day four and struggling a bit today.. but no so much feeling hungry.. more about feeling fed up and a bit stuck with dull conversation and a desire to run away haha :D

well done for getting through (survived ;)) today both diet and otherwise, you've done really well, stay strong.

your OH sounds lovely. what a sweetie!

Back