Lighten up!

They do! I really think people make a choice at the time, a 'sink or swim' sort of thing. There are those who choose to stay miserable for ever, but I think those sorts of people just don't want to get better. The opposite end of the spectrum are people like me, who will fight tooth and nail to smile again! However i do believe that having so many good people around improved my chances of success immensely!

Hope you've enjoyed your weekend away x

I'm with the OH's family for the weekend.. its fun.. theyre a great bunch..I brought packs hand blender bars and tetras..more of each than I could need, just to make sure I get my three a day in whatever form... but.. what I didn't expect.. they've booked a table for lunch :confused:

I've just been looking at the menu to see if I can push some of it around and nibble a green and white, but it's not looking promising so I'm going not sure how to stay inconspicuous and polite .. I'm definitely staying 100% ..just trying to work out how..

Eep :eek:

I'll let you know how it goes :)

how did you get on? hope you found something! Could you not just explain it to them?

I had a tuna salad in town with my daughter :)

All went well.. phew.. could have explained but didn't want the hassle... big bunch of people who don't see each other often so there was enough going on without adding to it.. so managed to keep it simple with a brief word to the waitress when I popped to the loo :) phew :)

Driving home now.. still have two packs to go so just deciding between a bar or a tetra during the journey.. then a shake tonight when we get home.

Glad you've had a good weekend with Hannah.. lucky little girl having a lovely mummy :)

All went well.. phew.. could have explained but didn't want the hassle... big bunch of people who don't see each other often so there was enough going on without adding to it.. so managed to keep it simple with a brief word to the waitress when I popped to the loo :) phew :)

Driving home now.. still have two packs to go so just deciding between a bar or a tetra during the journey.. then a shake tonight when we get home.

Glad you've had a good weekend with Hannah.. lucky little girl having a lovely mummy :)

well, I'm seeing my cdc this eve at seven, so I'm hoping to have lost another pound or two.. scales are tottering around the 13.2 mark, but I don't want to trust them particularly - they're often a pound or two out from the cdcs, and ultimately none of this is about what the scales say.. i just need to stick to my plan and keep getting fitter and healthier.. off for a swim in a bit :)

I've just read some advice in Mike's email saying:

So what is your bigger picture ? What is it really about ? If you don't know the real benefits of being slim and what it is going to mean to you then I would argue you may not get there.

Now there will be people on here who have subscribed for five years to this newsletter and all I would say is that if you have followed the same diet or diets for those five years and still not got slim and stayed slim then maybe look at the reasons behind your emotional eating behaviours as that for me was the real key to slimdom !

I was really struck by the fact that I was reading this whilst having my lunch time CD, and started to wonder if I'm at risk of being back on CD in a few year's time having put the weight back on.. and how I can genuinely prevent that from happening. How can I get into the right mindset where I don't over do it?

and how come I can be absolutely fine at the moment and not go anywhere near the biscuits at work, and it doesn't bother me in the slightest, but 'normally', I really 'can't' stop myself like some kind of compulsion??

I'm wondering if it's this place that helps (obviously you guys do help, but I'm wondering if this actually makes it possible, and it wouldn't be possible without??)

Maybe I need to start now to look at some kind of maintenance support to work out a way of PERMANENTLY LIVING within a healthy weight for my height and frame, and PERMANENTLY LIVING with a well balanced diet.. and starting up some kind of long term support to get the help/support/friendship through the process???

Maybe??

Interesting questions - that lay at the root oc many of our problems.

I don't know that it's cd itself, or minimins, that makes it easier to resist food - tho obviously being in keto gives a massive biochemical advantage... I think both things make us hyper-controlled about food, and what I'm experimenting with now I'm on the steps, out of keto, and having to make so many more choices - is trying to recreate that control around food. I write down my detailed menus a week in advance. From that I generate an Internet shopping list, and unlike when I was on ss, I don't step foot inside a supermarket at all. And it works really well.

Now that level of control isn't 100% sustainable: we went to my in laws at the weekend, and while I took pre-measured containers of food for most meals, for one I had to make judgements about off plan foods, quantities etc. Which was a bit tricky And there will always be times like that - and actually, in the long run it isn't desirable to bring your own food for any of the meals when you stay with someone...

But there's nothing stopping me taking control of the day-to-day. Breakfasts, work lunches, planning dinners in advance. Being laid back and laissez faire hasn't worked for me with food - so for me, maintenance might mean being in as much control as I can.

I guess I have to come to terms with the notion of one small burden to rid myself of one big burden..

I often see this - when doing something is hard, but not doing something has worse punishments in store for us.. eg hard to quit smoking, but a worse hardship if we don't... hard to study but bigger hardships in life if we don't.. that kind of thing.. it's sooo easy to think that you can escape the hardships by not doing something you know will be beneficial.. but it's a false economy..

spangles.. I need all the advice and tips I can get from you! we'll all be where you are now soon enough and will need to start learning how to get that balance.. the weight loss is possibly the relatively easy bit.. somehow we need to make maintaining fun and do-able too!

I've had the most miserable day, and I've stayed 100% :)

need to stay strong for my family this weekend, and need to stay 100% with it - I can do this :)

Thank you Iva! x well I stayed100% and that's the main thing!

x

So I've stayed 100% until this evening......

I've only made a relatively minor slip that hasn't caused me to falter in my mission .. i say minor because it was a mouthful and i instantly regretted it and have been back on track since.. however it's not minor in content.. I'm not going to beat myself up about it though.. if anything this is a learning opportunity! Why did I do that? Did I want to? In what senses did I want to? ....

No honking for me this eve.. let's hope i manage tomorrow :)

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-100-posts/266253-gaining-confidence.html#post4877220

I just wanted to add this list to my diary so I know where to find it :)

My list:

-be able to conceive and have a healthy, safe, baby..
-have a healthy safe pregnancy
-be active, fit, healthy, and full of energy
-know that I'm less at risk of heart attack, diabetes, cancer (all have increased risk if I eat too much)

-not feel self conscious
-more fun in bed! :D
-not feel guilty when I eat something nice
-feel more confident
-enjoy my body more (eg cutting my toe nails could feel like something I do to be kind to myself, rather than a chore which is hard work!)
-look more professional at work because I don't have to wear the same clothes all the time.

I'll add to this list when I think of things..

What an odd day I'm having! Alarm didn't go off, but was woken on time anyway, car out of fuel and petrol station closed so driving on empty but a new one has opened up (?!).. late for work but nine o'clock meeting cancelled with an apology email to me so no one even noticed I was late.. and now I've just dropped the big sugar caddy from the top cupboard and it smashed onto the floor but the lid stayed on and it sort-of bounced!?!

Is this a good day or a bad day? Ha ha.. I can't tell! :)

I need to start listing what I'm actually having again.. I've gone off writing it down before I go to sleep so I might jot things here.. today I had a mint shake for breakfast then a bar at about one. I had a ready mixed shake at about four ish then when I got home I had cottage cheese and cucumber.. I'm not convinced I've drunk enough today but I've had eight cups of mint tea and two pints of water.. possibly need to either up my water or find a convenient way to measure it... hmmm...

I forgot how useful this diary is for me.. but yesterday i re-read one about how I'm only doing this for eight weeks and it reminded me that I'm most likely to be flagging now.. I've been on this now since first Feb.. so actually this is supposed to be my last week...

The plan was/ is:

Feb and March: ss+
26th march one week 810
2nd April step up
End April go on holiday for a couple of weeks :)

Mid May start planning for return to Cambridge..

First week may restart SS+

June and July SS+

Probably won't need all of July because I'll be at goal by then :)

And this time it's for real.. my goal is to stay under 10 stone for the rest of my life! (Unless I take up body building or something ha ha) obviously I have to get there first.. but the main purpose of this is permanence.. learning balance.. learning fresh approaches.. liking and caring about myself and my body better.. eating healthy food when it is good to do so and not over doing it or eating as an emotional response.. or.. if I do, being kind to myself and then being lighter for a while.......... that is my hope... really it's Christmas I most need to plan for...

New minimins website - new burst of enthusiasm for CD :D

ok, it's official - I'm now getting bored, and getting at risk of having the occasional 'extra'... nothing terrible.. just not weighing cottage cheese, having a spoonful of fat free natural yoghurt or some of OH's fish when he's having fish and chips (only the white flesh, not any batter or chips).. I lost about 3.5 pounds this week, but that was for a fortnight.. I'm not taking it so seriously any more, and I'm not so bothered either.. not sure why.. perhaps I've been quite stressed recently, but I just can't care about this so much at the moment...

so I've lost a couple of pounds this week - now 12.10 according to cdc's scales.. I'm getting a bit bored and starting to want something else.. I don't want to get caught up in another new diet, I just want something simple and healthy and filling.. that's all.. I'm sticking this out for now.. only another couple of weeks and I'll move back into the overweight range from the obese range.. I need that.. I just want to reach 12.6, and then I'll be happier with how I'm doing...

Back