Lighten up!

just having my breaky porridge mmm... mixed spice makes all the difference :)

had some 'green and white' last night - a defrosted cod square and a piece of broccoli - amazing how delicious and filling such a little dinner could be!

Why am I struggling today? Porridge was fine and I've just had my bar.. I'm not physically hungry but my head is telling me "it wouldn't harm to have a tetra carton now as well as the bar.. you've sill got five hours of work before you can get home..."

I'm not hungry.. I'm feeling sorry for myself because I've had a couple of people being rude to me today and I want to sooth myself with food..

Maybe I need new ways to sooth myself.. there must be other ways to cheer myself up that I like better...hmm.. might make a list...

that happens to me a lot. you just have to tell yourself 'no'. that's the danger-thinking that got most of us into this mess, and it doesn't come up much during the diet, so when it does - you need to really focus on how it feels and then how you *can* kick its ass!

I kept busy and kept safe today, but I didn't get as much done as I wanted to which was a real shame.

I have been borderline on being able to 'honk' this evening (my favourite part of the day at the mo! haha.. and I thought I was going to fold because I had a spoonful of cottage cheese and a floret of broccoli.. but instead I now wonder if I'm going to have time for my third cd pack, let alone a fourth, so it's turned out to be a 3 and green and white again today.. which suits me fine.. so I'll be able to h.. o.. n.. in a bit.. when I get back from the cinema with OH

so, another successful day.. I know I'm not going to be at my fertility appointment under their required weightf.. I have to be 12st 6pounds, and the scales just now said 13.13.. Obviously I can't do that by the 1st March.. but I still have a couple of weeks, so I could still possibly be down to 13ish.... if I stay focussed..

OH just suggested we walk down to the cinema.. that'll help a tiny bit.. it's about an hour's walk in the freeeeezzzing cold:23::23: but it's better to get out there and use these muscles o'mine.. well - better go and stick my boots on if I'm going to make it in time - I know how to dress up and look sexy!! hahaha!! :rolleyes:

sitting having my brekky porridge again with loads of mixed spice.. my dieting confidence fluctuates too.. and there are times when it feels really easy, and times when my mind just sinks back into it's old ways of thinking.. I think the key is: noticing what my mind is doing, and finding it interesting, and knowing that it's not necessarily doing what I want it to, so I don't have to respond the way it recommends. I can, but it's worth checking that I actually want to before I do! :D

How funny.. had breakfast no problem.. then bar at 1ish and immediately afterwards felt like I won't make it through the day and I need to do Something! Anything! Perhaps have a tetra as well.. or something.. anyway.. I reached for my phone to post my thoughts and feelings as a distraction/ delaying tactic/ and as a way of learning more about my old unhelpful habits... and only then I spotted that I felt the same yesterday after my bar.... ..

Then before I had a chance to post, work got too busy and this is the first I've thought about it since! :)

A lot of people say the bars make them hungry, maybe try a few days without a bar and see if it helps!!!

Ideally I'd have soup or a shake at work but i need the convenience... tricky because the bars and tetras just don't feel enough... maybe I need to chop the bar up and have it gradually through the day instead of scoffing it and then feeling a need for more.. or.. if I don't have bars... I wonder if there's a way to make the tetra feel bigger....

I think quite a few people mix tetras with water - either hot or cold. I find them too strong and sickly on their own, not sure why I haven't tried mixing with water myself lol!

Too strong and sickly.. and they disappear way too fast! .. but the convenience for lunch in the car is great.. so I'm thinking I might just use this as an opportunity to learn to not mind feeling hungry.. it's a huge challenge for me but..
What harm is hunger doing me really? My head cries out noooo! It's not safe.. i shouldn't have to deprive myself!.. but if I'm getting everything I need? And I'm getting slimmer fitter healthier... i need to ask myself why I mind so much... hmm.. food for thought :)

I think it's one of THE big things that most of us need to do: learn to just sit with the feeling of being hungry without acting on it. And if we can't do it in keto, we stand no chance when we're out of it.

i always have the bars in two sittings if not three. make a cup of tea, wait for it to cool a bit before starting the bar, nibble bar in tiny bites inbetween sips of tea as if real chocolate.

i can make half a bar last a cup of tea easy now and i find it wierd on the couple of occasions where i've eaten a whole one in one go!

really bluegirl? Is it better than making a choc sachet with (not boiling) hot water? Maybe I should buy some for my evening treat. I'm only chosen the tetras and bars for work day lunches, but if they're that good perhaps I could get some and have them in the evening too..

Sapphire I think I might try that.. mint tea with mint choc bar ..mmm.. it will feel like it's lasting a lot longer.

I set myself the task today of leaving the bar in the car, and only going out to the car to pick up half the bar, and not eat it until I was back in the office.. that way I couldn't accidentally scoff the whole thing in one go.. I didn't feel the need for the second half for a couple of hours or so, so it worked well!

I do think my old habit of eating more than I need in one sitting is nothing to do with hunger.. it's something to do with not tolerating feeling deprived of something I want. (If that makes any sense). I busy doing things for other people, I'm busy depriving myself of other things that I might want because I choose to or because I have to.. when it comes to the food available in front of me I don't have any self restraint and trying to put self restraint on me only makes me want it more! :eek:

funny things, human beings! :)

Its all I have - I work away so its impossible to make the shakes, and I cant be trusted with the bars, so hot tetra's are my world. I do have a sweet tooth, well I have a taste for most things, but I end up using a big mug with my tetra and same amount of boiling water and 2 sweeteners and really it is lovely. At night time in the hotel where there isnt a giant mug I split one between two cups and make it last longer.

I'm hungry.. my tummy is actually rumbling and doing that thing like it's tensing up and trying to squeeze every last morsel out of itself! :)

I've just realised that.. i don't actually mind :)

I'm mainly fascinated by the realisation that I don't know what the feeling actually are! Are they the muscles.. are they chemical... it's a mystery! :) I'm going to look it up when I get home...

I've also started to have the bar in bits through the day.. i might chop it and put it in lots of little bags for Monday's work time

ok - odd day - just got home - had half a pack left over from yesterday that I should have had yesterday (only had 3.5 packs yesterday).. so had one and a half packs milkshake for breakfast.. not quite normal I know, and wish I hadn't cause it felt like too much after I'd done it.. anyway, couldn't do anything about that.. had a bar for lunch cause I was out.. and have come home and 'accidentally' eaten about five florets of raw broccoli:confused:

so I'm not sure what I still have available. I guess I've had 2.5 packs and the start of a green and white meal.. so I guess I can still have half a pack and a tiny bit of fish/chicken/etc from the green and white list....

I feel oddly confused and slightly cheated cause at this time in the eve I'd still have the choice of either two packs or one and a green and white...

..I'll live.. but it doesn't feel as generous somehow - feels like I'm going to have to plod through this eve

Back