Lighter Life November Starters!

That's fantastic Emma. All you November starters are doing great -can't wait to join you in 2 days' time

The bad breath is my biggest concern, I carry around a couple of goldspots for those moments, theres nothing else you can really do. Just tell your friends & colleagues about it & hopefully they'll understand.

Sorry forgot to introduce myself - I'm Cherry & I'm a restarter.
Initially did LL March last year, had a few little blips on the way to goal.
Got to goal & then struggled, so here I am again a November starter.

Hi the info day (15st 3) was a couple of days before the night before (15st 1) lol and the start of my weight loss was the 15st 5, for my losses my llc said to go from the info day as thats when I started low carbing, I have it there for me really I like to see where I've come from :). Sorry7 for the confusion.

Emma xXx

Added you Lizzie xXx

Name.......................Week...........Loss.... ....Total Loss
futureyummymummy...... 1 ............ 12lbs ............ 12lbs
saz343 ......................... 1 ............ 5lbs ............ 5lbs
Sarah-J ........................ 1 .............7lbs .............7lbs
Strictly shaz...................1 .............16lbs.............16lbs
Lizzie07.........................1 ..............8lbs ..............8lbs

Well done everyone on your loses!

I'm starting on Saturday but am getting a few concerns as everyone I talk to about it says they've heard reports that it's really dangerous! Feels a bit like a catch 22 - you go on the LL diet to lose weight and be healthy, but get unhealthy in the process!

Considering maybe eating one meal a week with the packs to keep my body stable. Will decrease the speed of my weight lose, but I think it reduce the sudden impact of so few calories to my system! I read on here someone tried this too, and the diet still worked.

Hx

If it was unhealthy it wouldn't have been around so long and dr's/nurses wouldn't reccomend it. The 28 day checks with your dr or nurse are there to make sure you're not having any health problems.

Good luck with whatever decision you make!

Emma xXx

Well said Em,
There are thousands of people on LL and I have the medical research booklet here and the LL diet has been endorsed by some top Consultants and Dr's in the UK and Europe as one of the leading, safe weightloss programmes.

I'm sure it is. Just voicing concerns but am still going ahead with the plan. Actually have found though that Drs and Nurses DON'T recommend it. My GP even showed me an artictle in her office of where a guy had become an epilectic from such a low calorie intake. Took a lot of convincing that I would be in control of the diet for her to sign the form!

I'm just saying we should be careful. Do lots of research. The BBC especially have a recent article about them. After all, some councellors, as caring as they are, just need to get the numbers in. Mine especially, was very good at sweetening the whole thing up.

Just looking out for fellow LLs, don't bite me! lol xxxxx

My nurse totally advocates the diet (she's lost 5.5st on it) as do the rest of the people in my local surgery. We have to remember there is a lot of scaremongering that goes on with things like this, I've read some awful things but most of the stuff I've read has been so positive and motivating :).

I didn't mean to sound as though I was having a go lol I just tend to get a little on the defensive side as I get a lot of people telling me it can't be good for me etc etc.

Sorry again!

Emma xXx

There's positives and negatives with everything in life its just a personal choice wether you take the path or not. I do accept that there are cases where LL has not suited everyone, thats why you have to have a medical check every month.
I wish you well with whatever you decide, but they are a pretty good bunch on here and if you do have any concerns regarding LL someone will always try to help you out.

I'm sure you will do fine. I'm on Lipotrim at the moment(similar to LL, starting LL 21st Nov) once your over the first few days its really quite easy. There will be bad days I suppose, going by the others guys on here, but you will just have to be prepared for it and just think of how good you will feel getting to your goal.

Hannah,

My GP surgery was also very supportive of the plan.

You mentioned that you were thinking of doing one "meal" a week to stay stable -- that is the worst thing you could do because on THAT day that you have a proper full meal you will overload your body with carbs ..... then your hunger mechanism for more carbs will kick in again ..... then you will want another meal .....

If you are *desperate* to incorporate a *small* (miniscule) amount of food into the programme for the first few days while you get used to so few calories make it PROTEIN -- not carbs.

The LL programme food packs are formulated to contain 50 grams of carbs a day which is *just* about the level required to keep a person in ketosis.

I read up on ketosis quite a bit and the level of carbs required to KEEP a person in ketosis is between 50 - 60 grams a day.

The Atkins diet goes even lower, restricting people on that diet to only 20 grams of carbs a day (but they do have the option of real food -- albeit high fat, high calorie food).

That is why LL are so strict about NOT having any fruit teas / lemon in your drinks etc ...... any "real" food (or drink) that you consume that has a carb content will ruin the effects of ketosis.

I did find the first day (Friday last week) very difficult and had HUGE carbohydrate withdrawal and a really severe headache -- but after lots of water and paracetamol, by Saturday I was fine and have been fine every day since.

Once you get into the "zone" fully into ketosis and used to the new levels of carbs and extra water intake your hunger will diminish almost to zero -- trust me!

Best wishes with the plan,
Sharon

Sharon,
Good luck with your weigh in tonight. I'm sure your going to have a fantastic loss.
Please don't keep us waiting till morning let us know this evening........plz..plz..plz

Many,

I will be able to post tonight, but much later tonight when I get home after the Lighter Life meeting -- approx 9pm (ish).

Thanks,
Sharon

Hey all,
I guess you could call me a re-starter as I kind of fell off the diet in July. Am back on the soups and hoping to go to WI next week subject to LLC approval.

Good luck all!

Hi everyone,

Went to my second meeting last night, lost 9lb!

Problem is, i decided to have some real food last night, i only had a sandwich but i have been feeling so guilty all day. I am not craving food but still feel guilty,

HELP!!!
Has anyone else done this?

Sarah X:mad:

Back