Lighter Life November Starters!

Hi sarah, I haven't, did come close today but then thought whats the point in spending all this money to cheat? One slip up won't kill you BUT remember it will take another few days to get back into ketosis. Well done on the weightloss though you're doing fab, if you want to update the chart just copy and paste it.

Emma xXx

Quick post. Been to my LL meeting tonight and having lost 16 lbs by Monday (Day 4) I have now lost a total of 22 lbs (1 stone 8 lbs) in my first week.

Before you all get jealous -- you have to be a 300+ lb lard bucket to start with before weight will come off this quick!

VERY WELL DNE,YA GOING IN THE RITE DIRECTION:cool: KEEP IT UP:clap:

Wahey 4lbs gone in 4 days - yipee.

Well done strictly thats amazing!

Emma xXx

Hi everyone,

Went to my second meeting last night, lost 9lb!

Problem is, i decided to have some real food last night, i only had a sandwich but i have been feeling so guilty all day. I am not craving food but still feel guilty,

HELP!!!
Has anyone else done this?

Sarah X:mad:

That old chestnut eh. I have been there myself - You congratulate yourself for your success by going into the standard routine of self-gratification (i.e. eating something just for pleasure rather than need). It does defeat the object of the diet - to lose weight. I really do know how you feel. You could try squeezing the tip of your nose and your earlobes at times when you need willpower as this can reduce cravings - if not somebody will ask you what on earth you are doing!

Good luck!
You can do it - you do not need to feed your face and neither do I - at least not until I am at target weight!

My nurse totally advocates the diet (she's lost 5.5st on it) as do the rest of the people in my local surgery. We have to remember there is a lot of scaremongering that goes on with things like this, I've read some awful things but most of the stuff I've read has been so positive and motivating :).

I didn't mean to sound as though I was having a go lol I just tend to get a little on the defensive side as I get a lot of people telling me it can't be good for me etc etc.

Sorry again!

Emma xXx

My nurse absolutely advocates the diet (and CD too) and my doctor has been amazed with my results too.

You mentioned that you were thinking of doing one "meal" a week to stay stable -- that is the worst thing you could do because on THAT day that you have a proper full meal you will overload your body with carbs ..... then your hunger mechanism for more carbs will kick in again ..... then you will want another meal .....

If you are *desperate* to incorporate a *small* (miniscule) amount of food into the programme for the first few days while you get used to so few calories make it PROTEIN -- not carbs.

The LL programme food packs are formulated to contain 50 grams of carbs a day which is *just* about the level required to keep a person in ketosis.

I read up on ketosis quite a bit and the level of carbs required to KEEP a person in ketosis is between 50 - 60 grams a day.

The Atkins diet goes even lower, restricting people on that diet to only 20 grams of carbs a day (but they do have the option of real food -- albeit high fat, high calorie food).

That is why LL are so strict about NOT having any fruit teas / lemon in your drinks etc ...... any "real" food (or drink) that you consume that has a carb content will ruin the effects of ketosis.

I did find the first day (Friday last week) very difficult and had HUGE carbohydrate withdrawal and a really severe headache -- but after lots of water and paracetamol, by Saturday I was fine and have been fine every day since.

Once you get into the "zone" fully into ketosis and used to the new levels of carbs and extra water intake your hunger will diminish almost to zero -- trust me!

Best wishes with the plan,
Sharon

Sharon, you are absolutely 100% correct in what you have said.

LL are strict on what can and cannot be used as certain foodstuffs affect certain people differently. As an example diet drinks can contain certain substances (some do some don't) that can stop ketosis in some people. So the rule is not to do it just in case.

It is a pity that there is not a huge amount of research into VLCD's as they seem to me to be the absolute best way of treating morbid obesity. If the research was done then I am sure that many other things would be permissable.

You're both absolutely right, and was planning on doing my research into 'appropriate' foods if I was to do this. This is something LL approve though as they have just started a new programme for people with a BMI of under 29 which entails 3 meal replacements with one 'proper' meal, a day. Will ask my counsellor for more info about this.

Hx

Morning all, well lost 15.5lbs last night so absolutely delighted. Treated myself with a vanilla pack muffin this morning and really enjoyed it.

Hope everyone is doing well

Name.......................Week...........Loss.... ....Total Loss
futureyummymummy...... 1 ............ 12lbs ............ 12lbs
saz343 ......................... 1 ............ 5lbs ............ 5lbs
Sarah-J ........................ 1 .............7lbs .............7lbs
Strictly shaz................. 1 .............16lbs.............16lbs
Kerrimc74......................2..............15.5lbs..........15.5lbs

Take care Kx

Name.......................Week...........Loss.... ....Total Loss
futureyummymummy...... 1 ............ 12lbs ............ 12lbs

saz343 ......................... 1 ............ 7lbs ............ 7lbs
Sarah-J ........................ 1 .............7lbs .............7lbs
Strictly shaz................. 1 .............16lbs.............16lbs
Kerrimc74......................2..............15.5 lbs..........15.5lbs

Name ....................... Week ......... Loss ............ Total Loss
futureyummymummy ........ 1 .......... 12 lbs .................. 12 lbs
saz343 .......................... 1 ............ 7 lbs ................... 7 lbs

Sarah-J ......................... 1 ............ 7 lbs ................... 7 lbs
Strictly shaz ................... 1 .......... 22 lbs ................. 22 lbs
Kerrimc74 ....................... 2 .......... 15.5 lbs .............. 15.5 lbs

I just updated this -- the 16 lbs was my loss on Day 4 (Monday). By Day 7 (yesterday) I had lost a total of 22 lbs in my first week.

I just can't get over that shaz its amazing, what fab motivation for you :).

xXx

Wow Shaz that is unbelievable, keep up the good work.

I know -- I can hardly believe how quick it has fallen off myself.

I have never lost this much in a week (or even two or three weeks) on any diet before.

It doesn't even particularly matter that quite a lot of it probably was water and glycogen, because that would be the same in the first week of any other diets as well and on other diets I only ever lost about 7 or 8 lbs in the first week (once I lost 10 lbs but that was the most).

I am nervously excited about how much might fall off next week now --- how close can I make it down to 21 stone ...? ooooh ......

Also, before anyone congratulates me etc, I don't feel that I have "done" anything -- I haven't gone and done 20 hours of exercise in the gym (let's face it on 500 cals a day I would not have had the energy) -- all I have done is drink the soups (and shakes) and it has fallen off with no effort?

Anyone else feel like this -- that the weight is falling off without any particular special effort .....?

Hey everyone :)

Wow - The weight is falling off of your guys! I've emailed my LL counsellor; I am on WW at the moment (1st week), but was thinking of starting LL after xmas. From reading this thread, I'm assuming that you don't eat 'any' food at all? I know that everyone is different, but roughly how much would you lose a week? I can see that it varies enormously, but I mean after the first week? For the amount of money it costs I want to make it worthwhile!!

Good luck everyone; you're all doing brilliantly :)

X

No food at all!

Women lose less than men (as we both intake the same calories and men burn more) You can be expected to lost 3-4 lbs per week or more though it can vary from week to week.

Shaz -You are doing something - you are sticking to the plan & that is very difficult in the first week, all your effort has gone into abstaining so you need a pat on the back just for that.

Hannah - Good luck with your start, just remember the most important thing is stick to the programme & you won't fail.

All that glitters - LL guarantee you will lose a stone a month, we eat soups, shakes & cereal bars bought from LL, we can drink water, (& lots of it lol) black tea, black coffee & LL have water flavourings also.
Good luck with your start in the New Year.

Back