Lighter Life November Starters!

Hi all. Day 2 done. Felt a bit low today dont really now why just a little sad :sigh:
The soups im finding are ok the chill one was a little strange but it went down and stayed :D
Cant wait for Saturday for mid week check. I know LL is quick but I wont the slim life now :)
Hope your all going ok
xx

Hi, it only says the red in the book j.d. so not sure. I loved the chilli one and just had the veg one and that was lush too. What time you going on saturday? Obviously thats my midweek check too lol mines 3.30, god listen to me, I'm just so excited that theres someone on here from the same place lol xXx

Hi, just thought i'd introduce myself. I'm Suzi and I am just about to start LL on Saturday. Feeling very nervous, but soo excited at the prospect of being thin in such a short time! I just hope I can do it..:)

Ok on day 3 and I'm finding this day the toughest yet argh!!

xXx

Hi all. Day 3. Im not feeling hungry so thats good but I am starting to wonder how long I can live on soup? :confused:
Dont mind the shake for breakfast as never had breakfast before starting LL. But the soup is getting to me a little. Just hoping when the pounds start rolling off it will not be a problem. Any one else feel like this? Or is it just me being picky? lol

Hi Saz343
i know how you feel, i've been on LL for 2 weeks now, i did struggle at the begining with the soups, i'm a soup person so thought i'd love them, yuck there just not for me, after a few days i would gag at the thought of another soup, and would feel nauseous ! i thought at this rate i'd be living on 4 litres of water day !! anyway after searching the forum & recieving lots of advice i ditched the soups & just have the shakes & the occasional bar, i mix the shakes rasp,straw,banana for brekkie (fruit smoothie) straw & vanilla for lunch etc., i feel soooo much better. Hope this info is of some use, as it does get easier and is a fantastic diet, i have my 2nd WI tonight, hope i've lost abit more.
Take Care.
Bronte

lighter life starter

Hi, my name is Sarah, im 28,
I started lighter life 2 days ago. Not feeling hungry but really missing food, especially when cooking for my son and partner! I went on the scales today tho and its already looking promising so going to stick at it!

Hows everyone else who started LL this week finding it?

Hi peeps,

I just joined a LL group in the city of London on Thursday evening, 6 November. Weighed in at 23 stone 7 lbs (shocking but I did know it was about that) and have just managed my first day on the LL programme.

I have had quite a bad headache since mid-afternoon, but I have also had a very stressful and exhausting day at work. I did manage to down the 4 litres of water and 4 foodpacks (phew!).

Am hoping to see a big loss on the scales next Thursday to make all the sacrifice worth while!

I'm a September member but just wanted to pop in and wish you all a lot of luck - it's an excellent programme and you can all do well. Strictly Shaz, I started the year at 23st 8lbs (though was down to 20st 13lbs by the time I started LL - so I understand the shock of reaching that weight but also the resolve it gave me to finish the year around 16st. I'm well on the way there.

If any of you need inspiration, there are loads of people on here that have lost and kept off a lot of weight and don't forget to have a look at some of the other "month" threads, to see how people have done. I was in the same place as you guys 7 weeks ago and have not looked back - you will be where I am in 7 weeks :)

Good luck! xx

Hi Serenity Valley,

Thanks for your response -- it's especially nice to find out about other successful dieters who have been the weight that I am currently am. Sometimes I have felt in the past that losing weight was daunting at over 20 stone and with more than 10 stone to lose. I think this is why Lighter Life appeals, knowing that it leads to fast results.

Hi everyone well I have my mid week weigh in this afternoon. Today is day 4 and I've stuck to this religiously lol so wish me luck!

Good luck saz I know you're weighing in today too!

Emma xXx

Hi Serenity Valley,

Thanks for your response -- it's especially nice to find out about other successful dieters who have been the weight that I am currently am. Sometimes I have felt in the past that losing weight was daunting at over 20 stone and with more than 10 stone to lose. I think this is why Lighter Life appeals, knowing that it leads to fast results.

It is daunting and that is what was always a problem for me - on slower diets I couldn't face 2 or 3 years of loss.

LL has helped a lot in that regard and I now break it all down. Some targets you might like ot have in mind

1) Your first half stone
2) Your first stone
3) 32.9 pounds (10% of your weight)
4) 33 pounds (to get you under 300.
5) Every time you go into a new stone (e.g. 22st 13, 21st 13).
6) 65.8 pounds (20% of your weight.
7) 80 pounds (half way point).

Personalise too - e.g. in my case, next week I will go under 18st for the first time in 8 years.

Sme with inch loss (well I assume dress sizes for you - I'm not really up on what women's sizes really are).

Same with BMI - there are a few catagories to pass through on your journey to "normal" BMI.

Get yourself a ticker like you see in my sig - it's useful for seeing how well you're doing.

I think the key for people who have reached our size and have what is still a big task ahead of uis, is to find as many targets and boosts as we can. (two weigh ins ago I hit several at once and I can tell yyou that was a big boost).

If you find yourself struggling drop me a line :)

Well done saz thats brilliant :). Mines at 3.30 I'm sooo nervous lol.

Emma xXx

I am going for my WI tomorrow after 4 days on it, so fingers crossed. I am finding it ok but have to leave the room when my son and partner are eating their meals! Seem to get a killer headache every afternoon but nothing paracetamol can't sort out. Does anyone know if that urge to pick at food gets easier or is it something that you have to fight all the way? I have found a spoonful of coffee with the vanilla shake is really nice.
xx

Hi everyone, just started yesterday 7/9 and no probs yet apart from finding it hard to stomach the latte shake, thought i'd like it as a coffee but it gave me the heave took about 1 1/2 hours to drink it lol everything else fine. Great to talk to others on this diet.
Well my names Linda i'm 29 have 2 kids Daughter 11 and son 8, lost a lot of weight a couple of years ago, then this year been gaining it back quite rapidly after giving up smoking, due to get a tummy tuck on 19/12/08 and need to get a bit of the weight back of first hence me being here lol.
Wish everyone the best of luck and look forward to seeing the great losses from everyone.
Linda xx

Hi everyone,

Looks like everyone is doing really well. Does anyone know if the food cravings get easier after week 1?.Im mid week now and have lost 5lb, more than i ever have done on any other diet! Just another 56lb to go!
Be good to all keep in touch and encourage each other each week

Sarah X:eek:

Last edited:
Get yourself a ticker like you see in my sig - it's useful for seeing how well you're doing.

If you find yourself struggling drop me a line :)

Hi Serenity (Andy),

Thanks for the ideas of target setting. As a new member with only a few posts so far there are a few things I cannot do yet including "drop [other members] a line" -- apparently you only get those privileges after 50 posts or more.

Also, as a newbie we only get limited amount of signature space so I will add my goals later. I like the percentages idea as I had not thought very much about that before and have just sat down and worked out what 40% and 50% are and found that 50% loss would lead me to 165 lbs = 11 stone 11 lbs.

Although I have currently put my goal at 170 lbs, that is just a guess at what I think *might* be possible by October 2009 (my brother's wedding + current focus for my weight loss efforts).

Eventually I think I would like to get below 170 lbs (that is 12 stone 2 lbs) -- anywhere between 10 stone and 12 stone would please me :) compared to the 20 stone plus place where I have been living for the past ten years.

P.S. Why does your mood thing currently say "sick"?

Hi Serenity (Andy),

Thanks for the ideas of target setting. As a new member with only a few posts so far there are a few things I cannot do yet including "drop [other members] a line" -- apparently you only get those privileges after 50 posts or more.

Also, as a newbie we only get limited amount of signature space so I will add my goals later. I like the percentages idea as I had not thought very much about that before and have just sat down and worked out what 40% and 50% are and found that 50% loss would lead me to 165 lbs = 11 stone 11 lbs.

Although I have currently put my goal at 170 lbs, that is just a guess at what I think *might* be possible by October 2009 (my brother's wedding + current focus for my weight loss efforts).

Eventually I think I would like to get below 170 lbs (that is 12 stone 2 lbs) -- anywhere between 10 stone and 12 stone would please me :) compared to the 20 stone plus place where I have been living for the past ten years.

P.S. Why does your mood thing currently say "sick"?

It won't take long to build up the number of posts - I always recommend heading into the word play thread that Blonde Logic started - doesn't take long to build up the posts.

I know what you mean about spending years at this weight but it really can change your life :)

I'm "sick" as recently have been hit by one cold after another. Though to be fair I'll forget to change it to something else :)

Back