LighterLife Men's Forum

Cheers for the support Corey, and I am sorry that I have upset you Starlight, I certainly didn't intend to.

Thanks Mike I appreciate that :)

I really would not touch WW or SW with a bargepole, as i think there are fundamental problems in what they do, but that is just me

Ah see thats how I feel about VLCDs :p:p :giggle: But the fact we're all different is what makes Minimins such a good place

from my experience of LL it is difficult to see how other regular diets such as WW could be effective as a diet such as the LL programme, just my opinion based on my limited experience.

Patrick;)

You might want to have a look at my signature stats ;)

Well it looks like there are only about 5 of us blokes on here - I wonder why that is - probably too busy watching football or cokery programmes I guess!

I too think that is a great idea. I'm only in my first week (day 4 today, and 8 lbs down!), and my group is quite small (4) so it would be good to discuss things with a wider group of men. (but, yes, ladies allowed to pop in!)

Wow SG - what great weightloss - You have done great - After day 4 it becomes very easy from my experience.
How have you found it?

I too think that is a great idea. I'm only in my first week (day 4 today, and 8 lbs down!), and my group is quite small (4) so it would be good to discuss things with a wider group of men. (but, yes, ladies allowed to pop in!)

i am a lady and i am popping in !!!

well done so far on your loss xx:)

Mikey, I've found these first four days fine to be honest. A couple of mild headaches, felt a bit weak and lethargic once or twice, but not hungry!

Am really looking forward to the journey (I have a long way to go with a BMI of 40).

And thanks everyone for your encouragement - this seems a good place to be able to dive into for advice, help and a friendly word.

It is a good place to visit - I'll look forward to your posts.

Good Luck
Cheers
Mike

P.S. remember to tell any other blokes you know on LL about minimins - The more the merrier!

HI mikey - yes going fine. I stated a post (My first week report) if you didn't see it - just a quick summary of the week and I'll try and do that for the first few weeks to help me stay focussed. Had two bars now am into the second week and they are a nice change from the liquids. My feelings so far are that I can cope with the packs, and aren't hungry or craving 'real' foods, but I suspect it will get a bit boring after a month or so!

Biggest potential problem looming in the near future is a big family holiday in France in July. One of my brothers is a chef and we are taking the opportuninty of giving our parents a golden wedd ann. party - so that will be tough!! But I still plan to take my foodpacks and not bugger up the diet progress at that stage - I should be well on my way by then.

Cheers

Hi guys,

I'm a girl, just quickly popping in to wish you all the best of luck and congratulate you all on how well you are doing...

popping out again...:sad0071:

take care everyone

xxx

Thanks for the update SG - it is great that you are planning and preparing for July already (very wise too).

Hi Skyemagic - thanks for popping in to see us poor chaps!

About time to air this thread again as there may be some other chaps that have joined recently.

Please post a simple message if you are a bloke on LighterLife.

It would be nice to have a forum just for men on LL (or VLCD's in general) or maybe just a men's diet forum - non diet specific.

Let me know your thoughts please.

Back