LighterLife Men's Forum

Hi Martyn, and welcome!

The principle is almost the same, however LL has the advantage of the councelling that isn't available on CD. This is one part that I have found the most beneficial. You look at why you eat what you eat and almost retrain your brain to thinking differently about food. With the slow introduction to food later, you learn how to manage your eating. Unfortunately you don't get that with CD, but then CD is cheaper, so swings and roundabouts really!

Good luck

HI Martyn - welcome, good to see another guy showing up.

I'm on CD - started LL for 2 weeks but decided the type of counseling wasn't for me - but then I'm not a binge type eater - have just put weight on gradually over the years (and not exercised!).

You may not get official counseling with CD, but if you have a good CDC they will give you lots of help, advice and support (not that I've found I've needed a lot as not found the diet difficult and most practical questions can be answered here on good old Minimins - plus support if you are finding it tough!)

Good luck - I've sure you won't regret it - best thing I've done in years - already feel so much better.

Hello guys - been very quite on the men front lately - hope you're all doing well. I see mikey is very close to target - good luck with that. How are the rest of you doing? Not fallen off the wagon I hope!

LOL - I have had a few days off myself and it has been hard to get back into it - I'm there now but am a few pounds up now - so not looking forward to WI tonight!

Ello :)

Just registered on the forum today. I'm currently waiting for my local LLC to get back to me with a time for my initial appointment. Hope she's taking men at the mo as I've heard of some instances where there isn't enough blokes for a group??

I'm looking to start as soon as possible but I must admit, I'm not looking forward to the GP. I've read nothing but positive things people have said about their docs but I'm not convinced mine is going to be as accomodating.

I'm sure I've read somewhere that a nurse at the GP can sort all this stuff? One of my best friends mum is a nurse at my local docs :). I'm sure I'm making a much bigger deal out of it cos I haven't been to the quacks for about 15 years lol!

What is involved n the medical side generally?

Hi Guy

Welcome, and good luck!

I had my form completed and approved by our Nurse. It was a very brief chat, I explained what I wanted to do, she discussed other options, and then when I said I only was interested in LL, she just took my blood pressure and pulse, listened to my heart, checked any meds I was on and then signed the form. Took about 10 minutes. :)

Good luck!!

Thanks! Will let you know how I get on. I'm still waiting for my LLC to contact me. Been a few days now. Anywho, can someone explain to me why I can't send private messages? I've read the section in the FAQ but can't seem to find any options to send messages anywhere. It's probably right in front of my face but I can't see anything lol.

The reason I ask is cos I was trying to send a message to Mikey to scope out the details on my local LL sessions (I'm pretty sure he goes to the same one) and ended up sending him a friends request!!

So if you read this Mikey and wonder why you're getting a FR from some random bloke you've never heard of, now you know lol.

Hi Guy

You cant send PMs til you have 50 posts, so get posting ;)

So if you read this Mikey and wonder why you're getting a FR from some random bloke you've never heard of, now you know lol.

tee hee - Mikey has a stalker! :D

Just kidding Guy. :D Corey also saw teh same LLC as Mikey, so if Mikey is not around maybe Corey could help. :)

Good luck to you!! And don;t forget to come in to the other threads to. We like our guys input too!!! :)

See ya!

Thanks! Will let you know how I get on. I'm still waiting for my LLC to contact me. Been a few days now. Anywho, can someone explain to me why I can't send private messages? I've read the section in the FAQ but can't seem to find any options to send messages anywhere. It's probably right in front of my face but I can't see anything lol.

The reason I ask is cos I was trying to send a message to Mikey to scope out the details on my local LL sessions (I'm pretty sure he goes to the same one) and ended up sending him a friends request!!

Sorry Guy,
I've been off air for a while for various reasons and just logged in.

Have you joined up - which LL are you at? Mine is Benfleet with Maggie - I go ion a Thursday (though have missed last 3 weeks due to enforced holiday)

Cheers
Mike

Hey Mikey, Maggie didn't get back to me for a couple of weeks so I ended up joining at Leigh on sea. I would have considered changing back but I'm starting on wednesday after a 4 week wait so I don't want to rock the boat at the mo. May transfer to Benfleet at the later date (developers maybe) as I'm on Canvey so it makes more sense. I did get an answerphone message from the Benfleet Locum in the end explaining why they hadn't got back to me but I'd already gone through the motions at Leigh.

Hi Guys!

We are kind-of local to each other (on a nation-wide scheme of things!)

I work in Basildon, and live in South Woodford...

I joined with Higham's Park LL, but that was a disaster, and I switched to Leytonstone. Its excellent there!

Hope it goes really well for you Guy!

Regards,

Sammy

Another Bloke

Hi There

Just thought I'd add my name to the list of male members.

Just found this site the other day after searching for info on lighterlife.

Just started week 4 finding it hard going, but determined to see it through.:jelous:

Good Luck Robzer this site will help with the difficult times & help you see it through Getting a ticker might help as well

Click on anybody's then set 1 up how you want it to look then copy it into your signiture

Guess i'd raise this thread again lol

Im about to go to my introduction meeting this saturday at 12:30

Kinda nervous about this but i really want to shed the weight and feel better in my self.

I'm currently 21 stone, 50/48 waste, unknown chest size (4xl to big, 3xl to small some times)

Im aiming for 13-12 stone weight buy the end.

Fingers crossed

Back