Lightest Cereal

grotbags1979

Hi Ladies, does anyone know which cereal is the lightest? I usually have Fruit and Fibre but it's such a piddling little amount after I weighed it out...wondering if anyone knows which one oneyou get a little more with....Cornflakes? Special K?

TYX

I would recommend making magic porridge! You get 35g of porridge oats as a HExB, and mix this with a muller light or around 140-150g of free yoghurt and put in the fridge overnight. This makes a lovely creamy thick cold porridge as the oats kind of absorb the yoghurt. If I'm using natural yoghurt instead of a muller I add a tbsp or so of sweetener as well. I then have this with a chopped banana and some defrosted frozen summer berries. I get the berries at asda frozen because they're cheaper and defrost a small handful overnight while the porridge is being magicked. This makes a big, yummy, filling breakfast! My new favourite. And because you're using yoghurt instead if milk it's creamier and you get to save your HExA for cheese / milk later! Alternatively you can make normal porridge with milk as I find this quite filling compared to the cereal allowances x

Just for clarity, are you following Slimming World or Weight Watchers? The plan may well be different in terms of what you are allowed so this advice might not be relevant to you.

If following S W what you could do is make up porridge with your HEB 35g porridge oats and water. Microwave for 3.5 minutes then take it out and let it thicken a little. Then add a small amount of milk. At first it may taste a bit ..well watery, but if I can get used to this anyone can. I used to eat large bowls of it with full fat milk and loads of sugar. It is truly amazing what we can get used to. I also have a banana sliced up in a bowl whilst my porridge thickens. Yummy

I would recommend making magic porridge! You get 35g of porridge oats as a HExB, and mix this with a muller light or around 140-150g of free yoghurt and put in the fridge overnight. This makes a lovely creamy thick cold porridge as the oats kind of absorb the yoghurt. If I'm using natural yoghurt instead of a muller I add a tbsp or so of sweetener as well. I then have this with a chopped banana and some defrosted frozen summer berries. I get the berries at asda frozen because they're cheaper and defrost a small handful overnight while the porridge is being magicked. This makes a big, yummy, filling breakfast! My new favourite. And because you're using yoghurt instead if milk it's creamier and you get to save your HExA for cheese / milk later! Alternatively you can make normal porridge with milk as I find this quite filling compared to the cereal allowances x

What porridge oats? Any brand? Gonna try this, sounds good! Can you warm it up or not being yoghurt? I was shocked when weighed 28g of cereal so have muller light instead!

Jenny809 said:
What porridge oats? Any brand? Gonna try this, sounds good! Can you warm it up or not being yoghurt? I was shocked when weighed 28g of cereal so have muller light instead!

Not sure if it would stand up to being heated just as a porridge but........You can beat two eggs into that magic porridge 'mix' and fry it as pancakes. Or maybe make bulgur wheat porridge? Bulgur wheat is free but i don't use it everyday as I'm worried it's verging on food 'abuse' to have it for breakfast all the time!!! Problem is I prefer the bulgur to oats lol it's nuttier and chewier :)

I gently warm my magic porridge, not hot just can't deal with cold stuff in the morning. I don't
Use mullerlights, I use activia snack pots
:)

Looking at OPs posts, she seems to be following WW Discover Plan - so I am going to move this thread over there and the advice above should be discounted as it isn't relevant to the plan the OP is following. Thanks for all your input though!

Thanks for the tips, will give it a try. Can you buy bulgar wheat in all shops, in the cereal section?

:)

Back