Lightheaded!

robinhood

Gold Member
I've eaten plenty today, certainly as much as yesterday (so far) but am feeling a bit wobbly.

I've tried to cut back on cups of tea/coffee and drink more water (especially as it's hot) so could be a caffeine withdrawal symptom, I suppose.

I never had the sore head thing when going into ketosis so maybe that is just starting now?

Anyone else had this?

yeah I had a weird experience first time around - found the only thing I could do was sleep it off (not sure if it was the diet or a 24hr bug) was fine the next day...

anything else aside from the dizzy?

No, nothing else.

I'm half way through some coffee, that may perk me up:). Really hope it's not a bug, not much chance of a rest (or even 5 minutes peace) during the holidays.:sigh:

It could be ketosis hon. it took me about a week to get into it on atkins x

Feel better after a coffee and some crabsticks/yogurt (not altogether!).

Phew, not ill!

I would suggest that you maybe didn't eat enough at lunchtime?

I would suggest that you maybe didn't eat enough at lunchtime?

I had quite a lot, but then it's a PV day so maybe too much salad, not enough ham? Will keep the veggies for snack/evening from now on, I think!

What sort of ham are you eating? Can you have some chicken, beef, fish or something? Just that "ham" is banned in France so eating any more mightn't be best. Ham is very salty too... and pork is a fatty meat.

The general rule of thumb on PV days is to have veggies/salad both lunch AND dinner... but to stick to a rough ratio of 66% protein on your plate, leaving only 33% veg/salad. (I have trouble with my maths and tend to OD on the salad!)

BUT Jo salad is healthy and we have always had it drummed into us that salad should be eaten in vast quantities :D

What sort of ham are you eating? Can you have some chicken, beef, fish or something? Just that "ham" is banned in France so eating any more mightn't be best. Ham is very salty too... and pork is a fatty meat.

The general rule of thumb on PV days is to have veggies/salad both lunch AND dinner... but to stick to a rough ratio of 66% protein on your plate, leaving only 33% veg/salad. (I have trouble with my maths and tend to OD on the salad!)

The DD stuff (and I had a chicken slice thing too). I'll look out for low-salt ones next time (or have tuna!)

mmm you have just reminded me of egg and ham roll. yummmmeeee

The DD stuff is fine, the chicken slice too... just that you'd feel fuller if you cooked a proper plump chicken breast or two!! These slices are ok for an emergency, but they don't fill you up and they're full of water... and salt! (And they end up very pricey too!)

Sorry!!

Vicky - that's MY story and I'm sticking to it! I refuse to countenance that my homegrown beetroots, lettuces, spring onions and tomatoes wish me any ill (and they have SUCH a short season, it's eat 'em or lose 'em!)

mmm yummy. beetroot. exactly. its not as if you are growing chocolate eclairs is it :D
whats DD?

I wish!!

Découenné dégraissé (well you did ask...)
French "fat free" (plastic) ham with no fat round the outside either.

The DD stuff is fine, the chicken slice too... just that you'd feel fuller if you cooked a proper plump chicken breast or two!! These slices are ok for an emergency, but they don't fill you up and they're full of water... and salt! (And they end up very pricey too!)

Sorry!!

Vicky - that's MY story and I'm sticking to it! I refuse to countenance that my homegrown beetroots, lettuces, spring onions and tomatoes wish me any ill (and they have SUCH a short season, it's eat 'em or lose 'em!)

I know, but too hot to cook during the day - I'll do better when it's cooler. Having 'proper' chicken tonight though :). I wouldn't imagine I'll eat any processed ham/chicken when summer is over, just that it's convenient and doesn't need cooking.

Lol is it Laura who is in france too?

Thanks a bunch Vicky... now I'm going to have dreams about little chocolate eclairs popping out of my rows of green beans... oooh how I wish! (I trust you all can put away a four pack of those teeny tiny M&S fresh cream ones in one sitting?)

cook in the evening, eat cold at lunch! s'wat I do at work! Not easy to cook here at my desk either!!

thats just what i was going to say Jo. i cook a roast chicken on a sunday and have it through to tuesday. my favourite way of cooking fish and chicken at mo is in a tinfoil parcel in the oven!

and Jo the eclairs do you mean mini ones or the normal (well normal for uk ) ones? 4 in a pack?

Back