Lil Mrs Sunshine Diary

Lil_Mrs_Sunshine

Spring Challenge!
Day 16 of the Dukan diet and I am only just starting to publicise a diary. I thought it would be useful for me to have other members input into my eating pattern and meal ideas in order to make my stay with Dukan as easy and friendly as possible. I know my menus might seem a little bland, boring and repetitive to most people but I like familiarity and routine which is the major reason why they are like it. Please feel free to comment constructively.

Attack Phase Start Weight: 10 Stone 12 (152lbs)
Wednesday 20th April - Day 1
Breakfast: Oatbran & Milk
Lunch: Tin of Tuna in water, 2 boiled eggs
Snack: Vanilla Muller light over a sugar free jelly pot
Dinner: Baked Chicken breast

Thursday 21st April - Day 2
Breakfast: Oatbran & Water
Lunch: Tin of Tuna in water, 2 boiled eggs
Snack: Toffee Muller light

Friday 22nd April - Day 3
Lunch: Half Tin of Tuna in water & 1 boiled egg
Snack: Vanilla Muller light, Starbucks Venti Skinny Latte
Dinner: Baked Chicken breast & boiled egg

Saturday 23rd April - Day 4
Lunch: Half Tin of Tuna in water & Vanilla Muller light
Dinner: Baked salmon fillet and 2 boiled eggs

Sunday 24th April - Day 5
Lunch: Cottage cheese & baked chicken breast
Snack: Toffee Muller light
Dinner: 2 slices roast turkey, 1 slice bacon, some red salmon

Monday 25th April - Day 6
Lunch: Tin of Tuna in water & boiled eggs
Snack: Vanilla Muller light, Starbucks Venti Skinny Latte

Tuesday 26th April - Day 7
Lunch: Baked chicken & cottage cheese
Snack: Toffee Muller light over a sugar free jelly pot

Wednesday 27th April - Day 8
Lunch: Baked chicken
Dinner: Vanilla Muller light over a sugar free jelly pot

Thursday 28th April - Day 9
Lunch: Quark & Toffee Muller light
Dinner: Tin of Tuna in water & boiled egg

Friday 29th April - Day 10
Lunch: Boiled egg & Vanilla Muller light
Dinner: Quark & baked chicken breast

Cruise Phase Start Weight: 10 Stone (140lbs)
Saturday 30th April - PV - Day 11
Lunch: Boiled egg & Toffee Muller light
Snack: Starbucks Venti Skinny Latte
Dinner: Baked chicken breast, onion, lettuce & tomato

Sunday 1st May - PP - Day 12
Snack: Starbucks Venti Skinny Latte
Dinner: Quark & baked chicken breast

Monday 2nd May - PV - Day 13
Lunch: 2 Boiled eggs & Vanilla Muller light
Dinner: Quark & Cucumber with Tin tuna in water

Tuesday 3rd May - PP - Day 14
Lunch: Boiled egg & Toffee Muller light
Snack: Starbucks Venti Sinny Latte
Dinner: Baked chicken spread with Quark and flavoured with paprika

Wednesday 4th May - PV - Day 15
Dinner: Baked Salmon with brocolli & herbs

I am now eagerly awaiting the delivery of my book. I think when it comes I will sit and read it through a couple of times to ensure that what I am doing is right and acceptable.

You veg looks a bit light on PV days - no veg at lunchtime.

Indeed... very light on the old veg indeed.

A venti skinny latte will contain all if not more of your days milk allowance, can you switch to something less milky?

Well done for getting through 2 weeks, like they said add some more veg and youre doing well.

On days that I do have my Venti Skinny Latte I dont have any other milk.

Thursday 5th May - PP
Lunch: Muller Light toffee & boiled egg
Dinner: Chicken breast spread with quark and sprinkled with paprika

Friday 6h May - PV

Lunch: Muller Light vanilla & boiled egg
Dinner: Chicken breast spread with quark and sprinkled with paprika & brocolli

Saturday 7th May - PP

Lunch: Muller Light toffee
Dinner: Chicken breast spread with quark and sprinkled with paprika

Sunday 8th May - PV

Snack: Venti Skinny Latte
Lunch: Muller Light vanilla & a scrambled egg
Dinner: Steak with lettuce

Weight today - 9 Stone 12 (138lbs)

Hi LMS

You're not eating enough at lunchtime especially. ONE egg and a yogurt (or just a yogurt) isn't enough. You need 1 - 1.5gr protein for each kilo you weigh per day (so you need 62 gr protein if your stats are right as an absolute minimum - you could go up to 90 gr). One chicken breast and one egg with a little quark won't provide enough. Also, you need more veg on PV days.

Also your menus are very similar - you'll get bored very quickly and as we don't get hungry (much) in ketosis, you could end up eating less which would not be good. There are loads of great recipes to use up your oatbran - you'll get more protein if you use quark and eggs rather than just having it with milk.

Try to vary things as when you move onto conso, you'll have more recipes to use (as conso is just phase II with a few extras) and as you won't be in ketosis then, you'll appreciate having nice recipes as you will be hungry.

Good luck!

Here endeth the waffle;).

So, if for instance I added a few chicken pieces to lunch time? I find it hard to eat too much as I am just not hungry.

Or should I be eating say a tin of tuna with my yogurt and egg at lunch?

Yesterday ended rather horidly. I went completely off the rails and off track.

I am drawing a line under that attempt and am starting a fresh tomorrow morning. I am going to start from the attack stage again.

Meant kindly, don't do attack again - Dr D says attack only once. After slip-ups (I had a few although they were all planned - don't ask!) I did a couple of PP days. However, I was eating far more than you, had I been eating so little, I probably wouldn't have bothered.

Please up your food intake generally, not eating enough = hunger = risk of reaching for the wrong things = diet failure (and not good health-wise either - check out myfitnesspal to get an idea of your calorie/protein intake).

And you did 10 days' attack the first time so please don't go there again! Your metabolism won't thank you for it.

OK you lost the plot... back to the ironing board and EAT more!

Can you pinpoint what happened to ensure it doesn't happen again? Insufficient food? Hunger and nothing readily available?

Stresses, strains and boredom triggered it. I have a history of reaching for the wrong things at these times. With Dukan I managed 20 days before this happened. I am hoping tomorrow I will start on the straight and narrow again; eating more than before.

My plan is to have my oatbran with milk for breakfast. Some chicken, a muller light and an egg for lunch and a chicken breast with some quark and spices for tea. Does this sounds like an improved menu?

So just a couple of PPs to get you going again, then straight onto veggies/salad two meals a day, yes?

Chicken lunch and dinner will soon see boredom setting in again, alas... do you like any other meat at all?

At weekends, I make things and portion them for the freezer to facilitate my lunches particularly during the week. Evenings I can grab a steak or fish and have dinner quickly without too much faffing around!

You should be looking at between 1 and 1.5g protein for every kilo you currently weigh.

Yes just a couple of PP's to set me going again and hopefully shed these unwanted pounds. I was thinking 3, maximum of 4. Then straight to my veggies days.

I might take a walk to Tesco tonight while hubby is still at work and try and find some lean mince to make into a couple of burgers.

I've talked to her by PM. She's ok. And will return... :D

I shall return. Returning after a huge off the rails blow out session of binge eating. This binge eating lasted four days. Today I weigh what I started. I am gutted, but it is only myself I have to blame for the gain.

For all of you that haven't guessed yet I have eating issues. I have had an eating disorder for the past 5-6 years. I want to overcome this. I think Dukan will help me to do this, and with the advice of some of the members, I think it can.

There are going to be some hard times, there are going to be some easy times but I have to know that these are changes that need to be made for life. Strong rigid changes. Changes in the way I see myself, changes in the way I look at food and changes in the way I eat.

So, heres to a good weekend. Some sole searching. Ready to start afresh with Dukan and 4/5 PP days next week.

Thanks for all the advice and help I have received, especially from Maintainer. It is very gratefully received.

Back