LilmissMunchies weight loss journey.....Here goes!! *Lets Do It Together!*

Fingers crossed it will!! I can't see it getting much worse so anything to help even a little is a bonus! :/ lol .. The annoying thing is I spent around £20 (so easy to do in WHSmith!) and I realise I've left my money off receipt thing they gave me a few weeks back!! Doh!!.. Another excuse to go in there again I suppose ;) hehe!

Seems like we will have to be extra sneaky where we hide our choc philly now!!! lol.. It tastes like choc cheesecake to me!!! mmmmmm! lol.

I can't find any Batchelors savoury rice on the lists? If you give me the exact names of the food I can look them up for you unless someone's already put them up on the syn values forum here.

Batchelors%20Pasta%20n%20Sauce%20x3.jpg

This is what the pasta packets look like

and below is one of the savoury rice packets :

2999258481_c33f366eee_o.jpg

They are really quite tasty, so I am really hoping my consultant was right or if they are a syn please let it be a low one!! lol. x x

Well had tsp more philly a little while ago.. Have to start writing down all these little bits so I don't go over!! Will be working my syns out tomorrow when I am more awake as tonight I am sooo sooo Tired!!! :( zzz
I finished the day with a big plate of veg and I had salmon on top lightly seasoned.. I then had a muller light and grapes and a pear for afters.
I did put a humbug in my pocket for earlier on this evening but havn't touched it but now I have had a small tsp of philly I wont be now and might leave it until I fancy it at some point tomorrow!
I am off out quite early tomorrow morning to see my mum and dad, poor dad has yet another chest infection so feeling a bit sorry for himself .. and rightly so! He has seemed to get one thing after another lately bless him x :( Hopefully he will be feeling better soon x
Today was not a bad day weather wise so I am hoping it will be ok tomorrow too! YAY!! Boys loved their time outside with their new found friends they are making! We have not long moved house (in feb) and its nice for them to get to know some of the kids. I will have to watch carefully though, especially as some are older. But they have a little boy a few doors down that I think are of a similar age and they play out the front on their bikes and its nice to hear them playing and having fun x :)

I am not sure whats on the cards for tomorrows dinner but thinking a casserole!!

Ok so I will admit.. I can't think of what leek tastes like and how to cook it even though I have bought some and have it sitting there!! lol..
Any ideas and any explanations of what it tastes of and can go with ?! lol.

Right time for me to get sorted for bed in a bit as I am shattered!! Hope everyone has a good sunday! :D

Goodmorning, hope your dad feels better soon!

most of the batchelors rice and pastas are free, except the macaroni one which is 1.5 syns and the cheese leek and ham which is 1 syn. The wholegrain pasta n sauces are 1 syn with exception of creamy carbonara which is 1.5 and creamy tomato and basil is free.

The savoury rices are all free - but stick to batchelors as I know tesco's own savoury rice is 0.5syns.

Even the ones you have to syn are low so I still have them - I do like the macaroni one lol I don't really have them that often but are great for a quick dinner or snack! Just remember that you have to make them up without milk or butter for the values to be correct, you could use milk from your allowance though.

Ps - leeks, I only ever have them in soup, you can have then in stirfrys too - they taste a bit like a spring onion but nowhere near as strong. I watched a program though where they lined a baking tray with leek added mashed potato and cheese and baked it. Just google recipes, you'd probs have more luck. I always forget about leek, I really love it too.

Hello! I meant to post over the weekend but kinda never got round to it :eek:

Hope your dad is ok.

And thanks for the syns info on Batchelors stuff! I never used to eat prepacked rice/pasta etc until I started SW (not sure that's good??) I've only just discovered Mug Shots and they're surprisingly nice. I haven't tried the Batchelors ones yet although I did order a bunch of pastas so they're sitting at home waiting to be eaten. Emergency food :)

Ooh... literally as I type my Shred DVD landed on my desk. Yay!!!

Hope you have a good week ahead x

I really need to try and fit in breakfast as today I really didn't fit it in and I need to definitely stick with that, at least having it at 9 ish will be better than none at all!!! oops...
Well Lunch was at my sisters and a Pasta n sauce packet - Cheese and Brocolli. I must admit I prefer the rice packets to the pasta n sauces (Mind you I have only tried the Cheese and Broccoli and the Chicken and Mushroom lol!) I had them very occasionally before I started SW and with butter and milk and I did like them better but can still manage without.
I Had crabsticks for mid afternoon snack with grapes.
Then for dinner I felt realllly tired and lazy! ... sooo! ... I had a Batchelors golden rice !! With more grapes and a banana a little after.
I had a muller light at about 8 oclock and I forgot I havn't had my HEA or HEB!! So Just now I got 2 cheese triangles and spread them over 2 ryvitas, with a little garlic and chilli flakes with crabsticks on top. Well the topping was ok but... I have come to the conclusion I absolutely can't stand Ryvita!! Its my first attempt at eating it and I just can't stomache the stuff! lol.. Anyone else think its just gross! :eek: I have most of the pack left and am considering making some forrero rochette just so I don't have to chuck it and the kids may enjoy some too but I am just thinking does the SW forrerro rochettes taste anything like the ryvita when the nutella is added??!! lol..
I havn't been jotting down my food the past few days and really feel a little confused and not as in control so will deffo be writing it all down again from tomorrow and I don't see why I can't now I have all my new books :) hehe!
I have had a humbug and will be having another a little later if I fancy it but after the ryvita, although they were really gross (IMO!) They have stuffed me!

Another question I think I have asked before but still don't really know as I am a little simple sometimes !!..lol.. Do you have to have all your portion of HEA's and HEB's a day, or if you do not have all of a HEA one day will it matter?
Also I still don't know if you can have 3 cheese triangles and 120ml of Semi Skimmed as a HEA?
And 1 slice of toast(instead of a usual 2 slices of 400g loaf) and 17 1/2 (instead of a usual 35g portion for some cereals) grams of cereal for a HEB?
Really I wanted to know if you can mix it like that and what you have to think about if you can mix HEA's or HEB's together in smaller portions to make up your portion of a daily Healthy Extra.
Ok I might have confused you just a little now! haha! :D

YAY!! My 30 Day shred dvd is here too!! woohoo!!! :party0049:

Thanks for the help on the syns on those Batchelor packs Lorna :) Also I have decided to make a leek and potato salad in the week so will see what recipes I can find.. So many different recipes out there for different things Its hard to know what to make first! There have been many things I have wanted to try and have been meaning to make etc.. But their still sitting here written and waiting lol!

Going to put the kettle on and have a coffee infront of the tv, catching up on Planet Earth Live!! I have enjoyed watching that :) x Has anyone else been seeing it?

Today has been a day full of fruit! lol.. I felt so snacky today so been having lots of grapes!!!..and strawb's and an apple, a banana, more grapes, grapes and strawbs! ... I keep thinking all this fruit can't be too healthy !!! lol.. Heres my food for the day... I dare say so far!! lol

Right for brekky it was : 2 alpen light bars and 1 banana,
Lunch : Crabsticks (I'm getting hooked on these!! lol Picky foods! ), mug shot and grapes and strawb's.
Then for a snack I had an apple and a muller light
Dinner : Pasta with passata sauce,with lots of red and yellow peppers, mushrooms, onions. Forgot to do the quorn to have with it DOH!
Did have dinner a bit early - Not a good choice for me!!!.. so no doubt another muller may pass my lips!!

Syns :
1 small slice of swiss roll! 1st proper naughty I have had in weeks but I enjoyed it! I don't think it would have tipped me over my syns as I have only had a humbug today! hehe x anyone know the syns of a small slice of choc swiss roll?

Feeling tired!!.. Think I will be heading to bed a bit earlier tonight but we will see !
Right I bets get myself up before I curl up and sleep now! lol..

What a lovely sunny day it is!!! I am not wearing too many layers which is really good for me!! lol.. feeling a little frumpy but not half as frumpy as I felt this time last year so thinking positive!! I can't wait till I can just put on what I like and out the door I go!!! ... That day cannot come fast enough!!! :)
I'm sat here in absolute silence, the sound of me tapping away on the laptop is all I can hear... Peace and quiet and sunshine coming through the back door...bliss!! .. Ok a man is now laughing and slamming his car door and cranking up his radio!!. I must have been thinking aloud! lol.. I might get up soon and sweep the garden and prepare to buy some plants on monday ;) Or I might even grab some on my walk home from WI tomorrow! I don't think I will be able to make it much longer for a while, but will just go when I can and explain to my consultant the situation.. To be fair I am learning everything here and don't get to stay to class at the moment so I am just staying for the WI and I have my own scales at home now so may try and save a bit by going every other week perhaps? .. Saying that my mind keeps telling me that the SW scales are correct and the ones at home are not!! :rolleyes: The readings on my ones at home often fluctuate (as they should when I get on them willy nilly! ) so I have said to myself no more weighing until thursdays !!! :nono:

Not long until I pick up my boys and I hope they have had a good day!! I think they are going to play out the front on their bikes when they have got changed and had a snack before dinner... Have a lovely day everyone whatever your up to! x

For breakfast I had 2 alpen light bars and a peach.
Lunch was a banana and a muller light!! .. I Don't think I had anything else? Oh 2 humbugs whilst on my walks.
Dinner will be fish, veg and boiled potatoes!! yummm. Looking forward to that :) With Melon for afters nom nom!
I had a Small finger width of cake a little while ago as one of the boys didn't want it! OMG I couldn't resist! lol..It was only a plain one and no filling or icing, so I Think probably about 5-6 syns? :/
I had a mugshot for a snack and some strawbs. I think after my dinner I will not be snacking tonight as I really don't feel hungry yet so I may have dinner about 7? x .. Just off to do BF's and the boys. Probably a pie and mash or something hmmm!! .. ps I miss my pies! lol..

Awww there is a recipe somewhere to make pies/pasty's with smash I'll have a wee look for it and come post it later :)

I'm just popping by to say keep being amazing, your doing so well and don't feel bad about the cake :)

Hey, how you doing? Are you looking forward to doing the shred? x

Well I didn't Have my egg, chips and beans lol but will have that today :)
I havn't really been writing down everything I am eating and it does throw me off so deffo need to do that to stick with what I've been doing!
So I am getting back on track with that from today. :rolleyes:

I am doing the shred this evening and I dare say I am nervous!!!
But... I am also looking forward to disciplining my body and will be making myself more determined to change the way I am!
Well done to everyone who is giving it a go!! We can only do our best :)

Thanks for popping by on here, it does help to have the support and encouragement and I am really starting to forget the old ways I used to think!!
Thats a real achievement in itself for me as I can really see myself as a healthy eater now! Its just my body that doesn't look like it right now ..!! But theres only good that can come out of this weight loss journey and I am thankful I am doing something about it now x x
Well done to all you lovelies who are doing the same.. We can do this and it will be our new lives for good!!! x

Oh I didn't go to weigh in as couldn't get there but did hop on the scales at home and it said I am down 1lb so I am hoping that their right!!! :D
If it is right then I have lost 1stone 1/2 !!! yay xx I am getting there slowly! With the Shred I think I have to be prepared for a gain at first because of building muscle... I just need to keep reminding myself of that fact as I know if I do see a gain next week I would feel pretty gutted! But then if I see my body tone up just an incy wincy bit then It will weigh out the gain.. I hope!!! lol.. but I am sceptical my body will tone to be honest... but hopefully it shows!! ...:confused:

I am coming back on later to have more of a look on here but I am out now to my mums, going to enjoy the sunshine! :character00238:

Welcome to the Shred Club, LilMiss! I did Day 3, Level 1 this morning and although my muscles were killing when I got out of bed, I still got through the workout fine. So you can totally do it! :)

I got on the scales this morning and it's showing I've put back on the 3lbs I lost last week since I've started the Shred. It seems your body retains water while it's repairing your muscles at the beginning. So prepare yourself! I was a bit gutted, but you can feel how hard you're working so I'm hoping the difference will show when I re-take my measurements (not sure when - maybe after 2 weeks?) and in there being less jiggle factor going on in my tummy and bingo wings!! Jillian is constantly telling you through the workout how your body will change if you give it 100% each day, so I'm putting my faith in her!!

Enjoy the sunshine today and good luck with Shred tonight. Let us know how you get on! xx

Could not do the shred as time just went way too fast and instead of doing it at my mums (showing my sister the dvd and what its all about at the same time incase she wanted to try it too) I completely got sidetracked!! So definitely going to tomorrow... Either quite early or in the evening... Watch this space! Will keep you informed! :D

As for grub.. I really havn't been eating proper balanced meals today!! Snacking on and off throughout day on fruit, carrots.... I had a muller in the morning with 2 alpen bars, Lunch was pasta and sauce, come dinner I had a marmite sandwich with fruit!!! What was that all about?!! lol.. Totally odd today lol.. And over my syns for definite!!! .. Must stop this habit of not writing things down!! .. And then just snacking in the day! :( ... As this resulted in a 2 finger kit kat being devoured after dinner.. 1 cheese string, 1 coconut biscuit thing and thats not including my 2 small loaf slices of bread at dinner for my marmite sandwich! with a tsp butter on the bread.... So yes I know I went over but have already drawn that line...................................Here's my line!................................. lol.
Deffo back to planned meals tomorrow and no letting things get the better of me! .. I think it could be TOTM soon! I so have the munchies!!! ... :eek:
Right I am going to go up and get ready for bed now, before my workout perhaps in the morning!!:character00115:

Welcome to the Shred Club, LilMiss! I did Day 3, Level 1 this morning and although my muscles were killing when I got out of bed, I still got through the workout fine. So you can totally do it! :)

I got on the scales this morning and it's showing I've put back on the 3lbs I lost last week since I've started the Shred. It seems your body retains water while it's repairing your muscles at the beginning. So prepare yourself! I was a bit gutted, but you can feel how hard you're working so I'm hoping the difference will show when I re-take my measurements (not sure when - maybe after 2 weeks?) and in there being less jiggle factor going on in my tummy and bingo wings!! Jillian is constantly telling you through the workout how your body will change if you give it 100% each day, so I'm putting my faith in her!!

Enjoy the sunshine today and good luck with Shred tonight. Let us know how you get on! xx

Thanks for warning me, I am deffo going to have to keep prepared for a gain.. ! I need to try and find my tape measure to do the measurements .. hmmm where did I put the tape measure???..... :rolleyes: I am so glad we have jillian telling us it will make a change.. I have some hope!..I'll need it bigtime!! lol..

Awww there is a recipe somewhere to make pies/pasty's with smash I'll have a wee look for it and come post it later :)

I'm just popping by to say keep being amazing, your doing so well and don't feel bad about the cake :)

Thanks hun x Lovely to hear something so sweet.. I will have to try a bit harder than today though as I don't want to take a step back !! ... But I am right back on it tomorrow and I know I say that I must plan more again or write it down but I really have to do it and not just say it!!! lol.. So here goes!... ps good luck for shred tomorrow! :D

ps: mmmm pies!! Have you ever made any SW style? xx

Back