Lily's Lyrical Lollop. Destination: Land's End...

Ooooh...

I've just discovered that in the new version of the Cambridge WeightPlan Book that some of the quantities of protein rich foods have changed...

810: Summary

On step 2 (810) you will:

• eat three cambridge weight plan products each day
  • eat one portion of protein rich food plus vegetables per day*
  • drink 340ml/ 3/4 pint of skimmed milk (add to tea and coffee)
  • drink at least 2.25 litres/ 4 pints of fluids over the course of the day**

*for example, 245g skinless chicken breast with three tablespoons of broccoli

**you can include tea and coffee, herbal tea ~(from leaf, not root, flower or fruit), cambridge water flavours and occassional low calorie/diet drinks, flavoured waters or squashes

Allowable Foods

Choose one portion of protein-rich food from the list below and cook in a healthy way:

250g cottage cheese, plain (less that 5% fat) (V)
325g cottage cheese, reduced fat (less than 2% fat) (V)
245g chicken or turkey breast without skin/fat
275g white fish fillet, e.g. cod, haddock
260g tinned tuna (in water/brine) (drained)
190g tuna steak, fresh
275g quorn mince, pieces (V)
250g prawns
2 large eggs (V)
350g steamed tofu (V)
80g red lentils, dried weight (V)
225g chickpeas, canned, drained (V)
80g chickpeas, dried weight (V)
70g soya beans, dried weight (V)

Please note that all weights are uncooked weights

Plus choose three (15ml/15g) tablespoons of any cooked or raw vegetables or salad listed below:

asparagus
broccoli
cabbage (even pickled)
cauliflower
celery
chinese leafy greens (including pak choi and chinese cabbage)
courgette
cucumber
fennel
green peppers
green salad leaves (including lettuce, lambs lettuce, radicchio, little gem, rocket and romaine)
kale
leeks
marrow
mushroom
red radishes
spinach
spring onions
watercress

:happy036: That's a lot of chicken!! And I can have 'occasional' diet squash!

And I've just discovered that if you don't 'do' skimmed milk, you can have 195g low fat plain yoghurt instead.

Before anyone asks - on SS+ you can now have 115g of low fat plain yogurt instead of 200ml of skimmed milk.

Last edited:
Yay I have an 810 partner on planet 810 woooo hoooo :D:D

Sarah!!! Hello hunni! :hug99: How lovely to see you here! Are you feeling a bit better now?

hey lily hun a quick question for you as your the guru of cd lol;)if i have to have antibiotics do i have to eat or do the packs count?thanks:)x

Ow-eeee....:sigh2:

There's nothing like starting the day with Dulcolax-related tummy cramps, is there? :D I feel like I'm in labour...

Still needs must, cos I've lost track of when I last... ahem... you know. I really must start incorporating some kind of 'code' into this diary so that I can figure it out. You know, something mysterious, so that the casual observer has no idea that I'm alluding to my toilet habits.

"I heard a cuckoo this morning..."
"My canary died..."
"Not long till Christmas now, is it?"

I quite like that last one. :D :D

hey lily hun a quick question for you as your the guru of cd lol;)if i have to have antibiotics do i have to eat or do the packs count?thanks:)x

Hi Mum of five

:hug99:

You should be okay to take antibiotics while doing Cambridge at the same time - just check the instructions to see whether you need to take them before food or with food then either take an hour before you have a shake, or with a shake.

I think I've see Claire (Sumayyah) say that her CDC has rung the Cambridge Medical Officer about this one and it was suggested that she add 250ml of skimmed milk to each shake.

Be warned that antibiotics might give you the runs (that's often a good thing on Cambridge but it depends on how near a loo you can be!).

If you're feeling quite poorly though it might be best to do 810 for a few days, just until you're feeling better.

You poor thing, you've had a rough time lately, haven't you?

I've just had one of those moments where I've written a great long post about whether or not you should tweak the plan - and now I'm not so sure I should've posted it, LOL. I've argued the case for both sides, I s'pose... :sigh:

Sigh. I come out with what sound like pearls of wisdom - and yet here I am, 5ft 4 inches and 14st 4lbs. Fine role model I am. Except... intellectually, I know the tweaks I've made here and there aren't the reason I'm still overweight. No, the reason I'm still overweight is the fact that I like eating. I get so far and then I rebel against the diet, like a child having a tantrum. :rolleyes: I have a whole host of emotional eating issues to work through. I remember posting in my last diary (hopefully buried for good in the murky depths of this forum) saying something like I was sure I'd be all right and lose weight for good 'this time' because I was dealing with the head stuff.

Clearly I wasn't. Dealing with it, I mean. Otherwise I wouldn't still be here, would I? So am I kidding myself about that now??

I hope not. I've come to some pretty 'healthy' sounding conclusions in the last week or two, I think. Like, for example, ceasing to convince myself that I can do SS. That actually, it would be better to lose 2.5lbs a week on 810 than to lose absolutely nothing because I keep falling off the SS wagon.

I think I'm being more honest with myself in this diary, at least...

And at least :xmastree: is sorted for now... :D

Last edited:
Interesting. Why was I so down on myself in that last post?

Is it that I feel uncomfortable when I've managed to be 'good' on the diet for 3 days on the trot - do I start waiting for myself to fail? Do I start wanting to give myself reasons to screw up? What the hell's going on? I'm pretty sure I want to be slim, so why do I keep stopping myself from getting there?

Yes folks - I had a Thorntons chocolate covered toffees malfunction. Now, it wasn't as bad as it could've been - but why did I even go there? Why didn't I stop after eating just a few? Why did I have to eat half the bag?? :sigh:

I think I was kind of feeling deprived. I'd just picked up DS a second Easter egg, cos no one else in my family seems to have thought to buy him one... Ah. I've just realised that thought alone's made me angry. He's 14, poor love. He's not that grown-up yet. Just because my sister's children are adults, my son doesn't get an Easter egg? See, if my Mum was still alive, he'd have got one. But it wouldn't even occur to my Dad, though doubtless his girlfriend has bought eggs for her 3 grandchildren (and I don't begrudge them that - that's not what I mean. At least, I don't think so...)

And then my OH started on the chocolate covered toffees. I tried a chopped up choc mint bar, but it didn't work - I wanted the toffees. :(

It could've been worse. I didn't get started on anything else - though after the toffees I really wanted bread! But I managed to resist that - in the end. With OH's help - once OH had appreciated that I felt crap about the toffees.

Oh well. Tomorrow's another day...

Last edited:
In the interests of giving myself something thought-provoking to sleep on, I'll quote some Linda Spangle - this is from 'Life is Hard, Food is Easy'.

FEAR OF BEING DEPRIVED

Suppose you host a birthday party. You serve ice cream and cake to everyone, but you just drink black coffee. You want to stay on your diet, but watching everyone eat makes you feel deprived and left out. After the guests have gone home, you sneak into the kitchen and eat three pieces of birthday cake. After all, you deserve to have a little fun too, don’t you?

In the past few years, numerous diet books have proclaimed “diets don’t work,” and the authors have coaxed us to never diet again. Theoretically, following a rigid diet plan can set up a sense of deprivation that later contributes to throwing out the rules and overeating.

This may be true for some people, but at the same time, successful weight loss does require that you set boundaries around your eating. Even if it makes you feel deprived, sometimes you’ll need to turn down a piece of cake or a bowl of ice cream.

In reality, maybe deprivation isn’t all that bad. In life, you deprive yourself of a lot of things because you prefer the benefits you get as a result. For example, to stay in a monogamous relationship, you deprive yourself of the pleasure of having sex with other people. When you accept a full-time job, you give up spending your days skiing or playing at the beach. But you’re willing to sacrifice these things because you prefer the outcomes of staying married or getting a paycheck.

Instead of worrying about feeling deprived, define the boundaries that will keep you moving toward your goals. Like traffic laws or school-attendance policies, setting a few rules around eating keeps you from destroying your plans for staying healthy.

Maybe you’ve tried giving yourself “permission” to eat certain foods because that’s supposed to stop cravings. Any time you feel deprived around food, look carefully at what you might “need” or “feel,” not just which food you’re craving.

A few years ago, I read a book that suggested giving in to food cravings rather than depriving yourself. The book said to identify the food you really want, then go ahead and eat it. Supposedly, eating what you want would stop your craving because you would no longer feel deprived of the food. One afternoon, I decided I was craving a brownie, so I ate one. Once I finished it, I realized that it wasn’t quite what I’d wanted. Instead, I was actually hungry for Oreo cookies. After eating a bunch of cookies, I sensed they weren’t exactly what I wanted either. Then, I figured out that I really wanted something crunchy like M&Ms. So I got out a bag of those and finished it off. That still didn’t quite do it. I don’t understand why the principle of “eat what you want” doesn’t seem to work for me.—Michelle

If you get a vague craving for something, look beyond your food thoughts. Before you give in to the food, do something to take care of your emotional needs first. Then if you still want the food, go ahead and eat it, but savor and appreciate it so you’ll feel satisfied when you’ve finished eating it.

Deprivation doesn’t always have to involve food. Switch it around by asking, “What does my weight deprive me of?” Are you missing out on a lot of things in life because you’re overweight? Does your size keeping you from achieving some of your dreams and goals? Compared to the emotional pain of staying overweight, the minor deprivation of skipping a piece of cake starts to seem pretty unimportant.

Oh, so very very true.

So next time, before digging in to the stuff I know damn well I shouldn't be eating, I guess I'd better see if I can figure out what's lying beyond my food thoughts...

Morning! Well, despite the toffee malfunction, my scales tell me that finally - finally - I've dropped a couple of pounds and I'm now 14st 2lbs.

:bliss: How did that happen? I'm not knocking it, just wondering whether toffee has some magical weight loss properties... ;)

Going to do my best to stick to the plan today. I'm going to go back to having an omelette today cos I think the carbs in cottage cheese give me the munchies.

Last edited:
Gosh so much to read

I'm glad 810 is working well and the scales have dropped too!

How lovely Lily..
Happy Easter xx

Last edited:

Last edited:

Oh, I give up. I want my next post with my 810 ideas at the top of the next page but they won't go! :D

Last edited:
Ah right, I get it! (light dawns...) Should anyone need to know... :)

Last edited:
...I have now discovered that there are always 15 posts on a page. :D

:8855:

Back