Lily's Lyrical Lollop. Destination: Land's End...

Thinking aloud (sort of ;)) and collecting 810 ideas to keep me interested…

• Chicken or quorn kebab (chicken, mushrooms, courgette), sprinkled with Cajun pepper to give it a kick

• Chicken curry – chicken, couple of spoonfuls of natural yogurt, dry-fried spring onions or leeks, mushrooms, curry powder

• Chickpea curry – chickpeas, natural yogurt, mushrooms, dry-fried spring onions or leeks, curry powder

• Shepherd’s pie – quorn mince, stock made with Marigold bouillon or Cambridge savoury drink mix (could make this chilli flavoured using hot chilli powder), dry-fried spring onions or leeks all topped with cauliflower mash – maybe cauliflower mash mixed with cottage cheese (so half portion of quorn mince)

• Quorn chilli (quorn, dry-fried spring onions or leeks, stock) served with Cauli-rice

• In theory, a SW cottage cheese quiche should work – make with 2 eggs and 325g of cottage cheese, plus spring onions or leeks, green pepper, mushrooms – am I brave enough to try it? :) Obviously only serve half portion of this for one meal.

• Mushrooms stuffed with cottage cheese and browned under the grill

• Obviously – chicken/turkey salad, cottage cheese salad, tuna salad

• Soup! – Chicken, mushroom, spring onions cooked in water with Marigold bouillon stock

• Chicken/turkey/quorn stir fry

• Omelette (with whatever veg from the list you fancy)

Sides

• Courgette peeled into strips with Julienne peeler to resemble pasta

• Roasted courgette and green pepper

• Cauliflower rice / mash

You’ll notice an absence of fish here (other than the tuna) cos I’m not fond. But as I’ll be on 810 for the foreseeable future, I might get to it… :)

Last edited:
Happy Easter, Lily

Hi Lily,

Read through your posts -- not quite sure what you were attempting with the big gaps and extra posts.

You could have just put in your recipes then a quoted them until you got them where you wanted them. (I think.)

Anyway, good on you for chosing 810 (very Beck of you -- if what you are doing isn't working then do something else).

Are you making your ARCs and reading through them? I really think that Beck works when you are "doing it". I have been a bit iffy, but am going to get back at it.

I do wish you a Happy Easter.

MinnieMel

Hi Lily,

Read through your posts -- not quite sure what you were attempting with the big gaps and extra posts.

You could have just put in your recipes then a quoted them until you got them where you wanted them. (I think.)

LOL, that's what I tried to do. It seemed to me that page 12 already had a lot of long-ish posts on it, so the 810 ideas post I was making might land at the top of page 13. Except it didn't... :)

And that's how I discovered that it doesn't matter how long the posts are on a particular page, there are always 15 posts on a page. :D And originally, my 810 ideas post was at around post 10 on page 12 so it took a bit of fiddling to get it to land on page 13. Oh well, it seemed a good idea at the time. :D Sorry for any irritation caused. :) I've edited the other posts now so it doesn't look so weird. :D

Happy Easter everyone!

Last edited:
Oh, cooking a roast dinner, [strike]eating chocolate[/strike], that sort of thing... :D :D

Lily said:
Oh, cooking a roast dinner, [strike]eating chocolate[/strike], that sort of thing... :D :D

LOL - if reading this on a phone, please note that the words 'eating chocolate' are supposed to be struck through... :)

Hi Lily,

Hummm cooking a roast dinner or eating chocolate. I know which I would choose. ;) Your Easter is "hopefully happily hopping" along... (I suspect you like aliteration ;) ).

MM

MinnieMel said:
Hi Lily,

Hummm cooking a roast dinner or eating chocolate. I know which I would choose. ;) Your Easter is "hopefully happily hopping" along... (I suspect you like aliteration ;) ).

MM

Moi? :D All alliteration is actually accidental... ;)

now those 810 meal options have my mouth watering. yummy!

Must Mention Mel's Mildly Marvelous Monday -- how was yours?

Those recipes sound goooood! I need to add more variety to my SS+ meals.. I had chicken with tandoori spice on yesterday, was yummy!

How's lovely Lily doing then? xx

Desperately trying to resist the urge to nip across to the petrol station and buy chocolate... :eek:

My head aches and I'm bored at work today (plenty to do, just don't want to do it!!!)

Somebody talk me out of it, quick!

Dont do it!

To quote Beck, you might not care now but you will really care later! The craving will pass if you don't give in... it won't last forever!

If I can pass up a £1.50 big Lindt easter bunny, you can do this! :)

Ahh don't do it! Well unless you want to feel like an absolute FAILURE and feel sick/guilty/sad etc etc etc

I've found it sooo hard today (day 7!) made the most delicious carrot soup with feta cheese for OH and had quite a few tea spoons :( couldn't resist really hope I haven't messed up my weigh in tonight! I'm soo angry with myself as was so good yesterday in the lead up to weigh in. Also had a few prawns (which is fine since i'm alternating SS and SS+) but why oh why did I eat that cheesy soup :'(

Now I feel absolutely terrible

IT wasn't worth it Lily - neitherr will the chocolate be - I prooomise!!

Kf12g10 said:
Ahh don't do it! Well unless you want to feel like an absolute FAILURE and feel sick/guilty/sad etc etc etc

True, true, very true. The craving has passed. All I wanted to do was order a headset for my phone - but there's a crazy amount of bureaucracy involved! I had to give up in the end and I don't like admitting defeat!

I've found it sooo hard today (day 7!) made the most delicious carrot soup with feta cheese for OH and had quite a few tea spoons :( couldn't resist really hope I haven't messed up my weigh in tonight! I'm soo angry with myself as was so good yesterday in the lead up to weigh in. Also had a few prawns (which is fine since i'm alternating SS and SS+) but why oh why did I eat that cheesy soup :'(

Now I feel absolutely terrible

IT wasn't worth it Lily - neitherr will the chocolate be - I prooomise!!

Don't worry, I doubt a few teaspoons will have made much difference. The things we panic about, eh? :)

Thanks for being there!

coralprincess said:
Dont do it!

To quote Beck, you might not care now but you will really care later! The craving will pass if you don't give in... it won't last forever!

You're right, of course you're right x x

Crisis averted. So hard being back at work today though!!

Thanks for being there - and well done on passing up that bunny!

well done for not giving in you are doing good lily keep it up hun :)x

I'm the opposite, it's harder for me being at home! Maybe it has something to do with [STRIKE]Chucky [/STRIKE] DS.

I kid, I kid. :p I wouldn't swap him for the world. Not even when he's trying to climb OVER his trampoline safety netting :rolleyes:

Well done on resiting Lily, CREDIT!! :D

Back