Lindsay's motivation kicker!

messyfreckle

So I know i'm a bit late on the bandwagon here, seeing as i'm already on day 13, but better late than never, eh?

I figured that although i've support in the 'real-world', you can never have too much, so thought a diary on here would give me that little extra boost, and keep me accountable!

So far i've been 100% TS and have lost 7lbs. I weigh in on a Sunday so not long now til I get to find out my week 2 loss. I'm very excited!! Can defo see a difference in my clothes and face, even friends have commented. YAY!

Thanks!!

Just done a quick calculation, and if I lose an average of 4lbs a week, it should take me 5 months to lose 100lbs and be at my target :)

Which means I should be the 'new me' for the New Year! Woop :D

Had a bit of a chill day today. Haven't moved past my front door!! Nice lie in, cleaned the flat, stripped bed, and did a few loads of washing. Then had a wee pamper sesh. I'm now bathed, scrubbed and moisturised to within an inch of my life! Have painted toenails and basically just had some well needed me-time!

Weigh day tomorrow...kinda nervous about it actually. Although ive been 100% since I started and had no cheats whatsoever, I'm kinda nervous that I might not have lost this week. Hmm.

Thanks!!

Just done a quick calculation, and if I lose an average of 4lbs a week, it should take me 5 months to lose 100lbs and be at my target :)

Which means I should be the 'new me' for the New Year! Woop :D

After reading this I did a rough calculation too - crazy to think we could lose so much weight by xmas/new year!

Congrats on losing 7 lbs! Will check back tomorrow..

Weighed in this morning and have lost another 5lbs this week! Woop! X

Well done - fab losses!!! Keep up the good work x

Woohoo - that's an awesome week 2 loss! And that's 12lbs in 2 weeks - no wonder you can feel a difference!!! :)

Keep up the good work missus x

Thaaaaanks! Am totally on cloud 9 at the mo. Really didn't know what to expect this week. Eek. But yay - dead chuffed!

Got some psyllium husk capsules from holland and barrat to hopefully help sort out the dodgy tummy ive had since day 4.

Have started feeling like I'm seeing some health benefits too - I've ALWAYS had bad sinuses since I was a baby. But have had almost 10 days pain free now, which I dont think has ever happened before. Now whether that's a result of the weight loss or just the fact I'm not eating, I don't know. It could be that something in my diet was irritating them. We'll see. I'm hoping I start to get a sense of smell too. I've NEVER been able to smell anything. So if my sinuses are improving, I'm excited to see if it means il start to develop a sense of smell. It might be unrelated to it tho, and also could be too damaged to ever develop. But it's exciting to hope!!

Eek!

Highly recommend the 'Waterlogged' app for the iphone. Downloaded it on Saturday and it's really made me aware of my drinking. I always thought I was drinking enough, but I soooo wasn't!!

Have set my target on there to 2.5 litres a day, and have exceeded that both days (not including water in shakes). YAY.

Last edited:
Doesn't look as though Hula tonight is gonna happen - friend I go with has had some bad news about a family member over the weekend and isn't in the right frame of mind to go to the class. Since I rely on her for a lift as I don't have a car, looks like i'll not be going!

Kinda disappointed. I can't afford to go, but she said she'd treat me to the class as a present for doing so well with my weightloss.

Thinking about going to the gym instead...i've been a member for yeeears, and used to go straight from work, as it was on my way home, but then got out of the habit. I've since moved out of my parents house to my own place, which is literally across the road from the gym (LA Fitness). Not been since the New Year tho - i'm so bad!

Considering going tonight instead of hula. Figure i've been on Exante over 2 weeks now which has given my body plenty time to get used to the lack of calories! I should be more than able to get back to the gym. A bit nervous, as i've not been in so long. But I figure I live across the road, i pay for it anyway, it would help with the weight loss and toning, and would keep me occupied in the evenings.

Now there's just the problem of what to do when i'm there. I used to just mainly stick to the cross trainer, and do a few minutes on the weight machines at the end. Might stick with that tonight, see how I get on, and book in an appointment for next week to give me a programme, and something to aim for.

Feel very pissed off and angry today. Friend has let me down bigtime. I know she has a few things on her plate at the moment, and i've supported her through it all, been there for her and helped her in any way I can. I've gone well out of my way to do everything I can for her. As soon as I have a bad day or need a bit of support, she tells me to snap out of it and rants on about her problem again. FFS.

Don't I matter? Why are my friendships always so bloody 1 sided?

GRR.

On the plus side, I would usually be running to the cupboard for some chocolate by now...but don't want anything.

im sorry to here about your friend letting you down and well done not eating that chocolate stay stronge.... hugs

Hi Lindsay hope you made it to the gym ? Lucky girl if it is do close . I am sure LA fitness do classes as well which may be more fun ?

Sorry to hear about your friend . I am sure it is a one off . Big hug anyway hun xx

Thanks, didn't end up at the gym last night, no. The 'exercise' post on the main Exante forum scared me a bit. Just did a bit of light exercise on the Wii instead.

I'm not a fan of the classes, really, unless I start in the first week of the class. Don't like being the only one there who doesn't know what's going on, while the rest of them all know the moves already.

im sorry to here about your friend letting you down and well done not eating that chocolate stay stronge.... hugs

Thanks. The chocolate didn't seem appealing then, but is certainally growing in appeal now. Gonna have coke zero instead and hope that hits the spot.

just remember a minute on the lips a life time on the hips thats what i tell myself lol

so yup have a coke zero instead hehe...xx
your doing fab keep up the good work !!

just remember a minute on the lips a life time on the hips thats what i tell myself lol

so yup have a coke zero instead hehe...xx
your doing fab keep up the good work !!

Too true!! And i've enough on my hips at the mo as it is!! Resisted the chocolate, but didn't get to have my coke zero :( Somebody at work has obviously swiped it this morning. Grr. Nobody is owning up, but I put it in there this morning and now it isn't there.

Very annoying. I'd keep it in my drawer, but I like it cold!

Feeling a bit better today - still a bit low, but have had a few comments from the girls at work about how baggy my jeans look today. Can only be a good thing. Think i'm gonna spend this weekend sorting out my wardrobe. Need to sort out what is too big, what fits and what nearly fits and categorise a bit I think. Driving me crazy wearing the same few outfits all the time just coz it saves me rooting through my drawers looking for something else.

Variety is the spice of life, afterall ;)

Also, friend who p'd me off the other day with not going to hula and her remark yesterday, she has just told me to keep Sunday free as she is treating me to something after my 3rd weigh in (Sunday morning). Eek. She won't tell me what it is though. Excited :D x

Back