Link to CD book and differences between AAM and 790

palmettofairy

I was wondering if it would be possible (please) to have a copy of the cd books as a sticky? I dont have access to one (well one in English!) and it appears many cdc in Britain do not give them out. Wouldnt it be nice if we could all just click and read?

I am not sure about copyright though-maybe we could get permission??:rolleyes:

I was wondering if it would be possible (please) to have a copy of the cd books as a sticky? I dont have access to one (well one in English!) and it appears many cdc in Britain do not give them out. Wouldnt it be nice if we could all just click and read?

I am not sure about copyright though-maybe we could get permission??:rolleyes:

As Cambridge diet have their own site where you can look up frequently asked question I would think if they thought it a good idea to have the book on line instead of on sale, they would of done this already themselves.

Here is the link for the Cambridge Diet site to look up frequently asked questions.

Cambridge Diet home page

The book cost £5.99 and you might get it second hand on Amazon.com.

Hope this helps.

Love Mini xxx

Thanks, but I have been to the site hundreds of times. I actually find the site not user friendly. I guess I am just frustrated.

I have the stupid cambridge booklet in Swedish which does not help as I dont speak Swedish. I cant tell from the pictures what is going on and partner is on a two week training course so I cant ask him.

I have no idea when AAM week is or how this differs from 790 plan and what is the 790 plan anyway? People are posting about cottage cheese-what is this for 790 or AAM.

AUGGHHHH.....please forgive the rant. It is like I am doing something and only have half of the picture. There is no one to ask as Sweden doent do CDCs. I am trying to piece things together and it would be so much easier if I could read about it in my language.

So I guess I need to buy a book...someone posted you get two when you join in Britain. Can someone please give me the titles so I can find them?

Thanks-excuse the rant. Hungry, frustrated, and confused-it is not a good combo!:eek:

And the website isn't the same as the book, the food quantites on aam are different for a start. This is confusing and unhelpful.
Palmettofairy, I have nearly finished with my books since I end CD next week. I'm afraid one of them has some scribbled notes in but I would happily post them to you if you want (pm me your address).

Or what about scanning the pages and emailing them to you??
I can ask someone for you if you like Fraid it cant be me coz I am a techno phobe!!

Let me know

And the website isn't the same as the book, the food quantites on aam are different for a start. This is confusing and unhelpful.
Palmettofairy, I have nearly finished with my books since I end CD next week. I'm afraid one of them has some scribbled notes in but I would happily post them to you if you want (pm me your address).

I live in Sweden and I think it would cost too much to send, and I have no clue as how to give you money for it so you wouldnt be out of pocket. But thanks. It is a very kind offer and much appreciated. Everyone on here is so nice.:D

Well...no book :( but we can try and help you as much as poss!! so here we go

AAM is add a meal and it's supposed to be in your 5th week for 1 week only. You then...depending on your BMI or what you want to do you either go back to SS for another 4 weeks or on to 790.

You have all your packs as normal and on top of that you have a small meal consisting of.....

Protein

11g/4oz cottage cheese (reduced fat)
50g/2oz chicken or turkey breast without skin
80g/3oz cod, haddock or other white fish
80g/3oz quorn
60g/2.5oz soft tofu opr 120g(5oz) firm tofu

and...

Veg

2 tablespoons of one of the following...

green salad leaves eg. roquette, lambs lettuce watercress, raddiccio, little gem/romain lettuces.

celery, cucumber or red raddishes

courgettes or marrow

broccoli, cauliflower or any cabbage including pickled cabbage.

spinach, kale, turnip or taro tops

asparagus, fennel and celeriac

chinese leafy greens such as pak choi or chinese cabbage.

don't add salt or fat but add herbs and a wee bit of stock if you want.

For 790, it's very similar. still same number of packs and a small meal but a few more options.

Protein

250g/8oz cottage cheese (5% fat)
325g/11oz reduced fat cottage cheese (less than 2% fat)
175g/6oz chicken or turkey breast without fat/skin
275g/10oz white fish as before..
260g canned tuna in water (drained)
190g fresh tuna steak
275g/10oz quorn pieces/mince

Veg

exactly the same range as AAM but 3 tablespoons this time.

pretty easy really. oh!! also...you're allowed mushrooms as a portion of veg as well.

hope that helps :)

:D OMG Coley...how long did it take you to type all that???:D

CHEERS!!!!!
Thanks for the info. I was really confused. I thought AAM was week 4 from other posts. How disappointing I have to wait another week. Particularly when the thread on cottage cheese really had me excited.:rolleyes:

no problemo...look me hours....lol...;) nah. my mum was a shorthand typist for a bit when she was young so I think the fast typing is in my genes!!

cottage cheese is yummy!!! just 1 more little week....I'm sure you'll be grand :D xx

It's great to see you back here again Coley, I know you've been busy but I miss your posts. Just out of interest, why can you have twice as much firm tofu as soft tofu? It's not a thing I eat but I'd have thought that a soft one would have more water content and the weights would be the other way round.

Awwwwww.....ta.....:D

I have no ruddy idea about tofu land but I can't find soft stuff anywhere. Maybe they put more stuff in it to make it soft?? Shall ask Lisa Carter....she's going to love me...totally bugging her with questions today. lol!!:D

hi there

just read this and i can happilly scan the book to u if you need it, let me have your email add, i'll photocopy and email it accross no probs... :))

Back