Lipotrim 2008!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi Everyone on Lipotrim. My name is Noirin and I live in Ireland. I started lipotrim on the 9/1/08 weighing in at 12s 7lbs. I'm 5ft 4in age 46 and am fed up of being 'overweight'. Am inspired by 2 of my work mates who each lost 6st. and 5st respectively. I am determined to get back to the 10st that I used to be and so far so good. Found last nite very difficult it being Saturday nite and am used to having a few drinks and probably pizza whilst chilling out, but I did it, I got through to 2day. Would love to hear from all you fantastic people out there who are going through the same denial of food as me. :)

Hi

Hi Everyone,

I'm Debbie. I am 46 years old and started LT on 4 January and weighed in at 108.45kgs:eek:. I was amazed when I lost 15.5 lbs in my first week. I had to get on the scales twice to believe it.

I have tried so many diets before and usually give up after a few weeks when the results are not what I expected. It was a struggle to drink so much water at first but I am getting used to it. My initial goal is to lose 2 stones by 26 Feb when I go away for my birthday so I am halfway there. I'm also diabetic and my blood sugar has come down to near normal. Take care everyone and I will let you know how I get on next Wednesday.

Welcome Tikaye

Hi Tikaye
you and me are the 2 new members to this forum it would seem, as I've just joined also. 15.5 is an amazing amount to loose in the 1st week, actually in any week, you must be thrilled! From what I've heard the 1st week is the best with regard to loosing so much which is great as it gives us the boost we need to keep at it.
Drinking all the water is very hard, 6 glasses a day is what I'm drinking and i'm hoping thats enough. Should be from what i've been told. If anyone out there has more info.. would be delighted to hear it.:)

hi noirin welcome you have chosen the best ever diet honestly just to let you know your drinking about the rigght amount of water the recommended amount is min of 4 pints and max should be 7-8 pints so your doing fine ! sorry i have,nt been on here much i have been doing lipotrim for nearly 2 years with breaks in between got to goal started at 18st 13lb got to 10st 6lb sadly mess up by going back to eating the way i use to hence put on a bit so i,m on day 5 of restart !!

ps to debbie 2 god well done on your first loss that was excellent
debbie

Hi everyone! I'm new here, just wanted to ask a question, hopefully someone here can help me. I did LT for 6 weeks last year and lost 2 stone, I think I cheated once. I started at 13' 2 and 5 6'. I stopped just before Christmas and did not refeed at all, went out drinking and eating like crazy and gained most of it back very quickly. (Moronic I know.) So I've started again, on day 7 and going well. Question- I have to go to New York unexpectedly on what would have been day 20. So I was thinking of having the 2 shakes on day one and one shake from then on. I was planning to avoid carbs like the plague but not have the restricted meals as detailed in the refeed. Ie, maybe an Atkins bar etc and sample some of the American low carb options...if I avoided carbs would I prevent the excessive weight gain? or even stay in ketosis? Obviously will try to eat as little as possible anyways...would really appreciate any help anyone could give me. Thanks a mil and good luck everyone! :D

To Flipper

Hi Flipper
From what I have been told you must do the re-feed or else you will regain the weight you have lost. You still have time to do the refeed before you go. Then whilst in New York you could do the maintenance. Why don't you double check with the pharmacy that you're doing the programme with just to be sure. This happened to a workmate of mine, we had an office do and she did the refeed the week beforehand and was able to have the meal(albeit) without carbs on the day. Hope this helps?:thinking2:

Hi

Thank you Noirin. I am so thrilled. I bought some new clothes at Christmas and have taken them all back and got 2 sizes smaller. My chemist told me that the more you drink the more you loose so I have been guzzling around 6 litres a day - I have to get into those new clothes soon.

Hi Tikaye and Noirin!

I was on Lipotrim 2 years ago and lost 3 stone but I put it all back on again. However, as a result I have a Wardrobe which works on a sliding scale!!!! I have jeans to fit me as I lose the weight!! Its great, I have a mini challenge to keep slimming to fit into the next size jeans!! Plus when I keep trying them on I can see how ell I'm doing because I find that when I look in the mirror I always look exactly the same!! (Prob why I let myself put back on so much weight)!!

Hi flipper,

Noirin's right as far as I know if you don't do the maintanance you run the risk of putting back on a lot of weight in a short period of time.

However there are some other threads that say if you try and follow the Atkins diet u could stay in ketosis and continue to lose weight, but not as much.

Hello everyone,
I'm Rebecca and I started on Lipotrim two days ago with the hope of losing 3 and a half stones. I'm 26 years old and have always been slim until now. Until just over a year ago I was a teeny tiny size 8 weighing 8 stone 6lbs. I had a bit of an upsetting life experience a couple of summers ago and since then I seem to have tried bury my emotions by eating. A year on, I now weigh 13stone 1lb and I'm desperate to get my body back and get my life in order! I feel that I've come to terms with the emotional upset - so now I just need to lose the weight! My ideal weight is 9stone 6lbs. I'm just over 5ft 7in tall so I think this is a healthy weight for me and a realistic goal.
So far I've found the plan ok. I really like the vanilla shake served hot and the chicken soup - not many people seem to like it but I think it's ok with a bit of salt and pepper! I've also found that drinking black coffee with a couple of sweeteners fills a gap when I'm feeling hungry. I've been trying different kinds of fresh coffees (using a cafetiere) to try to make it a bit more interesting and I've even tried putting some in the fridge and drinking it chilled which is quite nice!
The only thing I'm struggling with is the water. I know I need to drink more but I'm finding it hard to get it all in!
Anyway, I've found all of your posts on here really inspiring, supportive and motivating. I really want to do this and it helps to read all of your success stories to keep me going!

Hi Lipotrimmers...

I'm Amber, 23yrs old, and 3.9stones to lose!

Ive just started week 2 of 12 and excited cuz i lost 2.9kg in my first week!

Hoping to finish by March!

Thank you Debbie1. I weighed myself at lunch time and I seem to have remained the same so far. Then I weigh myself again this evening and the scale is down 2lb. I was marzipaning a wedding cake on Saturday and gave into temptation with the bits of marzipan and I think I have undone the few pounds I had already lost this week. I am absolutely gutted. I went for a long walk this evening to try to burn some fat and I think I'd better do that until my weigh in on Wednesday. I hope it works!! Does anyone know whether exercise increases the weight loss on this programme.

Hi Rebecca,Yuna and Amber

Welcome gals.

I know the water the is hardest part of this diet. I find drinking it at room temperature helps because you can just guzzle it down. I keep a two litre bottle on my desk at work so I don't have to keep going to the kitchen otherwise I doubt I would be able to drink so much. I was out most of Sunday and did not drink as much because I knew I would not be able to go to the loo as frequently as i would need too.

Keep going though we will make it:)

Don't know bout the excercise but that's a great tip about the bottles!! I do the same. Every morning I bring two 1L bottles to work with me and keep sipping them so I know that by the time I get home I have 2L already drank. Keep filling them during the evening so by bedtime I know how much I drank plus its easy to keep sipping them.

Other people I know that find probs with water prefer cooled boiling water.

Try no to rely on your own scales Tikaye cos often when u go to the pharmacy their reading can differ greatly from ur own (in both direction!!)

I was on Lipotrim before and so I know it works, the last time I lost 3 stone and put it all back on. This time I going to lose 5 - although its daunting and I'll be on it a long time I know that this works and that give me a week and I'll feel fantastic!! Also, my immune system used to be non-existant but since coming off the diet 2 yrs ago its been amazing went from 4 flus a year to barely one!!

Its tough guys but so worth it!! And I found out a lot about my relationship towards food... Which I am determined to put into practice this time.

So Good Luck to all, but we wont need it cos the results will keep us motivated.

Hey Yuna!

Is it really easy to put the weight back on? I think thats the bit that scares me.
Plus does skin just sag after losing the weight any toning tips? Cuz i gotta lose approx 4 stones.

Thanks for the encouragement

Trust me its not! It took an awful lot of work, and chips and chinese and pizza!!!! I put it all back on because I didn't follow the refeed or maintainance programme properly!!!

Because I know now wat mistakes I made I'm giving it my full committment this time and I refuse to slip back into bad bad patterns. I'm going to eat healthily and properly this time because it is the last time I'm going on Lipotrim.

Sorry if I freaked u out, there are lots of people who keep the weight off.:) And if I didn't believe I would too, I wouldn't be doing it again.

Hey yuna!

You have amazing motivation! Keep it up!

I hope you didnt take any offense hun. Im just stressed a bit.

Thanks for the reassurance. so does that mean that i can never have chinese, pizza n chips again!? or is once a week ok?

ps- what about skin sagging an stuff?
thankx again for ur help.

I think the idea is 'in sensible moderation'!! I think if I thought that I could never have anything nice/chips/choc ever again I would rather stay overweight!!!

I'm looking at it as a new way of life. I am going to have a 'normal' relationship with food. I am going to eat to live as opposed to live to eat:) But this will included treats xx

No offense at all, was just abit worried that I may have put u off!! I would honestly say this is a 'miracle' diet but it does mean an effort afterwards. Just hopin the shakes will shrink my tummy so that not that much will fit in it anymore!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back