Lipotrim wk 3 bleed getting worse, HELP PLEASE ANYONE?

Started lipotrim on 1st of jan (new year n all that). I have the bar in plant so don't normally have periods. However by the end of week 1 I had started spotting. I phoned lipotrim and they claim that there is extra iron in the diet which takes this into consideration as it is expected due to the body producing more oestrogen because of the rapid weight loss (22 pounds to date! Wooohoooooo). However this week my bleeding is very very painfully and very heavy, lipotrim said it is normal (I'm not convinced however) but did say contact my doctor for advice. I did this today and he just said , "I am not familiar with the diet........ , I can't see the link........, i dont recommend the diet" he proceeded to say call me next week and he will read up. This leaves me worrying all weekend!!! Someone please tell me if this is dangerous! I feel like I'm in labour and find it difficult to sit down!!! I am a total Mard arse though, my pain threshold is like sub zero hahaha!!! Anyone have any advice/similar experience? (sorry for going on just really worried:-( x

Hiya hun,I had something very similar happen when I dad LT last year and it lasted for about two and a half wks.I can't comment yet this time,I started totm on Tuesday and it's quite heavy now but it's only been 3 days so far.Have you looked on LT website,it might have some info on there?I hope it gets better soon sweetie xxx

This happened to me when I first did exante, I had been on for 20-odd days when I snapped and went to my docs who told me it wasn't normal and gave me 'Northisterone' to stop my period.
Your doc didn't sound all that worried and that's bad, could you see a different one?

Thanks guys, sounds like its a common trend, the chocolate craving and spots r just as bad :-( grrr! I'll try the website and call my doc back on Monday see what he has to say :-( did the medication work? How r u both doing weight wise? I so hope I can continue as I think the weight loss it great. My start weight was 19 stone 2and a Half pounds, and this morning I'm hovering over 17 and a half. I so want to carry on! I am starving tho :-( but it's worth it! Although I do hope my swollen stomache goes down as so far I have seen no change in my clothes :-( xxxx thanks for your replys!! And good luck.... Week 4 for me on Monday :) xxx

I will try a diff doc if I don't get any answers on Monday, thanks :) and starting to bleed 3 days in! I hope ur totm does pass asap for you! It's all so worrying isn't it! Good luck xxx

I started totm on Tuesday.I had a sneaky weigh in on my scales last night and I've still lost 2lbs,so I'm hoping it won't affect my weight loss too much this week xxx

i too have the implant and hardly ever bleed, maybe once for half a day every few months, while on lipotrim last year and now, i dont bleed at all

I would put up with the period for sake of losing weight.
Tell u why:
I started lipotrim in nov just gone. I'm on the pill and the week I started I was on my period week. I then started my new pack & period didn't stop, infact it didn't stop until I got taken off LT by pharmacist & started my nxt pack so I had 5 weeks of period BUT...I lost every week without fail& when I went to the doctor she did a blood test to find out if I was anaemic to due more blood being lost than normal & I totally wasn't! I was actually very healthy so I would trust LT when they say there is enough iron to compensate. I came off LT mid dec&im back now to weight I was previously bcos I was so annoyed at being taken off too early I rebelled and eat ridiculously far too much.
Anyway hope this helps, stick with it, periods r just one of the side affects but should b harmless x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

more to add, i know am also bleeding, i never do, but have been now for the last two days, yesterday very painful pains, i thought id just spot but getting more today then yesterday, not nice

natalieann said:
more to add, i know am also bleeding, i never do, but have been now for the last two days, yesterday very painful pains, i thought id just spot but getting more today then yesterday, not nice

It will go back to norm Hun when u finish lipotrim as mine did.I just finished my 7 day period & I'm guessing it just won't stop even tho im on my nxt pack of pills as of today.willing to have an extra long totm so I can b a lot slimmer than I am now!xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back