Lippy stops philosophising and starts dieting

Hi Lippy :wavey:

Finally found a few quiet moments to catch up on your diary. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I hope the funeral goes as well as can be expected.

I hope you feel better soon and the bug passes - not a pleasant thing I'm sure. Next week will probably not be your best but keep trucking and keep posting because the support on offer is absolutely the best. I live here a lot of the time :eek:

I've just noticed that you're from Edinburgh. I used to live there until a couple of years ago. It's a lovely place :)

Hi Sarah
Thanks for your kind words. The next few days are going to be difficult but it's nothing to what some people on this forum are facing.
Yes Edinburgh is beautiful.I am originally from the West of Scotland but went to University here and after a few diversions returned. Whereabouts in Edinburgh did you live? I now live almost adjacent to St Mary's Cathedral in the West End- wouldn't want to live anywhere else in the world.
Hope to-morrow goes well for you.

Hi Sarah
Thanks for your kind words. The next few days are going to be difficult but it's nothing to what some people on this forum are facing.
Yes Edinburgh is beautiful.I am originally from the West of Scotland but went to University here and after a few diversions returned. Whereabouts in Edinburgh did you live? I now live almost adjacent to St Mary's Cathedral in the West End- wouldn't want to live anywhere else in the world.
Hope to-morrow goes well for you.

Thank you :)

I've lived all over Edinburgh - Duddingston, Gorgie, outside Edinburgh in Lasswade and my favourite of all - Newington. Funny how we have our own favourite areas. I miss it a lot and keep promising to go back soon.

I'll be thinking of you over the next few days and I'll be popping back to check you're OK :)

So AT LAST I have broken the 10lb barrier having hovered round the 9lb mark for at least a week.Good news and I am feeling motivated - hope it lasts.
Thanks Anna - the funeral is to-morrow. I am dreading it but we will just have to get through it.
Hi Westiegirl! I love all those districts. Another favourite is Stockbridge, I could easily live there.Hope day3 is going well for you. Things will get easier in the next day or so. As you say you will just have to tough it out for now.It's going to be well worth it.

So AT LAST I have broken the 10lb barrier having hovered round the 9lb mark for at least a week.Good news and I am feeling motivated - hope it lasts.
Thanks Anna - the funeral is to-morrow. I am dreading it but we will just have to get through it.
Hi Westiegirl! I love all those districts. Another favourite is Stockbridge, I could easily live there.Hope day3 is going well for you. Things will get easier in the next day or so. As you say you will just have to tough it out for now.It's going to be well worth it.

Hi Lippy

Day 3 is going well. Going to have an early night because I've had headaches today. They'll pass soon though.

I love stockbridge too. I used to work nearby and would walk down there at lunchtimes. I miss it :(

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow xxx

Thanks Anna
Have just returned from my friend Lilian's funeral.I was dreading it but strangely it was quite an uplifting affair.
The service was comforting and the eulogies calm and dignified. Afterwards we were invited to a small get-together at a nearby hotel.The food was good and the wine,whisky etc flowed freely. People began to relax and reminisce and there were lots of funny and moving stories about Lilian. I knew her for over 20 years but there were people present who had known her since babyhood and primary school, so it was very interesting to hear
their stories. At the end her husband made a little speech saying how lucky he was to have been married to such an amazing woman and how grateful he was for his family and friends.
So although I am still sad I feel better than I expected.

Aw thanks Westiegirl - I appreciate your dropping in.
Hugs to you too.

Hi LRO
Thanks- that's a nice thought.You're so right too.Because it was such a good farewell I feel calm and happy to-night.

sorry to hear about your friend Lippy.. always sad when we lose someone.. lovely to hear though that there was plenty of great things to be heard being said about her from friends and family.. she wont ever be forgotten :)

hope you're doing okay yourself.. xx

Thanks Black Widow and Anna- it was nice of you to remember my friend's funeral.We are getting back to normal and having a quiet day.

Hi Peeps and hello Keisha,
Tis cold,wet and very windy in Edinburgh to-day - a day for staying in the warmth.
I had a good laugh yesterday. My partner works in the Middle East and has to undergo at least 3 medicals per year. He has always passed A1. Yesterday we got the results of the latest one and he has been advised to lose 1-2 stone. He is furious especially as the doctor issuing this advice is according to Brian extremely overweight himself.
He hates diets and if he ingests something low-fat by mistake he acts as if he has been poisoned. He refers to WW as the Happy Hippos Club - how rude!
I have told him to find out if there is a HHC in Dubai and if so join up at once:8855::8855::8855:
I haven't mentioned it to-day as he departs early to-morrow and won't be home for at least 10 weeks.This evening will be quite busy, there always seem to be lots of washing, ironing,wrapping, checking and packing to do. Things always get a bit tense on the eve of departure and we bicker about nothing. So I'm being as nice and diplomatic as I am able.
On the dieting front I am still not eating all my points which isn't good.I have had a stomach bug for a couple of weeks. This has left me with a poor appetite and I seem to have lost my sense of taste. This is both a blessing and a curse. On the one hand no willpower is required to stick to the diet but on the other I feel a bit left out when everyone is tucking in to delicious meals/drinks.
I guess when hunger returns,I will look back on this as the easy part.:sigh:

Well my partner has departed for at least 10 weeks and I am alone in the flat with only the 2 dogs for company.
This diary is going to be SO boring. I will be living like a nun and spending my time counting my WW points,working,walking said dogs and reading books.
I went to my first official WW meeting this morning.I got all the up-to-date books and information which is really useful - it's a lot to take in and I am ploughing through it to-night. I think the SHOP book will become my bible.The bad news is that I am entitled to 18 points per day only - I thought I would get 20 points. The other bad news is that the Black Forest Bars, which are advertised and everyone is talking about, are not yet available . Otherwise it was a nice friendly meeting and I enjoyed the discussions after the WIs:):):)

If you don't mine me asking, how come you have 18pts and not more? I think you should be on more looking at your current weight, you should be on 22pts which I was on when I was 186 lbs.

Hi Keisha
That's my allocation on the Discover Plan. If you're on it but have a higher allowance perhaps it's because you are younger and more active. Anyway I am going to give it a go and see how I get on since I have plateaued for the last few days.

Back