Lippy stops philosophising and starts dieting

Hi Lippy

I've been very remiss and not popped in for a while so sorry for that, and sorry to hear that you had a small gain but poof that will be off next week. It is slow but sure and a case of sticking to it through thick and thin. I'm just hoping mine goes in another 3 years so that will be 5 years in all. I just marvel every day that I'm still going even though I messed around last year. Just hang on it will come off for you.

See you soon

M

Hi WG and M
Looks like we need all our strength to stick to our respective diets. If it was easy we would have lost the weight years ago and it would have stayed off.Nice thought but not realistic - its a struggle to lose and a greater one to maintain. Now that I have cheered us all up I am pleased to report that in spite of a busy stressful day I have stick to my points.
Food intake for Friday:
4 ryvita 2.0
2tsps primula cheese 1.5
Sml skinny latte 1.5
Chicken+flatbread 5.5
Apple 0.5
L/f Singapore noodles 6.0
Mixed vegetables 0.0
Mueller light yogurt 1.5
F/f jelly 0.0
2 satsumas 0.5
Half pt sk milk 1.0
TOTAL 20.0
Off to make a cup of tea and finish a report for to-morrow - exciting Friday evening. Have to wait up til midnight to phone my lovely sister who lives in Texas where it will be 6 o'clock in the evening:)

Just lost a post!!!!

Anyway, in a nutshell - don't worry too much - you might just be having a blip of weight day - it will be off next week, you'll see. xx

Thanks LRO,
Hope you're right - we'll see next Tues.
See you are in my neck of the woods. Have a lovely weekend with lots of fun in Glasgow.
Sending good wishes whizzing down the M8

Late night update - at wi to-day I lost 2lbs! So far at official WW meetings I have lost:
WK1-3.5 off
Wk2-2.0 on
Wk3-2.0 off
Average loss per wk=1.16lbs
This is par for the course for me so I am preparing to accept that this is going to be a long slow slog.

Making progress Lippy, hope you are still Ok and managing to keep in points.

See you soon

M

Sadly my dear brother-in-law died over the weekend. He had several types of cancer and recently suffered dementia so in some ways his death is a blessed release for him. I am trying to arrange to go out to America for his funeral but with visas etc it is complicated. I probably won't be here for a week or so.
Not dieting but not eating a lot either. Hope everyone is doing well on this forum.

Sorry to hear that Lippy. Hope you get the visas sorted soon xxx

Sorry that your brother in law has lost his fight but hope that you can get over there.

Look forward to seeing you back

Take care

M

HELLO ALL
Haven't been on here for ages. Following a family bereavement I spent some months with my sister in USA.It was lovely but every day I was faced with delicious tempting food and sometimes I did succumb .However I am back home and have been attending WW for the past 3 weeks so am continuing my slow, unsteady road to goal.I am trying to catch up with everyone's posts and am amazed at the progress some have achieved AND what interesting lives miniminers have!
Onwards and downwards!
Lippy

hello and welcome back, sorry to hear of your loss, its never easy is it.

good luck with your restart :)

Hi Suz
Having been in the US for months I have a lot of work to catch up with. I am also taking a mini-break in London starting next Mon. So all on all I really am not knuckling down to points counting yet. Went to my WW meeting yesterday and have put on 1/2 lb.I'm not expecting a loss next week but am praying that after that I rediscover my mojo.
Hope you're doing better than me!
Lippy xxx

Hi All
Back from another holiday and determined to buckle down to achieving some significant losses.I have got rid of the man of my dreams who has no equal as a deliberate and calculating diet saboteur.No need to call the police - I haven't committed murder, although I have been seriously provoked sometimes -he is working abroad til Christmas at least.
I am tired of playing around with WW. I have been catching up with other threads and seen the great progress other people have made whilst I have stopped and started and stopped etc.I know it works for me and there is no excuse for not being at goal by now. So FULL SPEED AHEAD from now on.
Am typing this virtually in the dark. The lights in the sitting room fused last night and when I fixed the fuse and turned the lights on again there was a strong smell of burning.Eek I am phobic about electrics and water leaks. I am not touching the switches til next Tues when my lovely electrician comes to fix them.Reminds me that sometimes it's nice to have a man about the place!
Hope everyone is doing better than I am on the dieting and all other front.
Lippy

hey lippy, you can do it this time, just take it 1 day at a time-oh and i hope the lekkie gets fixed for you :)

Hi Suz
Thanks for your encouragement!You have done so well - it must be lovely to be a size 12. I have lost 5lb in the last 2 weeks and the waistband of size 16 trousers is still tight!
For dinner to-night I had a v small lean pork chop, a small sweet potato,100g brussel sprouts and an apple.I am really trying to get used to small portions.
L

Back