Lippy stops philosophising and starts dieting

Hi, I'm sure time on minis will help keep you occupied it does me it becomes addictive, so many interesting diaries to read.

Hope you get into the new plan and get your points organised to suit you then it will be all systems go.

Good luck

M

Hi Lippy.

I'm glad you enjoyed your meeting. I always loved mine (and probably why I like LL better than CD) :)

I bet your OH will be very surprised with the changes in you in 10 weeks apart. Hope you don't miss him too much :(

Sticking to 18 points for the time being at least and finding it OK. I weighed myself this morning and have lost another lb. That's fine the weight is creeping downwards.
So far to-day I have had the following:
3 original ryvita 1.5
1 med. banana 1.5
Sml skinny latte 2.5
Half chickpea flat bread 3.o
Low sat fat Moussaka 5.0
Steamed vegetables 0.0
TOTAL 13.5
Great ,off to decide what goodies I can have within my allowance!
Hope everyone in this forum is doing well.

Hi Lippy - good to see you are in positive spirits.

On the points front, it does sound rather low but if your consultant woman calculated it, it must be ok I suppose.

On the skinny latte front - 1pt skimmed milk is only 2pts so unless it was a pretty big latte....then you are doing yourself out of probably a point. (usually counted as 1.5pts I think?)

Thanks LRO,
Everyone is so helpful on this forum. The small skinny latte was from Starbucks and I'm sure I read somewhere that it was 2.5 but I will check it out.
Re the points,I think this is a temporary measure to get things moving.At the WW meeting there was a long queue and I didn't speak to the leader just the deputy leader who was a bit rushed and said 18 points would be helpful. I paid for a monthly pass so I think I will follow her advice and re-assess at the end of 4 weeks.
You have done so well with WW.

Another day of sticking to the diet although I find 18 pts quite limiting - but I suppose that's the whole point.
Went to the cinema this evening to see The Changeling (good but not uplifting).
To-day I have had:
3 ryvitas 1.5
3 tsps Lurpak light 1.5
Mini pitta,Edam&mushrooms 5.0
Low sat fat Tagliatelle ham/mushrooms 7.0
Steamed mix veg 0.0
Mueller Lt. rice 1.5
Apple 0.5
Half pt skm milk 1.0
TOTAL 18.0

The cinema has a nice Cafe and my friends ate toasties with nice large glassesof wine. I had no points left so had a black tea:sigh::sigh::sigh:

The 18pts now makes sense.

They seem to tell everyone to do Kickstart for the first couple of weeks. I assume its to almost guarantee a good weight loss and then you'll come back again (cynical, me - never...)

There is a calculation on one of the stickies - same one as in your books but you will be on more than 18 guaranteed - as it goes on weight, age, level of activity etc

It might be just enough to give you a little more variety.

You are off to a good start but black tea??? oh dear thats devotion to WW big style

Good luck

M

Another day down:)
Yesterday, I went slightly over 18pts:
3 ryvitas 1.5
3 tsps Lurpak Light 1.5
Brown Bread/York Ham Sandwich 5.0
L/F Singapore Noodles 6.0
Mixed Vegetables 0.0
Mueller Light Yogurt 1.5
Non-Fat Jelly 0.0
1 Apple 1.0
Grapes 1.0
2 Satsumas 0.5
.75 Pt Milk 1.5
TOTAL 19.5
It's so easy to drift over your allowance:(Thanks LRO,Mhredhill and Starlight for keeping me straight.I don't think I would have stuck to WW so well this time if it wasn't for this forum and all the high achievers' diaries. I would THINK I was following the plan but I would be guesstimating some items and forgetting about small extras such as fruit and skimmed milk. This time I am trying to be more scientific and precise.
I'm not expecting any dramatic results - I am a slow loser and the most I have ever lost on WW is 3.5lbs. My tracker relates to my progress since I started unofficially on Thurs 27th Nov 08 and it measures my weight first thing in the morning (no clothes and having been to the loo ,imho this is my TRUE weight).My official WI is next Tues but I will not up-date my tracker until Thurs.Whatever The Tues result is I won't be able to resist posting it here-either:Dor:cry:!

You'll be good at a slow pace. I know the last 2 weeks look as if I loose a stone a minute (still getting to the bottom of that its mad) but my usual loss is 1-2lbs and in year one at that rate I lost nearly 7 stone so you'll be fine.

Keeping a strict track of points is the way to go but 18 is a struggle I should think, I'm on 30 (I'm still huge) and its hard.

Good luck with your Wi.

Oh to answer your post from my diary whilst I'm here, T is just old and scared he doesn't have anything else I don't think but who knows he's back under the tablecloth now!!

Take care

M

Hi, just catching up on a few diaries having been offline for a week or so. Pleased your friends funeral went as well as can be expected - always helps with closure when the funerals are positive affairs. Glad the diet is going well - Good luck for your Tuesday WI x

Thanks Jax and MH
Eating all over for to-day but I have some sk. milk allowance left for tea.
Meals for to-day:
2 sl crustless bread 1.5
2 tsps Lurpak Light 1.0
Honey & Parsnip Soup 350gms 3.5
2 Ryvita 1.0
Sml bunch grapes 1.0
Hot smoked salmon 6.5
Mixed vegetables 0.0
Mueller light yog 1.5
F/F jelly 0.0
Apple 0.5
Total 16.5

Sad about John Mortimer's death - I'm off to see Rumpole and other programmes about JM on BBC4
Night all - hope all the diets are going well:wave_cry:

Another day down. Food intake was:
2 sl crustless bread 1.5
2 tsps Lurpak light 1.0
Chickpea falafel flat bread 6.0
Sml skinny latte 1.5
Wholegrain pasta+vegetables 3.5
Mueller yogurt 1.5
F/F jelly 0.0
Half pt sk milk 1.0
WW caramel whip 1.5
2 satsumas 0.5
TOTAL 18
Weigh in to-morrow but not expecting any great loss - I would be happy with 2lbs:)

Official WI to-day.Have lost 3.5lbs! Holy shmoly that's much better than expected.I'm not up-dating my ticker until Thurs the anniversary of my start before Xmas. My total weight loss since start is just short of 13lbs, so its possible (just) that I might hit the milestone of a stone by then.
Otherwise another quiet day as I have a lot of work on at the moment.Also I had to send off a cheque to Inland Reveue which is several thousand more than I was anticipating:(:eek::mad:
Keeping to the diet and hoping to catch up with other diaries later to-night .

Thanks Elegantripose and Donna - I'm surprised and pleased with the 3.5lbs. It's as much as I have ever lost in a week with WW.
Sarah -thanks that is a nice way of putting it. Rest assured your rate of loss on LL will be much faster than mine. I am expecting 3.5lbs to be the pinnacle of my achievement! Never mind I sense we're both determined to make it this time:wave_cry:

Back