Lisa4621's Weight Loss Diary

I am new to the site but like the idea of having a diary out there to help with my accountability.

I have managed to lose 35lbs since October 2012 and have another 35 to go. My first goal is to lose 7lbs by 11th January, this gives me 8 weeks.

Today I am visiting my parents, I will try to not eat a lot during the day as I cannot control what I have for dinner (plus my mum normally pushes some sort of dessert on me and I am weak willed!), I am thinking soup for lunch.

I won't be fitting in any exercise today either as I normally get home at about 9pm after I visit them (the lack of exercise is a common theme and one I need to sort though).

Welcome Lisa - well done on 35lbs so far that's great!!

Are you calorie counting / just trying to eat healthily ?

Exercise saves me every week!! I am greedy and love nights out, the odd take away, the odd chocolate binge and it's the exercise that always keeps me at the same weight luckily. Definitely helps weightloss and also will give you good muscle definition eventually :)

So not terrible yesterday - chicken soup with one small slice wholemeal bread for lunch and then chicken with brocolli, cauliflower, carrots and new potatoes. But then I did scoff the chocolate pudding my mum had made (with ice cream) - oops!

I feel like I am coming down with a cold today. Am off to make some porridge soon - I am trying to eat breakfast more regularly.

Hi Blondcat, initially I did intermittent fasting (5:2) which I really enjoyed but although I was losing weight I was still eating junk on my days off and thinking to myself that it can't be good for my body so this year I have been trying to eat healthy but my weight loss has stalled over the last three months, I keep bumping between 10st 7lbs and 10st 10lbs. I am considering joining slimming world as I will be ttc next year and I'd be able to carry that through when pregnant but am undecided (I've seen there's a forum on here for it so will be off to have a look later) and know I've got to up my game with exercise. What exercise do you do?

Small victory for me - I ate my porridge for breakfast yesterday :) I had egg salad with slice of wholemeal bread for lunch and then a chicken breast with red peppers, red onion and lettuce in a wrap for my dinner. Had a late stay at work so didn't get home til 8.30, after I'd eaten and had a bath I was straight off to bed so still no exercise this week (although I do walk 15mins to my bus stop each morning as standard).

I am hoping to find a decent online HIIT workout to do tonight as OH is off playing football. I have been having a look around the various forums here and am liking the idea of the soup challenge, need to find a clear week before Xmas to fit this in. In the mean time I got all inspired and bought some fresh soups this morning that'll keep me going at lunch for a few days.

Back