**Lisa's "determined to do it this time" diary!** 100th restart....

Sandy that's such an awesome story, I'm hoping for the same thing to happen to me. I like how you tried on the dress every week - really good visual/physical motivation. Definately put a piccy up so we can see!

Hi hannabanana,

Just did...............I hope not very good at this sort of thing.........photos need cropping though as the whole clan on them...lol.x

I suppose it varies from person to person Molly, but the theory is that SS gives you about 415kcal which is just enough energy to get an average person through an average day whilst still burning fat. Any less than that and you'll go into starvation mode. I've heard people on here saying they go to the gym and burn 500 - 600 kcals so it kinda puts our bodies into negative equity, meaning they'll do everything they can to hang onto water, glycogen and fat. Think I once saw KD post that the best thing to do was gentle exercises like swimming, walking and resistance training.

Hmmm, that is interesting. Sometimes I have missed a shake...or two. I thought I would be ok doing that and maybe even lose weight faster, but is that wrong then? Agh!! Its complicated! I am going to Devon for a camping trip (complete with Tetra's!) so won't be online for the weekend but I can catch-up again next week.

I felt really good today, been having heaps of compliments and so many people have noticed how much weight I have lost and all my friends are really supportive of the Cambridge diet - in fact, most of them know someone who has done it and had great results, so that is really good and I feel fortunate to have such good friends, because I have noticed on these forums some people get so much negative feedback from others, and boy is this a long sentence! Right, I need to go do some study, pack and get to bed!! Nitey!!

Been AWOL for about a week. Stuck to CD, just finding the site more a hindrance than a help at the minute. I find the diet easier when I put it to the back of my mind instead of lurking here all day.

Been feeling really down this week, emotions all over the place, energy has disappeared completely and I'm just bloody fed up. Going to go back to my GP for a chat and maybe ask to be put back on SSRI's. A GP friend of mine informally diagnosed me with binge eating disorder, and SSRI's supposedly help, but right now I just want to feel human again.

One week until CDC is back from Florida and I'm dreading getting weighed. I've hardly lost anything even though I've been 100%. Stress, not drinking enough water and a looming TOTM that just won't come have totally hampered any chance of a decent loss. God, I'm FED UP!

Aw, sorry to hear that hon. But well done on staying 100% - that is a lot more than I have done! I cancelled this week's weigh-in because I don't want to demotivate myself!

I am also having to restart getting into ketosis, so I am moody, irritable, have a headache, not sleeping well, you name it....not the nicest person to be around! Good job I live alone!

Please try and stay positive, if you have only lost a couple of pounds that is a couple of pounds off, gone for good and just keep telling yourself you WILL get into that dress!!!

What are SSRI's? I haven't heard of them before. Hope they do the job for you. Maybe counselling would be a good idea as well, you have been through a lot and it helps to talk about it, sometimes talking to a stranger is easier than to someone you know, and they won't judge you.

Big hugs!! xoxoxox

Good to see you posting again Lisa, you have been missed. Great that you are staying 100%, I do know what you mean about the site sometimes, every thought is CD, great at times, and great if you are wobbly, not so great when trying to get on with your life!

Think the ssri thing might be worth checking out. I know someone on minis who has done the same for much same reasons, I hope they help her. I think any help we can get to nudge us in a healthier direction, & towards feeling stronger/better about ourselves, has to be good. Anyway just wanted to say brilliant for staying 100%, stay calm about those scales, it will be water retention & you will get your loss before next weigh in. Big hugs.

xxx

Well I'm back.... again! Since starting CD in April, I've had tonsillitis, thyroid problems, swine flu and agonising toothache followed by after extraction dry socket. Can't say I've had the best few months and its really affected my mood and motivation. It is 2 weeks on Saturday until I am chief bridesmaid for my sister and I was originally aiming for a size 14 dress. Well I'm in an 18 and after a good few weeks living on soup and ice cream (cause I could barely move my jaw to chew anything else), its feeling a little clingy around my waist. So I have 2 and a half weeks to lose 7lbs and feel as comfortable as I can in my dress.

I decided to ask h2b to take pictures of me in my bra and knickers as motivation to be good- and its blooming worked!! Lets just say they're horrible! Yesterday was day 1 (again ;)) and I think it is probably the most confident and productive day on SS that I've had since my first attempt in April. Its the first time that I genuinely haven't wanted to eat anything and the water was going down easily. My head was definately in 'the CD zone' and I'm hoping it will stay there for a few months. I'm also 3.5lbs lighter this morning :D :D Not bad considering I only lost 5lbs in my whole first week last time around!

Great to have you back and posting! We can do this! That clingy feeling of your dress will go really soon, its probably all water retention anyways.

Heres for another 100% day! (Ive pm'd you.)

Glad to see you're back on it, hunny, we have missed you! Sorry that you've had a crappy few months as well, it never rains, but it pours, eh?

Well you've taken control and back in the zone- I need a bit of that mentality. I'm sure you'll do your 7lbs, easy and will look lovely in your dress- I want pictures!

Don't worry, there'll be lots of pictures. I'm not sure how much I suit violet, but the dress is pretty flattering. The hotel overlooks the West Pier at Brighton and as a surprise for my sister, my other sister and I have bought some floating lanterns to 'release' (for want of a better word) in the evening, so there'll be some amazing pictures taken on the beach. Really looking forward to it now!

Just got back from our afternoon out. The interactive exhibition at the museum was really good fun! The kids went to a lovely little cafe and tucked into hot dogs, chips and lots of fried onions followed by ice creams whilst I was a good girl. Then we did the shopping and I managed to be good in Asda. Decided to treat myself to a can of Coke Zero to take to the cinema with me tonight, so it'll be my little treat to tuck into my coke and CD bar and my friends don't even have to know I'm doing CD :D It's mine and h2b's little secret ..... ;)

Aw well done you sounds like you have had a bit of a bad time my dear. Its good to have you back and there is nothing like a nice occasion to get you motivated, bet you will look a knock out in the dress xxxx

Please come back!
Ive been off track for the past few days but got to keep going, not that Im presuming thats why you're not here! its just its always the reason why i dissapear.

Big hugs to both Angela & Lisa... you can do it hons, just keep on posting, it does help.

xxx

Back