**Lisa's "determined to do it this time" diary!** 100th restart....

Lisa, you can see a great difference hun. Surely that in itself give you motivation and inspiration?? See what you can do? Stick in and you will be a size 12 before you know it ;)

Thanks ladies

Another 100% day under my belt! I'm not kidding myself into thinking that I've got it cracked, but its nice that I'm learning to alter my thought patterns when it comes to food. Been up most of the night with Mollie who is getting her last molars through, after a dose of Calpol she just wanted to play all night. Think I may nap this afternoon before Sam heads off to his meeting (on what is meant to be his day off!). He is helping to set up and open a new store in Ripon, as well as running his own and I've not seen that much of him lately. Will be glad when the store is open next Thursday and I get my h2b back!

Hey Lisa

Sorry I haven't been online for a few days, I have been having a bit of a blip these past few days, I did manage to lose 2lb still last week but it would have been more had I not eaten what I shouldn't! And then I had to go and spoil it all last night by eating chocolate....I feel so disappointed with myself :( I don't even know why I did it. :break_diet:

Anyway, you look fantastic in your photo! It is amazing to see the difference already, well done, keep up the good work! :D

You have had such a lot happen in your life, I think the suggestion made by someone (sorry, I forget who!) to have counselling is very good, it may help you with issues which you have been hiding by food.

It is great that you are setting yourself mini-goals, I should do that too! At the moment I am taking things each day at a time, just trying to get through the day being 100%.

So here goes for the rest of today.....

hi lisa

Sometimes we do things like that , at least you knew that you would be better off without them , you can always buy another pack when you get to goal , they are not gone forever .
I see your photos there , you can see the loss , which must make you feel like you want to carry on , so maybe next month we will see your next photo ? :)
I'm sure it will be fine missing only one pack , its only one after all .
Catch up on your sleep , this diet can make you tired even with little ones Arrrr .
Congrats on your weight loss

Hey Lisa

Sorry I haven't been online for a few days, I have been having a bit of a blip these past few days, I did manage to lose 2lb still last week but it would have been more had I not eaten what I shouldn't! And then I had to go and spoil it all last night by eating chocolate....I feel so disappointed with myself :( I don't even know why I did it. :break_diet:

Anyway, you look fantastic in your photo! It is amazing to see the difference already, well done, keep up the good work! :D

You have had such a lot happen in your life, I think the suggestion made by someone (sorry, I forget who!) to have counselling is very good, it may help you with issues which you have been hiding by food.

It is great that you are setting yourself mini-goals, I should do that too! At the moment I am taking things each day at a time, just trying to get through the day being 100%.

So here goes for the rest of today.....

Glad you're getting yourself back on track hun. Have you thought about starting a diary too? It really helps you think straight :) The mini goals are brilliant as well, helps keep you motivated- baby steps soon add up.

Its been a long day, I'm worn out (even after a little nap this afternoon) and I'm praying Mollie sleeps through tonight. I can't do with another night of no sleep, especially since I'm up and out first thing tomorrow. Never expected teething trouble at 26 months, damn molars ;)

Glad you're getting yourself back on track hun. Have you thought about starting a diary too? It really helps you think straight :) The mini goals are brilliant as well, helps keep you motivated- baby steps soon add up.

Its been a long day, I'm worn out (even after a little nap this afternoon) and I'm praying Mollie sleeps through tonight. I can't do with another night of no sleep, especially since I'm up and out first thing tomorrow. Never expected teething trouble at 26 months, damn molars ;)

Yea I have done a bit of a blog, to be honest I am not very good at keeping a diary, I've tried before and do well for a while but then it ends up being forgotten.

I think I am actually afraid of doing mini-goals in case I fail and that knocks me off track. I do tend to set rather high standards for myself and can never achieve them!

Yea I have done a bit of a blog, to be honest I am not very good at keeping a diary, I've tried before and do well for a while but then it ends up being forgotten.

I think I am actually afraid of doing mini-goals in case I fail and that knocks me off track. I do tend to set rather high standards for myself and can never achieve them!

Setting standards too high for myself has been one of my biggest downfalls in the past too. I love my mini goals because they never feel 'too much'- they're so easy to achieve really, but I get a real boost and a lot of motivation from reaching them.

Depends what you struggle with I suppose. At the minute mine are normally upping my water for a few days or doing so long on the Wii fit each day. I prefer not to set weight loss goals, cause I have no real control over what the scales say, but I can control what I drink and how much I exercise :)

That is good. Well I drink heaps of water, so I guess my goal will be to do some exercise each day. I had given up on exercise because I was always too tired and never lost weight when I exercised, but I guess that is no excuse! And my dog will love me more!!

Heehee! Yes, your pooch will be your best buddy if you take him/her for long walks. I don't do any strenuous exercise, just a little go on the Wiifit cause its fun, plus some abdominal, chest and upper arm resistance training in the vain hope of trying to firm up. I want to start running again, I used to run every morning back in the pre-children, pre-weight gain days, but it'll have to wait until I move up the plans. I have NO energy on SS and as you say, it slows the losses right down.

Do you think too much exercise hampers weight loss? I thought i might be speeding it up by doing my 20 mins on the Sport Active. I'd hate for it to be counter productive.

I suppose it varies from person to person Molly, but the theory is that SS gives you about 415kcal which is just enough energy to get an average person through an average day whilst still burning fat. Any less than that and you'll go into starvation mode. I've heard people on here saying they go to the gym and burn 500 - 600 kcals so it kinda puts our bodies into negative equity, meaning they'll do everything they can to hang onto water, glycogen and fat. Think I once saw KD post that the best thing to do was gentle exercises like swimming, walking and resistance training.

Although, good on you for having the energy to do Sport Active. H2b bought it and I had a turn, I was worn out after a few minutes. Listen to your body, if you have the energy to do it, I think you'll be okay. You have a lot less weight to shift around all day than me, so you'll have a bit more energy to spare.

Thanks Lisa, I'll change some of the activities to resistance. Its been making me do quite a lot of lunges, squats and bicep curls so i could keep doing that and take out the running. When i say running its only about 150 metres!!

All those will be brilliant for firming everything up a bit, which is never a bad thing. They'll also help you build lean muscle (I'm not talking body builder style) and muscle burns calories quicker than fat, so use more calories just sleeping :D :D :D

Now you're making me feel guilty, my exercise is walking dog to park and back each day!!!

xxx

Same here Katy dont know how people excercise while on this diet I take my hat off to them!! Hope your well Lisa your sounding so much more positive of late its nice to hear xxx

Hi

I really sympathise with you Lisa as I have on occasions binged and it is horrible after the way you feel about yourself. I know my reasons for doing this but it does not make it any easier and would never discuss it with anyone as I too find it hard to open up to folk. Although I have struggled on the cd so far no binges but only 8wks in so time yet.

I was at my brothers wedding in Dublin 2wk ends ago and had bought a dress to fit in at the beg of my cd journey. Every Sunday a day before weigh in I tried that dress on and every wk it got looser and looser............that was my motivation. It would not zip up on the first try and I spent the day of the wedding pulling the bust part up....lol............this is the most I have ever lost on any diet ever and it is soooo worth it. All sorts of people were coming up and saying how fab I looked...............it was a boost and made me feel so good about myself.............So you hold those thoughts and picture yourself in that 14 dress and you too will feel amazing.........and if you fall off the wagon between now and then the most important thing I find is getting right back on the diet the next day..................hope this helps a teeny bit and btw I have 5sisters and they too were so negative.......but they shut up sharpish day of the wedding when relatives said how fab I looked.........will post a piccy of me in the dress...lol.x

Back