**Lisa's "determined to do it this time" diary!** 100th restart....

I'm lacking anything even resembling energy tonight, I'm grumpy, moody and tired, so I'll keep this short and sweet. I have been 100% today- found it quite easy since reading your post Katy. Something just clicked and I realised its my own negativity that is dragging me down. I need to believe I can do CD and the rest will follow. Thanks all for your replies, I hope I can do you all, and myself, proud over the coming days, weeks and maybe even months :)

I think we are all guilty of that so you are definitley not alone there adn I also think CD amplifies all our moods aswell. I tell you I regulalry think it would be so much easier to be an alcoholic or drug addict as you dont physically need them to survive , but you need food and theres such a social emphasis on food too.

heres to a 100% day for both of us
Love
Jess
xxx

I think we are all guilty of that so you are definitley not alone there adn I also think CD amplifies all our moods aswell. I tell you I regulalry think it would be so much easier to be an alcoholic or drug addict as you dont physically need them to survive , but you need food and theres such a social emphasis on food too.

heres to a 100% day for both of us
Love
Jess
xxx

Morning Jess. I was a right moody cow last night, but faked a smile for Sam when he got home from work and skulked off to bed. Feeling A LOT better this morning even though the scales are still staying the same (to be expected really). Going to get lots of water down me and then I have 3 days worth of housework, washing and ironing to keep me busy and my mind off food.

I have to agree that in some ways being addicted to something other than food would be easier- food is the basis of most social gatherings we have, its on T.V, in practically every shop we go into but we still need it to survive. I spent yesterday evening watching the Good Food channel, deciding what I could cook when I was at goal (if I ever get there ;)) and how I could make it healthier. Never thought I would crave salads and stir-fry!

Been another 100% day here, even though an incredibly moody one. I fell asleep this afternoon when putting Mollie down for her nap, and woke in the most argumentative mood imaginable. Ashamed to say I bit Sams head off and he is now sulking in the garden with a tuna melt and a cold cider. Oh, how I would love a glass/bottle/vineyard of wine tonight.

On the upside, Imogen found £10 in the garden!! She says it blew over the wall, but I'm wondering whether it fell out of a pocket from something on the line. Still its £10 we'd otherwise of lost, and its now £10 I'm putting in my 'NEW WARDROBE' fund. Been 100% today and I'm up 10 pounds- luckily these are the kinds pounds I don't mind increasing.

10 pounds up , now that will make you smile :)
100 % you must be feeling great , Lisa with the weather being hot is helping you as you won't want food but cool drinks , hey I know its not allowed but i'm sure a coke zero is a good reward , also people say it does not knock you out of K . they have an odd one now and then , so you cold join Sam with his cider .
Getting to goal , you can see this dream coming true just stick with it and ride the ride !

I had a can of Coke Zero this evening actually, I always have a few in the fridge as they help me curb my cravings :) I really wanted chips and chinese curry sauce tonight, I don't even like it that much, but I was craving big style. Tomorrow will be hard, I'm doing my speciality chicken salad for dinner and I always find it hard to resist because it'd practically be an SS+ meal (except for the dressing), so I tend to end up pinching bits of lettuce and chicken. I will be strong though!

I made up with Sam this evening, he ran me a nice hot bath and sat in the bathroom with me having a good old chat. We talked about some of the reasons we think I struggle with CD which was really quite constructive. I've realised that the last few days I've been quite daunted with how long its taken me to lose 18lbs and feel like I'm going to be doing it forever. So I'm setting myself a deadline of August 29th- my sisters hen night- to lose as much as possible on SS. I know I won't be anywhere near goal, just going for 100% and as much as I can. That's just a tiny 11 weeks away, and that doesn't seem all that long. It means I have something to count down toward and I'll be setting up a ticker to help me visualise the days passing down (only 75 left ;))

So, on August 29th, I will be having my dress fitting, going shoe shopping and then heading for my sisters hen night. Her main night is in Brighton (she lives down there) but I can't make it, so when she comes up for the dress fitting we've booked a meal and spa treat. What ever my weight, I will be doing a higher plan where it will be safe to drink, but I will be taking a day off for the hen night and 2 days off for the wedding weekend 3 weeks after.

After the wedding, I may decide to come back to SS, I may do WW or I may go into maintenance, depending on how I feel about myself.

So here is to the next 75 days of SS...... wish me luck!

Hun, it's lovely to hear you're feeling so much more positive. It really helps looking at our mini goals. I have the list on my fridge to remind me. Well done for not giving in to those cravings.....it'll be so worth it when we get to goal.

big hug xxx

75 days . I think maybe 3 stone off by then ?
Sam seems a lovely guy , coming up to the bathroom to chat with you , he is a true gent !
I always think it's good to talk , also he reads your posts here too which is good he is showing an interest in whats going on , which not many men do that .
I see you are really thinking different now too , its helped you to pour your feelings out and to have a good cry , you know it really makes us feel so much better to have a cry !
Lisa it's Monday coming up lets see another 100 % , yes coke zero , we have to have a little treat :)

3 stone is approximately what I'm aiming for if I can manage 100%, but anything will be a big step in the right direction. Roll on August Bank holiday weekend!

Lisa, I counted the days backwards in my diary and crossed off each day as it came. I started on 102 days, today I only have 25 days to go (75 shakes). I don't count the months or weeks, I literally count days!!

If I can do it, anyone can. My losses haven't been very good as you know, but I keep plodding on becasue I know it will come off eventually. You can do this, you so WANT to. The way I think is "its my choice I am fat, or its my choice if I am thin - only I can make that decision" - come on Lisa, today is another day.

Just dropping in to say hello... today is my first day on CD, so lookin for motivation, inspiration, whatever..
Reading your posts has made me feel that we all need support and help along the way if we are going to succeed, and I wish you all the very best.
I will be along on a daily basis, commenting rather than lurking and hope that we can do this together...

Take care
Tracy

hi lisa , first 3 weeks a stone . But I am gussing 3 stone in all .
If it was only easy , I think for some people it is easy , why I don't know . But for others it can be painful .
Just go with your plan , I too have problems dieting . It can make me low in my mood , and I see people on here wizz by , Just enjoy the ride ! Even write how your feeling and thinking daily to look back on when you hit your goal !

Found myself in the buying a packet of crisps when I bought petrol yesterday. I opened them, put them on the seat next to me, realised what I was doing, pulled over and emptied them onto the pavement.... such a litter bug. Never mind, it'll help fatten the pigeons around here up ;) Lesson learnt- use the 'Pay at the pump' petrol station from now on.

Fell asleep early last night settling the kiddles as I was very tired, I ended up missing out on a pack. I obviously understand I'll be missing out on nutrients and what not, but do you think it will affect my weight loss? I might take a multi vitamin today, I'm kinda panicking about it. Was otherwise 100% all day, and am going to be again today too

Well done Lisa... the pigeons are loving you for your kindness, too!

xxx

Gotta love today. Been 100% again, had an un-official weigh in and have lost 5 3/4 lbs, taking me to a total of 23 1/2lbs from original starting weight and into the 15's!! God, I love CD (when I can do it ;)) Also got my first compliments from the other mums at school today as I decided to wear something that wasn't massively baggy! I feel amazing. Will upload some pics for you all to see (excuse the poor quality self portrait, my phone camera and a mirror were the only tools to hand ;)) :D :D :D :D

fatmepic.jpg
gettingtherepic.jpg

Last edited:
Oh hon, what a difference... and a great weight loss this week! Well done! Hope that's the reward and motivation you need to keep on track. Big hugs & well done again.

xxx

Thanks Katy. You know, I never realised how big my stomach was until that picture, I always blamed it on a bad camera angle. So happy its going the right direction now, I feel like I might be able to conquer CD after all ;)

Back