Little Miss Naughty's Food Diary

Good afternoon all.

I weighed in this morning, it was the first time on the scales for a good while. Geez I've put on a lot more than I thought!

So here goes...

I am currently 13 stone 6 pounds. I would absolutely love to get back down to 11 stone but I know that is going to be an absolute mountain to climb!
I am going on holiday in less than 5 weeks time and I would like to have shifted 10lbs by then. That seems easily do-able as it is only about 2lbs a week.

As well as the diet I am also hoping to complete mini challenges, anyone who remembers me from last time I was here will remember that I like to set myself little challenges.
I will be hoping to do tummy crunch, squats, the plank and others. I will also be doing my week day detox's as well once I've been back in the diet zone for a bit.

The detox days worked really well for me last time and often gave me the boast I needed, so hopefully they will work well again this time round.

So that's it. Sounds easy doesn't it!! Let's hope I can stick to it well like I did last time and get some of this weight shifted. Like last time, I am hoping my family will be super supportive. My hubby has already said he will will join me with the diet but he may not do the detox days, we will have to see when it comes to it. Plus my daughter who is 11 will be eating more healthily as she will be having the same meals as us, expect for at school and the odd treat. It is infact my daughter who has set sme of the exercise challenges for me and she wants to do them also.

I will always weigh myself on a Monday Morning as soon as I wake up. I've always loved Monday weigh-ins in the past because it helps me be super good at the weekend.

It would be great to have lots of support from others on here and hopefully we will be able to share recipes, ideas, tips etc...

So here goes, my first full day on plan. Here is yesterdays food diary:

Monday 9th January 2017

Breakfast

Banana

Lunch

Spicy Cous Cous
Satsuma

Dinner

Quorn Mince Chilli with rice, sw chips and naan

I know my dinner last night was not the best but it was my first day back, so am easing myself in gently :)

I will not include tea, coffee, water or green tea in my diary but any other drinks I have I will document.

I haven't started doing my exercised yet as I have the most horrendous cough, o I'm waiting for that to clear but hopefully will be able to start some of my mini exercise challenges within the next few days :)

Hello!
Here to follow :) it sounds like you're back in the zone! Hope your cough eases soon- my OH has had a terrible one for the last couple of weeks too.
Your exercise challenges sound good- I keep thinking I should start running again but haven't quite worked up to it with the weather being so rubbish.
Interested to hear more about your detox days?! X

Hello!
Here to follow :) it sounds like you're back in the zone! Hope your cough eases soon- my OH has had a terrible one for the last couple of weeks too.
Your exercise challenges sound good- I keep thinking I should start running again but haven't quite worked up to it with the weather being so rubbish.
Interested to hear more about your detox days?! X

Hi Poppet12,

Thank you for following me. I need as much support and motivation as I can get :)

I am back in the zone and am hoping it will last. Last time round I did really well, so I'm hoping I can do it again.

Sorry to hear you OH has got a cough, it's really bad, we have a couple of people off work with it at the minute and all my family have got it. Hopefully it will clear soon.

I don't blame you not wanting to go out running in this weather. I sometime do jogging on the spot in home but need to work my way back up to that, lol!

I love my detox days,, I will start doing them again once I'm totally focussed and have started losing a bit of weight. Last time round, I got loads of support on here from other members who also did them as well. I will document it all when I do them :)

I'm coming to find your diary now.xx

Hi, here to support. Interested to see what your mini challenges are and perhaps joining you. Currently I am randomly walking the streets aimlessly trying to get 10,000 steps under my belt a day!
Detox days should interesting too. Like us all, you know what you have to do, just a case of getting on plan.

Hi. I am doing a walking half msrathon in june so walking with runkeeper app. Building up didtance and speed. Also trying to get back into classes at gym. Would nt mind doing a challenge si if you find a good one not running tho...pls let me know

Faye x

Hi both,

Thank you for joining me. I love getting extra support on here to help keep me motivated :)

I felt terrible with this stupid cough again yesterday, so it took me all my energy just to make dinner let alone eat it!

My daughter is constantly nagging me to start the Plank Challenge which will simply involve doing the Plank for as long as we can each day. Last time I tried, I think I managed aout 10 seconds!! So I am hoping to build on that this time, lol. I will do it every day for a week and see how I get on, then decide after that whether I continue or move onto something else.
I am also eager to start my tummy chunches, again this will be every day. I will start with 20 and then hopefully work my way up to 80 - 100 at a time each day.
Hopefully I'll be able to start doing both of these in the next couple of days.

Looking forward to hearing more about how you are doing :)

Tuesday 10th January 2017

Breakfast

Honey Dew Melon & Kiwi

Lunch

Veg Chilli and Rice (last nights leftovers)

Dinner

Turkey Curry, Rice, SW Chips (very small portion)

I really didn't feel well again last night, I couldn't stop coughing, so I had no appitite, hence not having much for dinner.

I am trying to drink a lot more water than I normally do. I have set myself a target to drink atleast 4 500ml bottles of water a day while I'm at work and to have a glass with my evening meal. I know it probably doesn't sound much but I hardly drink any water normally so this is a big mission for me!
So far today I've only managed one bottle, so I need to get supping!!

I know what you mean with the water! I'm useless at drinking it but this time around I make sure I have a pint in the morning, a pint after lunch, pint with tea and pint in the bath haha. It's working quite well at the moment, though I have to be careful to stop before 7pm or I'm up all night :rolleyes:
Have you tried getting some pholcodine linctus from the chemist? OH got some and it's cleared his really fast. Hope it clears up for you soon.
Plank challenge sounds tough! I don't think my form is quite right with it but it's a good move!

I know what you mean with the water! I'm useless at drinking it but this time around I make sure I have a pint in the morning, a pint after lunch, pint with tea and pint in the bath haha. It's working quite well at the moment, though I have to be careful to stop before 7pm or I'm up all night :rolleyes:
Have you tried getting some pholcodine linctus from the chemist? OH got some and it's cleared his really fast. Hope it clears up for you soon.
Plank challenge sounds tough! I don't think my form is quite right with it but it's a good move!

I think the water thing is all about getting into a routine...I'm struggling to get into that routine :( but I'm sure I will get there. I've had another 2 bottle bottles now so I'm up to 3 out of my 4.

Someone else I have spoken to has mentioned pholcodine linctus. I've been using cough medicine but it doesn't seem to be touching it. If I've still got it by the weekend I will get to a chemist.

Tbh I'm not looking forward to doing the Plank but it is supposed to be really good for your stomach, so I will give it a go. I'm not convinced I will be able to stick it for too long though but I will try :)

Have you ever done 30 day shred? That's good for building core muscles too! I found it just hard enough to be a challenge without dreading it every day and struggling to move lol.
I've read so much recently on cough medicines and some are such a con!
Pholcodine is good stuff as it is a cough suppressant but only recommended if your cough isn't productive ie. you're not coughing stuff up. But if it's just one of those annoying tickly coughs then it's brill :) only a couple of quid as well.
Well done on the three bottles so far- you can do this! It will become habit soon!

Wednesday 11th January 2017

Breakfast

Breakfast

Honey Dew Melon, satsuma & Kiwi

Lunch

Rice with a table spoon of sweet chilli philidelphia and chopped onion, pepper, cucumber & tomato

Dinner

Pesto Pasta

I love the sweet chilli flavoured Philly, I find it so easy to have at lunchtimes with either rice or pasta and I never seem to get bored of it, so it's win win for me :)

I took the advice and went to the chemist this morning on my break to get some Pholcodine cough medicine. No one said it was going to be absolutely vile tasting!
So now I'm not coughing so much and I'm starting to feel a bit better, I will start my little challenges tonight. So it will be day 1 of the plank challenge and day 1 of tummy chunch challenge. Wish me luck and I'll let you know tomorrow how I get on :)

I'm starting to get into this water lark now...I've had 3 bottles so far today. Although I did down nearly a whole bottle with the vile cough medicine to try and get rid of the taste!!

Poppet, I have thought about the 30 day shred before but from what ive heard in the past you have to be extremely dedicated. I'm not sure I have time to do that at the minute but it is always in the back of my mind, so maybe one day I'll give it a go.

How are you all doing today?

The flavoured phillys are lush- the roasted tomato one is heaven on french stick! Not very on plan though!
Glad you got some medicine, lol I haven't tried it so didn't know how awful it tasted! At least it got you going with water ;)
I wouldn't say extremely dedicated, especially if you're not in a massive rush to lose the weight, I just found it a good all-round workout and alternated it with running. Bit of cardio, strength and abs and only takes 20 mins. When I'm back on form I'll probably do it 3 times a week or so, rather than every day!

Just here to sub. ;)
30 day shred is very good in that it's only 25 mins out of your day! You can also break it down, so if you wanted you could do it mon-fri and have rest days at the weekend, so it would be done over 6 weeks. I must dig out my dvd. Food plan looks good, your turkey curry has inspired me!

The flavoured phillys are lush- the roasted tomato one is heaven on french stick! Not very on plan though!
Glad you got some medicine, lol I haven't tried it so didn't know how awful it tasted! At least it got you going with water ;)
I wouldn't say extremely dedicated, especially if you're not in a massive rush to lose the weight, I just found it a good all-round workout and alternated it with running. Bit of cardio, strength and abs and only takes 20 mins. When I'm back on form I'll probably do it 3 times a week or so, rather than every day!

I've not tried the roasted tomato one. I'll look out for it when I go shopping. I could eat philly straight from the tub but have to be good not stick to just one spoon stirred in to pasta or rice. As it is so tasty it makes a nice alternative to pasta sauces.

You'll have to let me know how you get on with the Shred when you start it and I will see how I'm going with my other exercises, I might join you.

I've not had all 4 bottles of water so I am happy with that as it is only just after lunch time :)

Just here to sub. ;)
30 day shred is very good in that it's only 25 mins out of your day! You can also break it down, so if you wanted you could do it mon-fri and have rest days at the weekend, so it would be done over 6 weeks. I must dig out my dvd. Food plan looks good, your turkey curry has inspired me!

Hi Sunshine,

Thank you for joining me. It's always great to get extra support and motivation :)

My turkey curry was nice but I'm not a mad turkey fan so it would have been loads better for me if it had chicken in it. But the frozen christmas leftovers needed using, lol.

Hi Sunshine,

Thank you for joining me. It's always great to get extra support and motivation :)

My turkey curry was nice but I'm not a mad turkey fan so it would have been loads better for me if it had chicken in it. But the frozen christmas leftovers needed using, lol.

I have enough turkey left to feed everyone on minimins! Haha!
Something that helps with my water intake is sparkling water. I'm not a water fan, so I struggle to drink my 2-3 litres.

Back