Little Miss Piggy turning piggy into slimmy

How cool I suppose ill have to learn how to make booties one day lol... hey do you by any chance know how many points in a fried egg?

FANTASTIC BAGEL RECIPE :)

Homemade bagels taste better!

People think that making outstanding bagels at home is really difficult, but it's really no harder than making a loaf of bread...and can be done within about an hour.
Don't be discouraged if your bagels look at bit funny at first, you'll get the hang of it in no time, and those curiously shaped bagels will still beat supermarket bagels hands down.
What makes a bagel different from other breads is the two stage cooking process. A bagel is first briefly boiled, and then baked.

Homemade bagel recipe makes 8 (4pp) or 16 (2pp)
4 cups bread flour
1 Tbls sugar replace by using no calorie sugar such as splenda
1 1/2 tsps salt (low sodium)
1 Tbls vegetable oil
2 tsps instant yeast
1-1/4- 1-1/2 cups of warm water.

Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. You don't have to worry about soaking the yeast when you use instant yeast (most yeast sold these days is instant yeast).

The dough should feel stiff, but add the extra water if it's really stiff, or you can't get all the dry flour incorporated.

Plop the dough down onto the counter, and knead for about ten minutes, or until the dough is uniform and smooth.

Cut the dough into 8 equal sized balls, and let rest for 10-20 minutes.

Pre heat your oven to 425f or 220 celcius

Now, take each of the dough balls and using two hands, roll it into a little snake on the counter.
When the snake is longer than the width of your two hands, wrap it around your dominant roiling hand.
The dough rope should be wrapped so the overlapping ends are together at your palm, near the start of your fingers.
Now take the two overlapping ends, and use your palm to squish/roll these two ends together.
Once the dough is fused, you should have a perfectly circular bagel-to-be!

This is the only part of the process that can take a little practice before your bagels will look really professional. Don't get discouraged if they don't look perfect, it just takes practice!

Let your bagels rest on the counter for about 20 minutes, and meanwhile, bring a pot of water to boil, and grease a large baking tray lightly (low-fat-spray).

After the 20 minute wait, your bagels will start to look puffy, and it's time to get them boiling!

Add them as many at a time as you can to your boiling water without crowding them.

Boil for about a minute, turn them over, and boil for another minute. Take them out a let dry for a minute and then place them on your oiled baking tray. Repeat until all the bagels are boiled. (if u want any sesame or poppy seeds this is the time to put them on just put the seeds on a plate and carefully put the wet bagel onto the plate press gently and put in tray with seeds side down to bake)

Add the tray to the oven, and after 10 minutes, flip the bagels over, bake for another ten minutes; and they're done!

Let them cool for at least 20 minutes, get the low fat cream cheese ready, and feast on what's got to be one of the best breakfasts possible!

You can add any toppings you like to these. To make sesame, onions, poppy seed, caraway etc. etc. bagels just have a dry plate ready with the seed or spice topping spread out on it. After the bagels have come out of the boiling water, place them face down onto the seeds, and then place the seed side up onto the baking tray. Bake and flip as for plain bagels.

fried egg is 2 pp for medium egg and 3 for large and low-fat spray is 1pp per 4 sprays :)

hahahaha quick post to share this story

I just texted my wife and told her I couldnt weight to see her hahahaha I am really way to busy with this diet LOL

welcome :) the title of the thread made me laugh a little lol:) good luck! xx

Linz, never put off a weigh in due to a bad week! Good or bad, just do it and we are all here. You look stunning in your pic by the way!!!

littlemisspiggy said:
Homemade bagels taste better!

People think that making outstanding bagels at home is really difficult, but it's really no harder than making a loaf of bread...and can be done within about an hour.
Don't be discouraged if your bagels look at bit funny at first, you'll get the hang of it in no time, and those curiously shaped bagels will still beat supermarket bagels hands down.
What makes a bagel different from other breads is the two stage cooking process. A bagel is first briefly boiled, and then baked.

Homemade bagel recipe makes 8 (4pp) or 16 (2pp)
4 cups bread flour
1 Tbls sugar replace by using no calorie sugar such as splenda
1 1/2 tsps salt (low sodium)
1 Tbls vegetable oil
2 tsps instant yeast
1-1/4- 1-1/2 cups of warm water.

Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. You don't have to worry about soaking the yeast when you use instant yeast (most yeast sold these days is instant yeast).

The dough should feel stiff, but add the extra water if it's really stiff, or you can't get all the dry flour incorporated.

Plop the dough down onto the counter, and knead for about ten minutes, or until the dough is uniform and smooth.

Cut the dough into 8 equal sized balls, and let rest for 10-20 minutes.

Pre heat your oven to 425f or 220 celcius

Now, take each of the dough balls and using two hands, roll it into a little snake on the counter.
When the snake is longer than the width of your two hands, wrap it around your dominant roiling hand.
The dough rope should be wrapped so the overlapping ends are together at your palm, near the start of your fingers.
Now take the two overlapping ends, and use your palm to squish/roll these two ends together.
Once the dough is fused, you should have a perfectly circular bagel-to-be!

This is the only part of the process that can take a little practice before your bagels will look really professional. Don't get discouraged if they don't look perfect, it just takes practice!

Let your bagels rest on the counter for about 20 minutes, and meanwhile, bring a pot of water to boil, and grease a large baking tray lightly (low-fat-spray).

After the 20 minute wait, your bagels will start to look puffy, and it's time to get them boiling!

Add them as many at a time as you can to your boiling water without crowding them.

Boil for about a minute, turn them over, and boil for another minute. Take them out a let dry for a minute and then place them on your oiled baking tray. Repeat until all the bagels are boiled. (if u want any sesame or poppy seeds this is the time to put them on just put the seeds on a plate and carefully put the wet bagel onto the plate press gently and put in tray with seeds side down to bake)

Add the tray to the oven, and after 10 minutes, flip the bagels over, bake for another ten minutes; and they're done!

Let them cool for at least 20 minutes, get the low fat cream cheese ready, and feast on what's got to be one of the best breakfasts possible!

You can add any toppings you like to these. To make sesame, onions, poppy seed, caraway etc. etc. bagels just have a dry plate ready with the seed or spice topping spread out on it. After the bagels have come out of the boiling water, place them face down onto the seeds, and then place the seed side up onto the baking tray. Bake and flip as for plain bagels.

Thanks for the recipe - can't wait to trt it!

CGx
Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

cant wait to try these bagels :) yum.. any tips on how to get them to rise though? i tried a while ago to make cinnamon rolls and the dough barely did anything, idk if it was too cold in the kitchen or what :( yea it was a sad day... i was really looking forward to those babies lol

put them in a bowl or plate when they are rising and cover with slightly wet (clean) teatowel this way the dough wont dry out and the heat of the yeast gets trapped in the bowl making them rise further :D

Thank you :D

littlemisspiggy said:
put them in a bowl or plate when they are rising and cover with slightly wet (clean) teatowel this way the dough wont dry out and the heat of the yeast gets trapped in the bowl making them rise further :D

Kool thanks ill try it as soon as I can :) though I'm the only one in the house that eats bagels.. do they freeze?

yes they do x x x make sure they are cooled down before u freeze them and pack them well :) lemmie know how it went!

the BRILLIANT 0 or 1PP LIST

Things I like eating that are 0pp

Fruits
Vegs
Jelly !!!
sugar free fruit squash
diet fizzy drinks
tinned fruit (great for us lazy people)

Things with 1pp

rich tea biscuit, garibaldi or malted tea biscuit
2 brazil nuts
1 slice of low fat cheese
1 cream cracker
1 pot of low fat fruit fromage frais
1 slice of calorie controlled bread
1 heaped spoon of jam
1 merague nest
10 olives in brine
3 crabsticks
1 rye crisp bread
50g low fat soft cheese
30g wafer thin ham/turkey/chicken

making your favorite take-aways your self part 1 TACO CHIPS

Recipe for homemade taco chips

you'll need:

Bag of Quorn mince (100g= 2pp)
bag of low-fat oven chips (100g=4pp)
packet of chilli herbs
rose-mary seafood sauce (2 tbsp=4pp)
low fat cheddar cheese (40g=3pp)

Serves 2-4

per person measure 100g of Quorn mince
and 100g of low fat oven chips
cut the vegetables up and fry them in low fat spray (4 sprays)
add Quorn mince and chilli herbs

Meanwhile bake chips in oven as instructed

Grate 40gr of low-fat chedder cheese (Low-Low) per person

When Quorn and chips are done add chips to bowl, pour portion of Quorn over the chips and top with two tablespoons of seafood sauce (mary-rose) and 40g of cheese

Eat with big salad

Enjoy!! 13 pp per portion :D

littlemisspiggy said:
Recipe for homemade taco chips

you'll need:

Bag of Quorn mince (100g= 2pp)
bag of low-fat oven chips (100g=4pp)
packet of chilli herbs
rose-mary seafood sauce (2 tbsp=4pp)
low fat cheddar cheese (40g=3pp)

Serves 2-4

per person measure 100g of Quorn mince
and 100g of low fat oven chips
cut the vegetables up and fry them in low fat spray (4 sprays)
add Quorn mince and chilli herbs

Meanwhile bake chips in oven as instructed

Grate 40gr of low-fat chedder cheese (Low-Low) per person

When Quorn and chips are done add chips to bowl, pour portion of Quorn over the chips and top with two tablespoons of seafood sauce (mary-rose) and 40g of cheese

Eat with big salad

Enjoy!! 13 pp per portion :D

Yum sounds really good :) love the 0/1 pp list I was wondering how much it was for thin meats lol

hope you are doing good and having a great sunday :)

Hello everyone :D

Had a great sunday, my wife and I walked 2km today :D feeling great!! I'm gonna try do 5km by the end of october :) Our park has a path that is exactly 1km so 5x around park = 5km and loadsa calories burned

Im really nervous about weigh-in tuesday, not sure if we have enough money cuz we have to pay rent tuesday :eek: Just feeling bit bloated might be PMS tho... fingers crossed i didnt put on weight :(

Also big hello to angelicafuzz! welcome welcome! good luck on your journey and WOW on your weightloss so far!!!! :eek: :D

x x x x

making your favorite take-aways your self part 2 PIZZA

So, pizza! yum

Here is how to do it yourself

Serves 2

250g self-raising flour
1 1/2 tbsp of olive oil
about a cup of warm water

all your favorite veggies
80 grams of lowlow cheese grated
1 tin of tomatoes (diced) or tomato puree

Mix flour with olive oil
make sure water is quite warm and add half the cup
mix with hands (if you need more water add it slowly till dough is kneadable in a ball and not sticky)

Flour a pyrex dish or round pie dish
put dough in and flatten out till smooth layer of dough in dish
put tiny bit of flour over the dough and put in preheated oven 200 C for 10 minutes while you chop your veggies

Put little saucepan on heat
add tomatoes
add loadsa garlic YUM and other herbs you like
put in little flour to make thicker

chop your veggies

After ten minutes take out pizza base
spread tomato sauce over base
use half cheese on it
put veggies on it
put rest of cheese on it

bake for 20 minutes and serve with lovely salad

Ideal for sharing with your OH :) perfect weekend treat food

20pp per person! which is good considering its an actual pizza :)

Hope you'll enjoy! :candledinner:

Hello everyone :D

Had a great sunday, my wife and I walked 2km today :D feeling great!! I'm gonna try do 5km by the end of october :) Our park has a path that is exactly 1km so 5x around park = 5km and loadsa calories burned

Im really nervous about weigh-in tuesday, not sure if we have enough money cuz we have to pay rent tuesday :eek: Just feeling bit bloated might be PMS tho... fingers crossed i didnt put on weight :(

Also big hello to angelicafuzz! welcome welcome! good luck on your journey and WOW on your weightloss so far!!!! :eek: :D

x x x x

hey there lady!.. dont be nervous!!! im sure you did great.. i was way nervous before mine, i could barely sleep, and i was way surprised i lost. but Youre so motivated, and youre doing everything right so im sure youll do fine.. and if you are the same/a bit more.. dont forget that your body is building a layer of muscle when you first start really exercising. ive been exercising for a month, and im just now really getting the results, but i feel stronger and i have more stamina.. so go off of how you feel, just as much if not more than what that little demon of a scale has to say lol.
i really do hope that you are able to go to your meeting.. i know that you really enjoy them :cry:. but i know that if you cant you wont let that stop you from doing your very best this week!
we are parteners in this!! a team.. oooraaah!! lol YES WE CAN!

so that pizza recipe..... lol yeah i read it right as i was eating a slice of the bad stuff lol.. i was like nOOOOOO!! :p yea i thought i should have a treat yesterday, i cant deny myself or im just gonna want it that much more lol. ooo and im should be getting some yeast tomorrow to make some bagels! very excited.:D i have quite a bit of copying to do of you recipes lol.
O i hyperlinked youre diary to a few people earlier cause they were saying they find it hard to think of meals and i said you were awesome with youre sensible recipes :) hope you dont mind buddy lol.

sry you arent feeling well either :( i hope you are feeling a bit better today... by a bit of course i mean all the way better lol chat to you soon

Good luck for weigh in tomorrow :)..don't be nervous, you'll be okay :)..if you need to pay to weigh...could you go along to your nurse at your local surgery and asked to be weighed there?

i weigh myself at home, but my nurse also weighs me next day..keeps me focused and on track...and costs nothing!..you could also pop into your class and be weighed there also, say twice a month?...though different scales do give different results..my nurse's scales always make me lighter than my own!!! hee hee

Good luck :)

Back