Littlest Cupcake. Low GL living.

Hi cupcake your doing well and in such hard times!!
Just proves your strength as a person
All the best
Lauren x

laurenista said:
Hi cupcake your doing well and in such hard times!!
Just proves your strength as a person
All the best
Lauren x

Thanks Lauren! Appreciate the support.

Still away in London for jubilee..back on tuesday so will update you all then ;) (and get right back on gl wagon!)

Xxx

Hope you enjoy the celebrations. It looks like its being a fantastic celebration. A once in several lifetimes opportunity, so enjoy it.

The jubilee celebrations look fab! Hope your enjoying yourself!

Lauren xx

Food sounds and looks great Cupcake! I think you're doing wonderfully! I also love the pictures of the food you're posting!

hello all!

I am still around! Have been lurking this last week. when i got back from london i hadnt done a food shop or anything, and my mum was moving out last weekend - so lets just say last week was a write off. completely i didnt go too bananas with what i ate, but i just ate out a lot...so it was disorganised eating to say the least.

but happy to report i am back on track this week and reining in my naughty side once more!! been trying my bestest to exercise slightly more as well...crazy how much a couple of weeks off can affect stamina!

Monday:
b:cambridge porridge with banana.
s:apple
l: shredded wheat and skimmed milk
s: oatcake with beetroot and light cream cheesd
d: veggie sausage and bean casserole with wholemeal pitta

ForumRunner_20120612_215119.jpg

exercise: managed half hour at the gym...was exhausted!!!

Tuesday:
b: linseed and soy toast x2 and two boiled eggs
s: apple, cherries, strawberries
l: trout on rye bread with homemade pumpkin seed pesto.
s: boiled egg
d: salmon fillet on sesame quinoa with carrot, cashew, spring onion and petit pois.

IMG_20120612_211334.jpg

exercise: 30 mins treadmill, 15 min run.

and just for fun here are some pics of my recent escapades and very naughty eating.

IMG_20120612_211334.jpg

ForumRunner_20120612_215621.jpg

IMG_20120604_124851.jpg

ForumRunner_20120612_215703.jpg

IMG_20120602_193855.jpg

IMG_20120602_175935.jpg

ForumRunner_20120612_215805.jpg

IMG_20120602_153148.jpg

ForumRunner_20120612_215844.jpg

ForumRunner_20120612_215903.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120612_215607.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120612_215607.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 52
is it just me, or does this whole forum/site get quieter during summer? in January it was heaving with people...now all my subscribed threads are much quieter.

anywaysies. today was a good day.

b: shredded wheat and berry selection w/ skimmed milk
s: apple and cinnamon flapjack
l: trout on rye again, with a boiled egg for extra pre gym protein
s: mini babybel light
d: salmon and quinoa again
d number 2: was famished after gym!! very small cup of shredded wheat and skimmed milk.

exercise: half an hour on crosstrainer level ten, then i ran 5k in 30 mins. it seemed a good idea at the time...but i am paying for it now. shattered.com!!

night all, hope you are all doing well xxx

lunch:

ForumRunner_20120613_234132.jpg

breakfast:

ForumRunner_20120613_234158.jpg

this might be a silly point to make, but today I realised it has been SEVEN months since I last had fast food. before christmas me and the boyfriend would order at least one pizza every weekend, take regular trips to mcdonalds etc..and I cannot believe it has been seven months...and I havent even missed it.

before I did Cambridge, and ultimately Low GL, I would have told you where to go if youd said I could go seven months without fast food, now its the last thing on my list of wants and foodie desires! granted, I still love to bake and cakes arent good for you, but they are probably my only true vice these days, Ive even cut out alcohol pretty much all together.

anyway, what I am trying to say is that realisation is a small non scale victory for me, and since Ive been doing low gl - for the first time EVER - i am not worried about the scales. I am more concerned with how I FEEL, whether i feel happy, healthy, and if I feel comfortable in my own skin.

I will always suffer from disordered eating and thoughts, anyone who has had an eating disorder will always be in recovery - just like an alcoholic, unfortunately for us, you dont have to drink to survive...you do have to eat, so for many they have to face their battle daily. but, with a lifestyle change I feel I am finally getting to a positive space of self appreciation...and if I can do this, everyone can. So for anyone out there reading this and feeling helpless....you are not alone, and you are capable of making long term healthy changes beyond fad diets and weight loss, changes which focus on you being the happiest you that you can be. xxxx

Meals look lovely. Wow, 7 months without fast food is a major achievement! Il be back on ur diary when I begin refeeding although technically, I haven't even begun my new vlcd yet! Lol, so it'll be a while yet!

Inspiring words cupcake!!
That is my new outlook on things I am not weighing myself! I am going on my personal feelings because it's about my feeling healthy and happy not trying to be the perfect BMI :)

Food looks delicious i can't wait to get back into gl properly after this last week I'm feeling very unhealthy

Lauren x

Cupcake, you are doing so well!!! You are so positive. I soooo agree about fast foods and alcohol. Both also featured heavily in my life but GL has changed all that. Occasionally I may have some fast food in certain situations but I never relish it in the way I used to. I now crave the fresher tastes of wholesome good foods.
Well done on getting back on track so quickly after your trip. I love the idea of posting pics!!!
Yes, the forum gets quieter in the summer. This section can get very quiet at times. It's great at the moment that so many are posting.

thanks all for very kind words.

yesterday was a good day, busy at work so no time for snacking between.

today ive been baking for my dad and you know how it goes with baking you kind.of taste as you go along, cue huge sugar headache! however, doing all the baking usually means i never fancy eating the actual cake haha. one plus side i guess! anyway, happy fathers day to my dad....for sunday...but bakes for him to enjoy over this rainy weekend (taking him for sunday lunch too as he has had a rough few months with the seperation)

courgette,cinnamon and walnut cake

ForumRunner_20120615_145339.jpg

marshmallow, peanut butter and butterscotch bars

ForumRunner_20120615_145431.jpg

Ah aren't you being a Sweetie to your Dad over the weekend! What a kind daughter he has. I hope you have a lovely weekend together.

Great weekend gyda fy nghad (with my dad in welsh!)

Cakes were lovely...too sugary for me though. We had a lovely sunday dinner out at a local pub too.

Anywaysies. Very poor moneywise this week so have been using up all my freezer food. Lots of veggie sausages and fish fingers! Not the best...but making sure to have them with whole grains etc.

My skin is sooo bad recently and i dont know why :( i think it could be sugar related. Meh actually my skin nails and hair are all rubbish at the mo....quite depressing really. Any tips for brittle hair and nails anyone? I think water is a big part of the problem.

Some piccies...

cutsie outfit I boughtin Warehouse Sale today.
ForumRunner_20120619_211016.jpg

Just a few of the bath treats i picked up in Asda for 50p!!!!! I cant eat sugar...but i sure can smell sweet!!
ForumRunner_20120619_211141.jpg

Seafood platter at the pub on sunday! Between 4 may I add!!
ForumRunner_20120619_211258.jpg

Me and my dad and bro on Sunday!
IMG_20120617_1627471.jpg

Looking good Littlestcupcake! You're doing great! Keep up the good work !

hello all. how are we??

All doing well I hope. I am good, ready for a good low gl week this week. had a twenty pound voucher from tesco so got a good food shop done.

couple of events happening this week though - so any advice welcome. number one, dinner with friends on weds night - shouldnt be too hard just wise menu choices. Curry night with the oh on thursday....now...we are going to our FAVE indian..we havent been since i started cambridge in jan. any advice for low GL indian food? Saturday I am off to london (again!) for my mums birthday. taking her to a concert in royal albert hall so a real celebration. think this day should be ok - will have breakfast before leaving, take a low gl lunch on train or just some snacks (babybel/hummus and oatcakes/boiled eggs) and then have a nice meal in the night. the sunday may be trickier as it is breakfast at hotel, lunch out, train home at five. might stock up on fruit at paddington.

anyway food for today:

b: homemade muesli w/ blueberries and skimmed milk
s: apple and boiled egg
l: wholemeal bread, hummus and babybel
d: salmon fillet with homemade pepper and feta pesto, rocket, roasted tomatoes, and four new potatoes.

Hotel breakfast should be easy, there are usually plenty of low GI/GL options (not always low fat, but given a choice I'd rather eat fat than junky white carbs).

At Indian restaurants if I'm being saintly I'll get something like a tikka skewer as a starter, then a curry in a tomato-based sauce (meat, prawn or paneer). For sides I'll go for a lentil dhal or a chickpea dish plus a veggie curry (but I don't eat any bits of potato if they're there) and either grab a small scoop of someone else's rice or part of a wholemeal chapati. If feeling slightly less saintly then I'll have my own chapati and maybe something in a coconut-based sauce, if feeling really naughty then I have whatever I fancy but try to keep my portion size small. Beer, poppadoms, naan, large portions of rice, and anything fried like samosas, bhajis etc will not be GI/GL friendly! :)

Sounds like a fun week, enjoy yourself. :)

Plumfoodie said:
Hotel breakfast should be easy, there are usually plenty of low GI/GL options (not always low fat, but given a choice I'd rather eat fat than junky white carbs).

At Indian restaurants if I'm being saintly I'll get something like a tikka skewer as a starter, then a curry in a tomato-based sauce (meat, prawn or paneer). For sides I'll go for a lentil dhal or a chickpea dish plus a veggie curry (but I don't eat any bits of potato if they're there) and either grab a small scoop of someone else's rice or part of a wholemeal chapati. If feeling slightly less saintly then I'll have my own chapati and maybe something in a coconut-based sauce, if feeling really naughty then I have whatever I fancy but try to keep my portion size small. Beer, poppadoms, naan, large portions of rice, and anything fried like samosas, bhajis etc will not be GI/GL friendly! :)

Sounds like a fun week, enjoy yourself. :)

thank you for the brill advice! I was thinking along those lines. i usually skip starter all together or share a tikka salad. for main I always get some form of 'brown' sauce rather than coconut, like a chicken and mushroom curry with garlic. whats even better is chicken shish which is dry tandoori chicken with a side massala sauce so you can dictate how much sauce you have, and it comes with roasted onion, tomato and pepper - its really filling too so I wouldnt really miss rice or chapati. :) my fave though is biriyani which is too ricey :( booohoooo!!!

i wouldnt say ive got it sussed..ive has to go to bed at six pm to stop me eating ice cream hahaha.

its what I had to do all the way through cambridge...bed early.. read a book lol.

Back