Liz's CD Diet to Goal

Am sat here worried sick and not sure what to do. BF stayed at a friend's last night in his home town - about 1.5 hrs away. Whenever one of us stays out we always text before bed to say 'night, love you etc', but didn't hear from him last night.

He had phoned to say he was there okay and that's the last I've heard from him. He would always text or call in the morning as well to say he was up and would home at such and such a time, but I've heard nothing.

I left it until about half an hour ago and called his mobile, but it goes straight to voicemail. I've sent a text telling him I'm worried. I wondered if he'd run out of battery, but he would still know that I'd be worried and would use someone elses phone to call me at home.

He also always gets home by around 11. Plus it's Easter, so he'd be more eager to get home so that we can spend the day together.

I'm worried sick, don't have any numbers for the friends that he's with. If his phone has died and he hasn't bothered calling me (knowing how much I worry) I'll be absolutely livid. I just hope nothing has happened. I'm a complete worrier anyway, but this week I've been particularly fragile with starting CD again and us having had a bad weekend together last weekend.

I've just taken a tranquilizer I'm so frantic. Am I being silly? It's so out of character for him.

Hope all is OK Liz, there could be a good explanation so try not to panic... I'm sure all will be cleared up soon. Easter hugs.

xxx

I called his Sister to see if she knew any of his friend's numbers and sent a message to his other Sister asking if she did. Also messaged his friend (whose house he was at).

We were all frantically trying to find numbers of his friend's on facebook and then he walked in...to me crying my eyes out. Cue major disagreement. Very relieved but livid. His phone had died, as suspected and he had thought about using a friend's phone, but hadn't. Had also thought about calling from a phone box, but didn't. Just glad that he is okay.

Never been so scared in my life. Was convinced the police would be round to tell me there had been an accident. Thanks for replies x

Hey Liz, Glad to hear BF is safe and well, damn phones! Hope you can enjoy the rest of the easter weekend together!
Have a great week
x

Been having a bit of chicken for the last few days. Easter was hard and having had something it makes it hard to get back into.
So I'm not saying I'm focused yet. Going to take it one day at a time. Had my 3 shakes today. If it gets overwhelming I'll have another.

hey hun,

hope you got through yesterday ok!

Have a fab day

x

Thanks Lelly. Average yesterday! Had about 10 prawns and some haddock and then a bit of peanut butter. So all protein, but still would like to stop.

Today have been 100% so far.

Well, what a busy day I've had today. We've been sorting out the garden and the spare rooms in the house, trying to make it look a little nicer for viewings.

Feedback so far from people viewing is that the bedrooms are too small, so we've decided to house doctor and set them up as proper rooms. One as a bedroom and one as the office. I put my back out a little, but BF gave me a nice massage and that's sorted it.

First thing in the morning we went to a garden centre place, which is a local company that produces flowers and plants for places like M&S and has a kind of staff shop. Bought 6 tomato plants, with 2 hanging baskets for them. Bought 11 different herbs with 3 long planters. 2 Bay trees, 2 large baskets with various shrubs and flowers in them. Also some cat mint for the cats, which they've been going crazy for.

BF mowed the lawn and we cleaned the decking and the table and chairs. Looks really nice, but still needs weeding and borders neatening.

Also just bought a Weber BBQ and cover. Managed to get both for around £60 which is a huge bargain, so very pleased. Not eating, but can't wait for it to arrive! BBQ's are nice and low carb, so when I am off CD we can have a lovely BBQ :)

Just watching Harry Potter now!

Have come up to bed early with my laptop - before I end up eating the dog or one of the cats :eek:

100% today on SS+ because did lots of activity - moving furniture and gardening.

Tummy is making horrendous noises - screaming at me to give in. Head is telling it to shut up. Can't drink anymore water - my wees are lasting about a minute or so each time round as it is! :eek:

Got another busy day planned tomorrow. Going to carry on moving furniture around and also need to go out and buy a single bed and some bedding. Be nice when everything is sorted in the house and garden. At least it's taking my mind off food and work.

Sounds good... the sun helps, too, doesn't it! Have a great weekend.

xxx

Thanks Katy. Not been all that sunny here today sadly. Not horrible, just nowhere near as nice as yesterday. We got lots done again - have bought and picked up 2 second hand single beds and have made our 2 smallest rooms look like proper bedrooms.

That should stop the 'ooh, do you think a bed will fit in here?' when you can actually get a bed, wardrode, chest of drawers and bed side table and it doesn't look remotely cramped...still, must account for people who lack imagination. One bed was £30 and nearly new and the other £35 - bargains!

So it looks really nice. We still have a few bits and pieces to do, but I guess we can do those a bit at a time - this weekend has been crazy with jobs. BF is now watching footie and I am sitting down, as my back is killing. Then after we'll walk the dog, get ready for bed and sit down in front of the telly to chill.

Might persuade BF to give me a massage to help my back. I gave him one this morning - we're falling apart and we're only early 30's (him earlier than me ;) )

Just had third shake, but I've decided to have a fourth whenever I feel like it. I feel I've finally got past Easter. It was a killer for me for some reason. I felt all good about starting CD just before Easter, thinking 'I won't put my life on hold because of a food occasion and I've done this before so I can do it again' That, to coin a phrase, went t*its up really because I have picked almost every day.

This weekend has been a new start and I am more confident in sticking to it, but having an extra shake if need be, but not bothering with the milk. Used to drinking coffee black anyway and like it. Plus will only have the extra shake if I've done more activity than normal I think.

I am hoping against hope that tomorrow morning I will be just under the 13 mark on my scales. Today I was 13 stone 1lb. WI tomorrow as well, but never too fussed about what the CD scales say as it's normally end of day and I like to go by my lowest weight! (who doesn't!!)

Hope everyone else is getting some sun and has enjoyed the weekend.

My, you've been busy, are you hoping to move far? Thankyou so much for posting on my thread, it's so helpful. Have a good rest of the weekend and hope your back is better soon. xx

Thanks hun. Back okay today after my massage - these are becoming a regular thing. Even when it's okay I'm going to have to start fabricating the pain!!!

Am working from home this afternoon so the dog isn't alone. I can take him in, but to be honest it is a bit of a pain. If he loved everyone I wouldn't worry, but he doesn't like men, so it's a hassle having to lock the door for fear of people walking in, or put him on his muzzle.

He likes me being at home :)

Got to write up an appraisal for someone - first one I've ever done myself without having the documentation given to me. So creating that from scratch. Thankfully she's fantastic, so it won't be hard. Then have new person starting on Monday, so have to write up a training and induction document for her and make sure we have all operating procedures written up.
Got PC arriving tomorrow between 8 and 6 - lovely, so have to be in work for then. Going to mean getting up when there's a 6 in the hour, which is not a nice prospect :(

Right, on with work so that I can then take out the dog that keeps harrassing me!

Ooh, forgot to say that I weighed myself this morning and am dead on 13 stone. So have lost 10lbs in 2 weeks, which isn't bad going considering from days 6-12 I picked every single day. All protein, but very high cal (like eating peanut butter from a jar lol! Although it was pure peanut butter without sugar or salt or any nasties)

Have been 100% for the last 3 days and feeling much more in control. Just have to keep telling myself to focus so that I can get through this asap and onto eating low G.I. for the rest of my life :)

That's a great loss and so encouraging, keep it up... I'm joining you on SS tomorrow, just for a short while, and looking forward to it...

xxx

Ahh found you! That's a fantastic loss, I'm really pleased for you and glad you seem to have found 'your' way.

I have some health issues that make me really wary about messing with my diet as much as CD (and some of the others) does but I can really see the attraction. CD followed by SB sounds a great way of taking it off and keeping it off.

Ooh Katy - be great to have you as company. We can then moan together lol!!

Thanks Whiskey. Yes, the only thing I struggled with was maintaining. Losing it was easy. Then I found SB and think it's a perfect way to maintain, but I'd managed to gain in the meantime!

Back