LJ's daily thread

3500 cals to *lose* weight? Doesn't sound right somehow!

As far as tea/coffee goes, I only really have a drop of skimmed milk, really just a tiny amount so I don't bother counting it. If I have a coffee out and about I have it black anyway.

IKWYM about seeing it yourself; 5 stone, people can't have failed to notice, but your own brain does tend to lag behind the loss, so people say and that was also my experience!

3500 cals to *lose* weight? Doesn't sound right somehow!

As far as tea/coffee goes, I only really have a drop of skimmed milk, really just a tiny amount so I don't bother counting it. If I have a coffee out and about I have it black anyway.

IKWYM about seeing it yourself; 5 stone, people can't have failed to notice, but your own brain does tend to lag behind the loss, so people say and that was also my experience!

Yeah I know what you mean. I worked out that a cup of tea for me is 17kc (50ml milk) and 15kc (per tsp sugar) so 47 altogether and i have maybe 3 a day. I can drink it with sweetener but i would rather have proper tea less often than one i dont enjoy just for the sake of drinking it :)

Everyone tells me i look thinner, i can see it in my face and a little round my waist but i think its mainly cos i have so much loose skin from pregnancies etc that until there is a big difference in that im not going to see it, ah well we will get there in the end, thanks for the reply tho xxx

Ah, I don't sweeten my tea, just coffee and then I use sweetener. It's funny, for years before starting the CD I drank diet drinks, skimmed milk and sweetener, despite all the other damage I did :D

Today's went like this:

Breakfast: scrambled egg with chilli flakes and W/W toast: 270
Lunch: pork and pasta, 380 calories
Dinner: home-made pumpkin soup, three rice cakes with philly on: ~440 (rough estimate!)
Snack: Go-ahead bars: ~160
Snack: rice cake with a scrape of Marmite: ~40?

1390 total, ran 1 mile also

Friday

Breakfast: special K and yogurt: 190
Snack: Marmite rice cakes: 117
Lunch: the last of the pumpkin soup with chillis (about half of last night's amount) plus some chicken breast and ryvita with philly: ~480

787 so far...

Had a chicken kebab for dinner; ~700 calories?

Having a Go-ahead with a cup of tea right now which takes me just over the 1600 for the day.

Yummy chicken kebab LJ! I like to have a treat on friday night, steak and oven chips last night for me yumma!
x

Heh sounds nice!

We vowed to keep the takeaways to one after pay day, partly to keep the costs down :D but partly so that we wouldn't be eating loads of takeaways! But events conspired against us yesterday so we had the chicken kebabs. Best choice for a takeaway though IMHO, it's only chicken, pitta, salad and chilli sauce :D

Wasn't online much at the weekend, but...

Saturday:

Breakfast: scrambled eggs, chilli flakes, W/W toast: ~270
Lunch: Ryvita with light Philly and chicken: 380
Dinner: Home-made butternut squash soup with mushrooms and crispy bacon bits: ~500
Snacks: Go-ahead bar 150, some sweets at the halloween party ~200 for those?

Sunday:

Breakfast: Special K and fat free yogurt: 190
Lunch: Roast beef, potato, green veg, splash of gravy: ~750 plus raspberries ~100
Dinner: Ryvita with cottage cheese and chicken ~350
Snacks: Go ahead bar: 150, Go ahead fruity bite thing: 85

To finish:

Snack: flapjacky type thing: 85

Dinner: Homemade butternut squash soup with mushrooms, ryvita with cottage cheese and ham: ~750

Feel bloody stuffed after that soup and crackers...

Breakfast: Special K and yogurt: 190
Lunch: weightwatchers chilli and rice: 380
Dinner: Roast chicken with veg and a dash of gravy: ~600 plus 100 cals of fruit
Snacks: Go ahead bar slices: 150, plus two Ryvita with Marmite: ~90?

Yesterday:

Breakfast: scrambled egg with chilli & WW toast: 190
Lunch: Ryvita with low fat soft cheese and chicken breast: 400
Dinner: Jacket potato with low fat bolognaise: 700
Snack: Go ahead slices: 150, yogurt bar: 85, apple: 60

Today so far:

Breakfast: Special K with yogurt: 190
Snack: Go ahead yogurty thing: 150
Lunch: Tagliatelle: 380
Snack: flapjacky bar thing: 85

You have to once in a while :D Actually, it was more to treat the kids, but when I looked at the calorie sheet I thought 'what the hell, I have the calories for today free' so just went for a sensible pizza. Fancied the mighty meaty though lol, the chicken tikka was yummy however :D

Yes, Dominos publish a nutritional information sheet but it's not always super-up-to-date with their special offers. A good start though and all their standard pizzas are on there. Pizza Hut do the same, some of the Dominos pizzas are lower calorie than Pizza Hut though, look at the Piri Piri and Chicken Tikka pizzas. Hint: they are made with sauce other than tomato... Thin crust is of course the way to go :D

http://www.dominos.uk.com/pdf/FoodGuide_NutritionPizzas.pdf
Nutritional Information - Pizza Hut

Ooh, and the exercise: going well, I'm really enjoying it. I've been doing 1.22 miles per session this week, and have got the time down by half a minute. The plan is to extend the route slightly each week until I can run 5km without dieing :D

Back