LJ's Journey

A bit of meal planning... my gorgeous OH is going to get the shopping in tomorrow while I am working a looong day!

Tomorrow EE
B: Cereal (HeB) and Yoghurt
L: leftover bacon and mushroom fritata and salad
D:beef curry (incl. mushrooms, spinach, onions and peppers) (4 syns) and rice with beetroot and salad

Wednesday (Green)
B: Fruit and Yoghurt
L: 2 sm warburtons (HeB), babybel (HeA), salad and bertolli (1 syn)
D: Jacket potato, beans, salad, cottage cheese, beetroot

Thursday (Red)
B: Yoghurt and 30g Fruit and Fibre (5 syns)
L: 3 sweet onion ryvita (HexB), cottage cheese, salad and ham

D: beef curry (incl. mushrooms, spinach, onions and peppers) (4 syns) and rice with beetroot and salad

My plan at the moment is to just plan 3 days at a time, and must include 1 red, 1 green and 1 extra easy. Its the only way I don't eat the same stuff all the time. Snacks will be mostly fruit and the odd cereal or cereal bar. I'm not very creative when it comes to snacks! Off to write a shopping list and hit the hay for tonight.

Hi just wanted to say i was feeling exactly the same as you a week ago. I've been doing SW since August last year, I'm the first one to admit theres been lapses where I have just been totally off plan but I have also spent large periods of time sticking 100% to plan and yet seem to see small losses. It does become soul destroying sometimes and this time last week i was ready to jack it all in. but when I really thought about it myself and had some wonderful advice off my minimins friends I realised that the 19lb I have lost will pile back on before i know it and more, I will be even more unhappy and be back no doubt to SW or similar in who knows 12 months time with even more to lose. You've done amazingly well and you are making small changes every day try not to get disheartened and remember why your doing it and how good you feel for each pound coming off. Also I was reminded that weight doesn't pile on over night and yet we expect it to come off over night it's hard to accept but it just doesn't happen that way. What we are doing is making lifestyle changes that will last forever and those we can sustain.

I have realised most important thing to do is keep smaller goals in mind which all add up and use the support on here everybody is so great and will help u stay focused and motivated even when your flagging.

Hope I haven't waffled too much and that's helped a little. I'll be dropping by to see how u doing x

Hi just wanted to say i was feeling exactly the same as you a week ago. I've been doing SW since August last year, I'm the first one to admit theres been lapses where I have just been totally off plan but I have also spent large periods of time sticking 100% to plan and yet seem to see small losses. It does become soul destroying sometimes and this time last week i was ready to jack it all in. but when I really thought about it myself and had some wonderful advice off my minimins friends I realised that the 19lb I have lost will pile back on before i know it and more, I will be even more unhappy and be back no doubt to SW or similar in who knows 12 months time with even more to lose. You've done amazingly well and you are making small changes every day try not to get disheartened and remember why your doing it and how good you feel for each pound coming off. Also I was reminded that weight doesn't pile on over night and yet we expect it to come off over night it's hard to accept but it just doesn't happen that way. What we are doing is making lifestyle changes that will last forever and those we can sustain.

I have realised most important thing to do is keep smaller goals in mind which all add up and use the support on here everybody is so great and will help u stay focused and motivated even when your flagging.

Hope I haven't waffled too much and that's helped a little. I'll be dropping by to see how u doing x

Jo, you have no idea how much I needed to read this. Thank you! I am definitely not giving up hope. You are very right, I think the trouble is I have been fighting for so long for my 1 stone (I'm 0.5lb away!) that I feel like I haven't reached any goals for ages. I'm so desperate for it this week...

My 30 day shred starts tomorrow, so watch this space... I might gain as my poor muscles won't know whats hit them, but I will measure myself too.

lisajade said:
Jo, you have no idea how much I needed to read this. Thank you! I am definitely not giving up hope. You are very right, I think the trouble is I have been fighting for so long for my 1 stone (I'm 0.5lb away!) that I feel like I haven't reached any goals for ages. I'm so desperate for it this week...

My 30 day shred starts tomorrow, so watch this space... I might gain as my poor muscles won't know whats hit them, but I will measure myself too.

I'm glad it helped a little bit hun others have helped me so much just glad I can have a go at helping others when they need it. I know what u mean about reaching goals my latest one was getting to my lowest weight since going yet and so cannot wait to get to my 1.5 stone! Induce everything crossed that u reach your stone this week I'm sure you will :)

Have you done the shred yet? I started it a whole ago only got to day 5 but am determined to complete it and am gunna give it another go before my holidays. Def measure yourself tho as the inches don't always show on the scales if u know what I mean!!

Oh and by the way the Xmas challenge is open now it's the tinsel challenge link is on my diary of u need it. X

Just a quick update for today...

4 sl warburtons (HEB+6 syns), Philly (2 syns), banana, yoghurt, beef curry with rice, spinach, mushrooms and onions (3 syns) = 11 syns

My boss has really done my head in today, work is so annoying at the moment.

On a positive... My friend is joining me at SW this Thursday, will be good to have someone to go with! I will definitely be pointing him to mini's :)

I have had a really crappy day at work!!! Grrr! Prepared badly today, but so far I have had...

B: fruit n fibre (hexb) and a yoghurt
L: couscous and roasted vegetable salad from marks (8 syns) and beetroot salad (free)

I took a big bag of grapes and some babybels with me, but just didn't want any at all. I only had the lunch at 3, just fancy junk to be honest. I am either gonna have leftover curry or a jacket with beans. Will have a big salad and beetroot too. I might have the jacket so today can be green, I quite fancy a fibre plus later on :)

Did you do the 30 day shred? Im thinking about giving it a go

gleessa said:
Did you do the 30 day shred? Im thinking about giving it a go

I'm meaning to and keep putting it off! Have u got the DVD? I did it once, it was very painful but no doubt it works.

I did it... I stayed on plan. WI tomorrow night, PLEASE LORD let me get my 1 stone award! I have just completed my 6th day of 100% :D

B: fruit n fibre (hexb) and a yoghurt
L: couscous and roasted vegetable salad from marks (8 syns) and beetroot salad (free)
D: jacket with beans, salad and a big blob of quark
S: fibre plus bar, milk allowance (hexa)

I'm sure you'll get it tomorrow :D
My friend has sent me a link to the first level which means I[d be able to buy the dvd after I get paid :) I need a few more days to recover from my being ill bnut maybe we could do it together (form a distance lol)

gleessa said:
I'm sure you'll get it tomorrow :D
My friend has sent me a link to the first level which means I[d be able to buy the dvd after I get paid :) I need a few more days to recover from my being ill bnut maybe we could do it together (form a distance lol)

Ooh that could be good... I just don't believe that I will stick to it! I might just need to think about it and psych myself up :)

I'm confused. I had WI tonight, I stayed the same I was expecting great things, but alas, not this week. I have lost some inches though, will it show in time, or is a completely separate thing? *confused*

Today's intake Extra easy

Babybel (4 syns) jacket potato, beans, side salad
Leftover curry and rice (incl. mushroom, spinach and onions)
2 choc Philly tubs - 9 syns (WI treat)
Fibre plus - HEB

Total = 13 syns

Need to snack more on fruit and veg, and up my water intake this week for sure.

I am considering having a treat meal this weekend, not anything I would have had in the old days, mind you! Maybe a hotdog or some fresh White bread with some deli meats and cheese. I think it will do me a bit of good to just take a mini-breather for 1 meal.

Ooh that could be good... I just don't believe that I will stick to it! I might just need to think about it and psych myself up :)
Well, I've ordered the dvd so I'm going to give it a try when I'm a little better. Dnt feel bad about your maintain - at least you haven't gained. I think your treat meal idea sounds good - if you deny yourself it now, you'll just want it more and more. The deli meats idea sound amazing!!

My c suggested trying success express for a week! I'm really not sure I can achieve it! Sounds sooooo hard! 2 thirds super-free and 1 third free food. Ouch!

I had a planned day off plan yesterday. I had white rolls with deli meats and cheese followed by a raspberry turnover. Was delish, and I think I just needed it. My body is clearly wanting to plateau at the moment and maybe it'll give my system a shock and get things moving again.

Food for yesterday (off plan):

L: wm tuna and sweetcorn sandwich
D White rolls with deli meat and cheese
S: raspberry turnover

Me and my OH have been talking about my plan for the next few weeks, and how to get the scales moving again. Truth is I don't think I can do a week of success express, it's just a bit too restrictive and I fear I will fall off the wagon. He has suggested that instead of alternating between red, green and extra easy every day I try alternating every 3 days so my body is having a more prolonged experience of each plan. Sounds logical to me, should also help with shopping and getting more used to the 3 plans.

So the plan for the next few weeks is...
1. Alternate plan every 3 days
2. Drink way more water
3. Watch portion sizes of free foods
4. More superfree snacking

Last edited:
Back