LL April Starters!

Thank you Asilasil and Helen, that has really made me more positive! I think I had a silly moment as I was cooking the kids dinner but now I feel fine and full of beans not sure if it was the peppermint tea (i think i'm allowed it) or the fact that i'm getting use to it!

Helen - I'm on the shakes as i'm don't think I can stomach the soups and they are really quite nice. I'm also having Cranberry bars which I think help as at least you can chew. I was suprised that I've lost 6 1b as I was told not to have any bars until my 3rd day but i thought its was either the bar or raid the fridge and I'm so glad that I had the bar now. The only other thing that i'm finding hard is that my husband keeps asking me to eat as he thinks its dangerous but to be honest i'm really not hungry so going to keep going and this forum has really inspired me.

Ang

Hi gang!
welcome to the new jioners on this thread :)
I am now coming to the end of day 5 and feel pretty darn GOOD! I had my awful day at court yesterday - which was my real challenge - despite a pretty horrendous morning I was strong and made some excuses as to why I couldn't go to lunch with my manager and barrister and went and sat in the car on my own with a toffee bar and a litre of water!! Gonna steer clear of the toffee bars tho in future as GOOD GRIEF did I have bad gas the rest of the afternoon!!!

Donna - glad you found us here :) definitely agree that you should try and cut back on carbs a little in preparation for starting the diet otherwise you are likely to experience the worse end of the carb-withdrawl.

Hi everyone - welcome newbies !

I've just returned from 2nights away in a caravan, 5 kids 3 adults lots of f..d & booze and I was great, stuck to the diet no problem & woke up without a hangover!!
We walked both days for about 7/8miles each day, taking a picnic ( I took a shake & water). I am really pleased & very excited about my 1st weigh in tomorrow !! :D

Thanks for the advice. I will cut down on those carbs and up my water intake. I had also bought some White tea and marigold boullion so will get round to actually trying it.

Donna

well done Kik, my caravan trip starts this friday and I will be in a similar situation. I used to love the food down there so gonna find that hard I think. Quite excited about tomorrow night. I hope its a good one. Its my TOTM so I'm hoping that won't effect things majorly. Does anyone know if it does.

Donna, buy a stick blender if you don't already have one. Its an essential. Wish someone had told me that before I started as its hard to blend the shakes in the shaker and I like mine hot so even harder lol!

hi all and welcome to the new starters

I've spent the whole afternoon/evening making and icing a huge batch of cupcakes (a practice run for my friends' wedding). Again I've not been tempted to eat any but I've caught myself a few times automatically tasting/testing - it's such an automatic thing! but I've managed it thankfully.

I'm trumping for Britain again today LOL, might have to start on the peppermint tea.

hey anghil, I'm another one here with a lively 18 month old so I have an idea of how testing it can be although I don't have other children. Stick with it and I reckon you can change your life

Really tired this morning as my little one had me up at 5 but stepped on the scales and have lost even more this morning hooray!!

Its my weigh in tomorrow so really excited, todate have lost 9 1b since starting on Thursday although this seems to alter by the evening not sure if its the amount of water that i'm drinking!

Going to a friends house today who is naturally skinny and eats like a horse and always has goodies in when we go so it is going to be a really testing day but determined not to cave in as I know that she will be saying go on a little wont hurt but I know it will so going to be strong - a moment on the lips is a lifetime on the hips hehe!!

Have a good day everyone.
x

Well done Great One - what a great loss! It must feel good:D
Anghil your doing well stay strong when you out!

I cant wait for tonight to get weighed I've resisted my scales - put them away - so its going to be a surprise - I only hope I do as well as everyone else.

I have decided to wait until Tuesday so I "start" Foundation with the new group. I'm on antibiotics and have the associated tummy problems...ok I may be making excuses, I accept that. I also have guests (my ex husband and family) here for Easter weekend, so it would be awkward (he's a chef!).

Glad to see some amazing losses already showing - this programme really really does work, keep the faith!

Good luck KayGill! Keep coming on the boards for support :)

Kik - can't wait to hear what you lost!

Loula xx

Hi !!! OMG cant belive it I lost 10lbs tonight I'm so pleased. I am so motivated & really up for this. Great One I had the cranberry bar tonight too & it was yum...
so excited :bliss::bliss::bliss:

How has everyone else got on?

Hi all april starters, I lost 12lb in my first week. Over the moon now and just want to fast forward to next wednesday. Well done Kik, great feeling ah?

Well done Helen - thats fab!! Yes it does feel great, roll on next week.

Well done everyone, and good luck to all the weighers-in, hope you're all motivted by your losses.

I'm in a hotel tonight, justt watched my husband scoff a chinese takeaway while I've had my soups.

Does anyone know if we're allowed 2 porridges in one day? I can make the soups in my hotel room but have no microwave for the porridge.

Hello everyone hope your all doing ok, i just had porridge and it was ok, im at work so i didnt get to blend it, does it work better when it is blened? My belly is telling me in either starving or full up but i cant put my finger on it i jus feel quite queasy, my minds telling me i cannot be full up on a little bowl of porridge but i didnt finish it so there must be a reason for that, oh i dunno.. oh how i hate how the mind works, anyway enough of the rambling and back to work for me. Hopefully im still in good spirits by tonight!!

Arghh i feel so stupid, im starving, i didnt like the thai soup and the fruit bar is the most revolting thing ive ever tasted what is that crap made out of ? Play Doh?

So far today i had porridge, this was good would of been better if i had a blender. Lunch was the soup which was just not very nice so i had a vanilla shake instead and drank half of it.. it was quite powdery. Got home and made a veggie burger which was actually quite nice but couldn't eat it all as it was sickly..

So here i am hungry and got a headache. Im not usually a fussy eater i just really wanna like the packs :sigh:

Am i gonna fail.. does the hunger go? Do the packs taste better with time lol?:confused:

I wana soldier through these next few days but i feel im gonna struggle.. to top it all of i come home to the smell of lamb in the slow cooker, im dyin here.

Hi Kaygill, do you mean the veggie soup not burger? I hope you do! I found the first day really hard as I didn't like the pacs either. I then got some great advice. GET A BLENDER! I got mine for a fiver in Tesco. A simple hand blender will do and a measuring jug. They taste so much better when this is used as beforehand I just tasted the powder. I didn't like any of the soups, in fact now I am totally on chocolate and vanilla shakes which I have warm. Really quite nice. Also, we were told no bars at all in the first week but I guess every LLC gives different advice. Stick with it, I felt so much better by the end of day two honest.

Sorry i did mean burger but i made it out of the vaggie pack. I tryed the bar in hope that it would ease my hunger even though i shouldnt have it untill saturday but no luck there, my mums all worried saying just have some lamb :mad: shes not helping, i think i'l be ok tomorrow, it is totm so im quite emotion anyway. Il have a drop in sat morning and do some swaps as there wasnt any strawberry packs or cranberry bars last night so maybe i will like them better.

I will stick to it because of how much i want to loose the weight but i just feel quite down at the minute. It'l get better i suppose... :rolleyes:

Back