LL April Starters!

Hi TheGreatOne, I'm on my seond week and the bars I took to try are:

Crispy cranberry and raspberry
Lemon
Peanut crunch

I can't remember what else there is apart from Chocolate Raisin crunch and perhaps toffee?

Has anyone else been suffering from wind? Mine has reach comedy proportions LOL I'm going to have to ask if I can take some Windeze or similar to help dissipate it before my rumbling keeps the whole city awake!

Hey Snorks, no wind yet but my tummy is rummbling.......... How are the bars I cant wait to try thrm. I went to the movies last night with the kids and I was so good I amazed myself, took my water and watched them all enjoy their P&M !! It would have been good to have a bar with me.
Helen well done on your loss - so motivating! I'm startting to look at clothes in mags, sjops now as well, thinking "I'll soon be able to but that":D
Still got really sore head today, I am drinking lots of water - any one else suffering?

The bars are ok I guess, but I do find them very sweet. The lemon one is just weird, it's like orange coloured playdough covered in a thin layer of white 'chocolate'. I quite like the nut ones, and the raspberry/cranberry ones are ok too. I've had a bite of the chocolate one and it's alright too.

Well done on being strong at the cinema!

I've had a friend visiting for a couple of days and I've been cooking for everyone else but not me - curries, soups, cakes etc but I've been very good and not succumbed. It's amazing how many times I've had to stop myelf automatically tasting food while cooking it.

I'm still strugling with water and am certainly not managing much more than 2L a day. I'm not doing too bad with headaches though. Hope yours end soon

Hi Snorks and Kik, I tried the bars at my first meet (before I started my packs) and didn't think much of them really. Tasted very artificial. I am just sticking to my hot chocolate shakes. I quite enjoy them now!

Its weird to think i've not eaten food for four days. Would never have thought it possible or that I could even survive on less than 500 cals per day.

I just want the next few months to fly by really. It is hard going, i'm not so hungry as I was now but its the smell of food cooking I find really hard to deal with.

Ahhh I don’t know but this is some weird day for me (in a good way :d)

It’s after 6 and I have been at work all day, I have had like 1 and a half litre of water during the day and ONLY 1 milkshake! And that was first thing in the morning while driving to work and during my lunch break I made a cup of black tea...and right now I don’t even feel hungry?!?!..but I am going to get a shake ready and perhaps go for a little bike ride with my friend! :D Let me know how your lots days are going.. I am actually finding this VERY easy! I hope you guys are 2 x

yes me too GreatOne. I don't have physical hunger now but def still lots of emotional hunger. Mainly from seeing food being eaten all around me. Surprised though that I am so relaxed about it. I even broken up an easter egg for my son after his dinner and didn't have any. Amazing as this is my all time weakness. I just want it to continue like this but can't get my head around not eating for at least another 96 days! But I can and will do this! Well done you x

I agree, its weird not really being hungry & we have not eaten for 4/5 days! I was at my mum & dads today for sunday dinner - I cooked, served & sat at the table and had my soup! Mum was so proud of me it made it all worth while - when they had pud I went & did the dishes LOL!
Headache seems to be wearing off a bit - fingers crossed I can cope with this much better without a headache. Great One make sure you eat all your packs I think its important for the nutrition? Well done on coping so well.
Helen good for you handling an easter egg & not touching.
Snorks I agree, when Im making the kids dinner I have to stop myself from automatically taking a bite or two..

Helloooo April Starters

Just to reassure you than any side effects (head aches, wind etc) will pass (excuse the pun) and you'll feel fantastic and not hungry once you're in ketosis. It took me a couple of weeks to work out how to handle Fridays & Weekends, but I knew that was emotional hunger/habit rather than anything 'real'.

The GreatOne - there are a few men on here, but we're definitely in the minority, and there's rarely more than one guy stat in any month from what I can see.

I've had to weigh in 2 days early as I can't make the meeting on Wednesday night, and in 5 days I've lost another....6lbs! So that's 17lbs in less that 2 weeks, I'm gobsmacked!

So I've got 9 days until my next weigh-in, I'll be intersted to see how I've done then.

Hope everyone's feeling good!

Brilliant...Well done Snorks!

x

well done snorks! Isn't it 18lb not 17lb that you've lost as your ticker says 12 in week one. Even better. Hope I do as well. I have first weigh in on weds x

Ah Hellybelly, I realised this afternoon that it's only 11 last week, I forgot that you never say 'I weigh 10 stone 14', it goes 10st 13, then 11 stone! (I'm dreaming of course when I use those particular numbers in my example! LOL)

I'll change it now...

Hello all! Hoping you'll let me join you on your journey? This may sound strange, but I finished Foundation yesterday (I was a Jan starter) but tbh I was lapsing on and off for the last few weeks and the last week was a complete emotional disaster. I didn't want to move into Developers while I still haven't got to grips with my demons so my LLC has allowed me to join the new Foundation group which would be starting on Monday were it not for Easter. So I have a pop in on Saturday, will meet my new group on 20th (their Wk 2) but obviously I'm starting back on packs today.
Just to assure you that LL does work, and it does get easier physically (and for most people mentally/emotionally) - my thinking/emotions were the problem, but I'm going to work on it. I'm 3 stones lighter than I was at the beginning of the year, and I'll be another 3 stones lighter by the summer hols!

Sharon x

Hey peeps!

Just woke up about half an hour ago (real lazy!! :p) just having my first shake got my first weight in today and i know iv lost something but i dont know what yet lol..can't wait to go tonight and get myself weighed in!!

Went on a 1 hour bike ride yesterday (my arse is sour today!) and then went to the gym did some light weights on my arms so my arms are really tensed up today decided today going to be relax day feet up and watch the footie tonite! :D

i'll be back later to share my result tonight :D

tara x

Help

Not sure how this forum works or even if this email is going to be read but I started Lighterlife on Friday and this is my 5th day and I feel so tired and want to give up!

It makes it worse that its the school hols and the kids are off scoofing their faces and I also have a lively 18 month old to run around after, please could so one give me some advise as I think I might crumble by tonight although I have lost 61b in five days which i'm so pleased about.:cry:

Hi Anghill and welcome! You've come to the right place. I only joined this website less than two weeks ago and its been an amazing support even in that short time. I started LL last thursday so am only a day ahead of you. It is hard going and I agree that having the kids at home is especially hard. I also have a baby (6 months) and a toddler (just two) so know where you are coming from but it does get easier i've been told, and its already easier now than it was at the start of the week. It is also TOTM (time of the month) so not feeling my best either.

Don't give up yet, someone on here told me that just think of tomorrow as another day and just get through today. Remember how great you will feel on thurs night when you get weighed! Have you done some pics of yourself yet? I did and they are amazing motivation. Especially the one of my big behind!

How have you found the food packs?

Hi Anghill and welcome to the site. Im sorry that you are feeling like crumbling at the moment. I too have felt vulnerable during the 4 weeks that I have been on LL but there are many things that have kept me going.
1: reading this site every few hours and looking at the the motivation slide show.
2: Realising that if I break this diet I will have no choice but to remain fat, unheathly and miserable forever. This really is my one last chance.
3: Realising how empowering it is to fight my obsession with food and waking the next morning feel refreshed and back in control again.
4: Seeing the results of my strong will power.

No one can make you stick to this diet hun but you. You are more than capable of doing this. We are all here for you every step of the way.
Good luck hun.
xx

Yeah finally got my start date

I start next Tuesday, hooray! I have been waiting for a month now and it seems like forever. Glad I can now think of this being the last week of the old me.

Any tips for what I should be doing the week before starting?

Donna

Hi Donna....one tip I will suggest is to not OD on carbs this week. I did and my carb withdrawal was not nice. I have heard its a bit easier if you dont do that.
Good luck Donna Im really excited for you.
xx

Back