LL April Starters!

Just got back from Tesco and have treated myself to a pair of Tesco Value jeans in a size 14!! Only £3 and I figured it would be something to work towards, after Kik's suggestion above :)

I do love this forum, just been nosing around all the old posts for hours it seems and reading other people's journey's is so uplifting.

So i got through day 2, had banana milkshake for breakfast, chicken soup for lunch and porridge for dinner then hot chocolate before i came up to bed.. i enjoyed all the packs today so im much happier. One thing though.. its 3.45am and im wide awake? Meant to have a pop in tomorrow at 9.30 im gonna be knackered but need to change some packs. Oh and iv got and had a bangin headache all day and no painkillers will get rid of it but apart from that im feelin good and positive, roll on tomorrow and the next 97days :D

I agree with Lucylastic - I had headaches for day 2/3 but none since then:)

I sleep really well through th enight but seem to wake up earlier than usual and bright & awake - no carb hangover in the morning, its a nice feeling:D

Tried the toffee bar last night with a cup of tea - it was good.....

Kik - did you experience any 'gassy' side effects from the toffee bar? I tried one and my belly sounded like a washing machine for the next 12 hours - was quite painful at times! I'm just gonna stick with the cranberry bars!

Kaygill - the headaches will pass - just carb and caffeine withdrawl. I'm on day 9 now and have felt really good since about day 4/5. It really is worth persevering!

Loula x x x

Hey Loula, now I come to think of it there was a slight side effect - nothing major though :eek: I think cranberry are my favourite, then peanut. Its lovely to have one at night when kids are in bed with a wee cuppa !!

Agree with you Kik - it's nice to have something to chew! The cranberry bars seem quite 'big' - I felt kind of stuffed after eating half of one the other day so had the other half later as a 'snack' :)

Thats fab KayGilx !! well done - its great motivation to get you through the week:D

Hi All,

I have just been spending the last few hours reading everyone's story so far..... and I am totally inspired by you all. Well done and keep going!

I have just had my first meeting with the LLC and now have to arrange a medical ok before I can go any further. I cant wait, could this be the answer to my dreams? Could I possibly lose lots of weight? It seems to work for everyone on here, could it work for me too?
I am so excited to give it a go and can't wait to get started.

Good luck everyone and I will keep you posted on how it goes with me.

Toni xx

Hey trhoney best of luck with your diet!!

I'm on day 12 (I think)...its become very normal now to drink water and this diet...

Yesterday was a hard day, went to see a friend and he put burgers and chips in front of me :| was sooo hard to say no but i managed :D (Thank god!:D)..and when i came home the family decided to get a take away...I just hid in my room with my lovely chocolate milkshake..I don't like the Vanilla shake no more either!! its strange how tastes just change, i love the cranberry and peanut bars going to try lemon tomarrow..does anyone know how many bars we can have in the day?

Regards...

P.S Great to see you guys first week results!! BRING EM ON!!

Well done girls, you're all doing fab! It's an easy routine once you're into it after all. The time will fly by while the weight flies off.

The carbo heads will pass. Loula, you don't have to go caffeine free too. If it wasn't for the caffeine, I'd of probably done something illegal by now!!!!!

TGO, one bar a day. They are the highest in carbs and calories and will put you too much out if you have more than one. We've discussed on here about the porridge too and have come to the conclusion that one a day is probably better with that for similar reasons.

I'm An April Starter too...

Hi Lou,
just thought i' say hi I'm an April starter too now on day 2 and am excited about hopefully losing lots of weight! :D

Hey N2LW - welcome to the April thread :) hope you're doing well.

I feel like I'm literally flying with this diet now! My parents came down today and took me and my 2-y-o daughter out for lunch to my FAVEOURITE italian restaurant and I sat there quite happy with my water watching them shovel the food in. Of course, there was a bit of me that thought "one taste won't hurt" but I thought back to what we learned in group about chatterboxes and child ego and found myself able to say no. Probably for the first time ever! Mum and Dad are supportive of my diet - only told them today when at the restaurant, but they just want me to be healthy.

I guess there was a part of me that thought by telling them, I really can't give up! I've told them I'm gonna lose 3 stone at least and if I quit and stayed fat I'd never hear the end of it!!!

Loula xx

Hi N2LW & welcome - good luck on your journey, its great here sor support.
Loula well done you! Im going out next sat with friends for dinner & wasnt sure how I would cope at the table - did you take a bar?

Hey Kik, I didn't take a bar with me - had a shake just before I went and drank lots of water while I was there. I thought it would be tough but all I could keep thinking was how determined I am to succeed this time, and one nibble would jeopordise that! I took a kid to McD's last week (for work) and watched him chomp thru a great big meal - usually I would have had one too but again I just didn't really fancy it! Might be an idea to take a bar with you to have if you really need to 'chew' something whilst out. xx

Hiya

I remember what it was like deciding to go out to a restaurant with the family for the first time. Now I am quite comfortable sitting with water and coffee whilst the rest of the family scoff full meals. Usually I take a bar, but I have sometimes taken a soup and asked for it to be made up. No one has ever refused! And its a treat not having to make it up yourself!! ;)

The LL message is getting about and a number of places have commented that it wasn't the first time they had seen the foodpacks.

Everyone doing brilliantly here. As FT said, time will fly by. Can't believe its my last Foundation group meeting tomorrow.

xx

Thats great - I will take a cranberry bar with me - I love them, just had one with a cuppa - yum........
Does anyone else use the orange mix in ur water ? I put some in today as I was struggling with water input - I managed nearly 4lts with it - is it ok to use alot? I hope it wont effect the scales!!:confused:

Hi Kik - I use about half a tub of water flavouring a week. It is unlimited and doesn't seem to have affected my weight loss. I love the flavourings as a hot drink too.

They have the double beneficial effects of helping me 1. drink more water and 2. *ahem* 'go' more regularly. Hope this helps.

Thanks I'll keep downing the juice happily now!!:D

Back