LL/Ebay on Radio One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deb G

Silver Member
It's good advice. No-one should ever buy a VLCD from eBay or other internet sites for the very reasons mentioned in the article.

Cambridge are also very active in trying to eradicate this practice too, and any counsellors found to have any involvement or connection to packs appearing for sale online have their licences revoked immediately.

I do actually think they should put a stop to it. It could give LL a bad name. I wonder where they are getting the packs from?

I have just read it, totally agree, it's not good to but them, when they could be dodgy and this is our health that we are taking care of, so best to do it all legal.

yeh I agree with the comment above. I have often wasted paks on recipes. its just as well If all off the wagon sometimes and have them saved up.

I do agree that people shouldn't be able to buy off ebay because of the danger of people with contraindications or not enough body fat doing this diet. However as someone who had a nightmare getting 'permission' from my GP (she thought of it that way no matter how much I told her she was actually just confirming medical history) I can understand people who are desparate to get on a VCLD may feel backed into a corner. As with many things I think we should penalise those inrresponsible people selling the packs for a huge profit (LL HQ excluded off course :D) rather than focus on the individuals buying them through the wrong channels.

I bought an extra week supply from my LLC in case I couldn't get there due to the weather (when we have bad snow). Its better (and cheaper) to buy them from there rather than extortionate prices to Ebayers, without the benefit of the counselling!

Sorry but I don't agree!

Hi guys
Can I just say the following:

"When initially I went to the LL meeting, the group were told by the LLC that "if their own Dr would not sign them for the plan" then "she knew a Dr who for a small fee (around £60) would check blood pressure etc and act upon what the "client" told them about their medical history and sign them on for the plan anway".

As for the counselling - I did not find it beneficial to be honest. I felt I got absolutely nothing from the counselling sessions which is why LL say the £66 per week is for the food "the counselling comes free" hmmmm wonder why they say that then!!! I appreciate everyone is different and some of you have found the counselling invaluable.

I myself recently sold some spare packs on ebay. I did stress that before using the packs a Dr should be consulted etc etc

At the end of the day if the people who are probably buying these products from ebay carry on eating they way they are they will just get bigger and bigger and bigger which is also a massive danger to their health! We are adults and it's about time people were left to make their own decisions.

Sorry about the rant but that's how I feel

xxxxxxxx

Quite often the packs on EBAY are more expensive than buying them with my CDer. However in my experience when going to meetings, there are several ladies that buy lots of packs and I overheard one of them saying to the other that she "makes more on Ebay" selling them on. In other words she is using my CDer as a supplier - how can you stop this, apart from making EBAY stop listing them.
Just a thought....

I know someone who works at LL Head Office, and each pack is traceable to an LLC. Therefore, sometimes Head Office buy from Ebay - scan the packs to see where they came from and take action. Maybe CD need to do the same?

The counselling depends very much on the counsellor - can be very hit and miss. I've been lucky with mine and its the reason I know I will keep it off forever!

I have loads of packs left probably a months worth. That shows what a naughty girl I've been over the past year :eek:

Don't think I'd sell them on ebay though, I'm keeping them as a buffer in case I put weight on to use them for a few days here and there plus I really like my choc shake as part of breakfast everyday.

But I was thinking about this when I heard it this morning? Do you have to have a certain amount to lose before going on the Cambridge Diet or Lipotrim? Is it the same as LL where you need to lose 3 stone? Are VLC diets only to be used by the clinically obese?

I suppose there is a question about the packs being tampered with or out of date when coming from an unlicensed seller but I've never really considered the VLC diet as being particularly risky in itself!! Maybe thats because I still need to lose a bit rather than vanity pounds.

No - you can join CD with only a small amount to lose - check out their website for more info or contact one of the CDCs on here.

I know someone who works at LL Head Office, and each pack is traceable to an LLC. Therefore, sometimes Head Office buy from Ebay - scan the packs to see where they came from and take action. Maybe CD need to do the same?

The counselling depends very much on the counsellor - can be very hit and miss. I've been lucky with mine and its the reason I know I will keep it off forever!

Deb
What could they do to anyone who sells them? My contact was fulfilled when I handed over my money and they handed to me my packs. What I do with them after that is up to me. Is there something "in the small print"? I can assure you all my packs are well within their sell by date!

Can I just add. When I went to see my Dr (who did not charge me) she merely checked my blood pressure. There is a section on the form which she was supposed to complete re listening to my heart etc - she just crossed through that section! I handed the form in to my LLC and Head Office never queried this!

I think people selling these products on ebay gives them the wrong idea.
LL is a structured diet for obese people who have consent from their gp. The ease in geting dehydration is a real risk and people who think they can manage their own daily routine and weeks are naive.
I was unsure about paying £66 a week but know for sure it was the correct choice. I hope ebay responds to this issue in the immediate future for the safety of others and possibly the LL programme in its entirety.

As someone mentioned we are all adults and can sell and buy as we like.

If I were to sell on ebay I would consider this: The packs sell for far more on there, than I sell them for at my one to one meetings with clients, so why would anyone want to spend more with a total stranger who is just out to gain financially from selling, rather than buying more cheaply from a trained counsellor who wants to help them?????

Perhaps because most people who buy products from ebay are in some way contraindicated.

My conscience would stop me, I could be selling to someone who is severely depressed, pregnant, suffering serious heart conitions, the list is endless.

Maybe it's a case of ebay being impersonal, after all if someone were to suffer due to reckless use of a diet product, the seller on ebay would never know would they.

Let your conscience be your guide.

Tracey

My conscience would stop me, I could be selling to someone who is severely depressed, pregnant, suffering serious heart conitions, the list is endless.

Let your conscience be your guide.

Tracey

But Tracey how would you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back