LL January Starters

Good Luck everyone, the first few days are not easy, but hey as soon as ketosis kicks in you are laughing!! It wont be long now and the lbs will be falling off.

Jez
xx

Well my WI was supposed to be yesterday, but since the snow is so bad up here it was cancelled. So my next WI should be a big one as it will be 12 days of abstinence!!!

SexyBecks1 - Started Fri 1st Jan - Week 2 WI 12th Jan

Richard-ba-crewguy Start's 11th January! Cant come soon enough!!

Karmawitch started 2nd Jan - official weigh in Sun 10th Jan

Bekimo - starts Tuesday 5th January 2010! OMG! That is very similar to todays date!! :eek:

Paigesmum - Started Wed 6th Jan - weighed in at 13st

DramaQueen - starts - Weds 13th Jan

Janey B -- starts Thurs 7th Jan weigh in--13st 11lbs

I think one got missed. So I added in Sugarlump!! Cus I'm nice like that!!! :D

SexyBecks1 - Started Fri 1st Jan - Week 2 WI 12th Jan

Richard-ba-crewguy Start's 11th January! Cant come soon enough!!

Karmawitch started 2nd Jan - official weigh in Sun 10th Jan

Bekimo - starts Tuesday 5th January 2010! OMG! That is very similar to todays date!! :eek:

Paigesmum - Started Wed 6th Jan - weighed in at 13st

DramaQueen - starts - Weds 13th Jan

Sugarlump - started 5th Jan 2010 - 7st to lose! 1st weigh-in on Monday night!!

Janey B -- starts Thurs 7th Jan weigh in--13st 11lbs

Good luck on your first day tomorrow Janey! Remember that water! Hope yours is easier than mine was :cry:
Bring on tomorrow, so say I!!!

Bekimo, i'm not so much hungry any more, more like feeling sick having just force fed myself the chilli lol. Not so keen on that one!

Hi to everybody else who's posted, i think the forum is great and i know with all this support i WILL succeed x

Of course you will succeed Claire. I am liking the positive thinking. I believe you may inspired my positive brain beans to kick in. Ta!

Some of the packs can be. Erm... interesting. But you also may find in a few weeks that you like them cus your tastebuds change or something?! I went from disliking chocolate in week one, to loving it in week 7 (28 chocolate a week loving it!) last time round!!

I am still starving hungry, I am actually contemplating chewing on the sofa cushion!! :eek:

Thanks Bekimo, I'm actually quite excited about starting tomorrow.
Janey xx

Thanks Bekimo, I'm actually quite excited about starting tomorrow.
Janey xx

Excitement is always good!! Go with that and you will be just fine!!!

I've only got a few packs at the moment as the delivery was cancelled due to snow but i'm sure i'll find a few things that i enjoy. Already looking forward to being able to try the bars lol

I was not keen on the bars. But many people love them! They are definitely a nice change. To be able to chew something is always nice!!!!

good luck ladies, it's lovely to read your thoughts and feelings in these first few days, they are the hardest, but they pass. I've been on the diet since September now, no cheating and found it a joy, it's changing my life! Positive attitude is key and knowing this is your choice, you don't have to do this, you are choosing to.

I tried all the packs at first, but have come to realise that I like my routine. Porridge in the morning, hot chocolate at lunch, hot peanut bar (in the toaster, yum yum) for dinner and a hot chocolate or porridge at night. You will all find your routine.

Keep with it and this diet will change your thinking about food - thinking of you, Gemma x

Well, I'm just starting day 3 and feeling much better already. It's taking longer between pack for any hunger pangs to start and so far no headaches (though I have been drinking loads of water and black tea which I think has helped)
Felt really sick trying to get my Thai Chilli soup down last night and ended up binning it! Had a choc shake instead and felt fine 1/2 hour later. (Hope I can buy an individual pack at weigh in to replace the one i binned!) Keep up the good work for those that have just started in last few days, I'm sure that when were in ketosis it will get easier!;)

Thanks for adding me in Bekimo, not quite sure what im doing yet!:confused:

You'll work it out, and in the mean time there are plenty of people around that can assist if you are unsure of anything!

Well, I'm just starting day 3 and feeling much better already. It's taking longer between pack for any hunger pangs to start and so far no headaches (though I have been drinking loads of water and black tea which I think has helped)
Felt really sick trying to get my Thai Chilli soup down last night and ended up binning it! Had a choc shake instead and felt fine 1/2 hour later. (Hope I can buy an individual pack at weigh in to replace the one i binned!) Keep up the good work for those that have just started in last few days, I'm sure that when were in ketosis it will get easier!;)

It will get easier when you are in full ketosis. The first three days are the hardest with the hunger pangs and trying to remember to drink enough fluid. I definitely did not drink enough yesterday. However I did manage to have all of my packs and thus day 2 commences with ease!

Well day1, good start, lets hope it continues!! Have had my porridge and 1 1/2ltr water. Need to keep this positive attitude going!!
How is everybody else doing? Wish you all a great day.
Janey XX

Nice start Janey!

As for me? I must drink more! Is it weird that I actually "forget" to drink?

Anyway, I have after request from LS, started a new blog for 2010.

Linky is in signature. You are all more than welcome to come spy on my silly ramblings!

B x

Porridge? That's new, is it nice? Any other new flavours? I am so excited that there is porridge.
6 days til I start. Good luck everybody. Reading your thoughts is very inspirational to me. I still have not managed to get on the scales and face the music. Might as well wait til Wednesday now. It is what it is!

DQ X

Porridge? That's new, is it nice? Any other new flavours? I am so excited that there is porridge.
6 days til I start. Good luck everybody. Reading your thoughts is very inspirational to me. I still have not managed to get on the scales and face the music. Might as well wait til Wednesday now. It is what it is!

DQ X

I like the Porridge. It actually does resemble and taste as described. Which is always good ;)

They also have Chilli con Carne! I cannot comment on this as I have not had any!

I was weighed on Tuesday and I have not looked at the scales yet either!!! I told my LLC that although it may be a bizarre request I dont want to know how much I weigh. I will be happy to know how much I have lost each week but I don't want to know my weight or my BMI.

Two reasons for this. 1. I don't want to know. I like lala land where I am unaware of how actually bad it is! 2. Last time I did LL I got OBSESSED with numbers. Like I weighed myself twice a day at least!

I shall reveal it to myself at the end of Foundation. This should hopefully spur me on to continue as I did find developers really hard!

Bekimo I like your thinking. I lost 8 stone over 18 months ago but have just had a baby and I know I have put on lots of weight but I don't know how much. I was worried that if I weighed myself before I was able to start LL (you have to wait 3 months) then I would get all obcessed and even more out of control so never weighed myself and now I am dreading it. I know I can't change it. I am what I am. I hope I have put on about 4 stone but fear it may be more. GULP!

Chilli con carne? Wow is it a soup or an actual meal? How things have changed. I used to live on Vanilla Shakes (with coffee) and hot bannana shakes as I was always so cold. Am delighted will be able to have porridge. Are there any new bars? The best ones used to be cranberry crunch and peanut. I hated the lemon ones they used to taste like window putty. I can't wait to start losing, I hate looking like this.

Thanks and love DQ x

Chilli con carne? Wow is it a soup or an actual meal? How things have changed. I used to live on Vanilla Shakes (with coffee) and hot bannana shakes as I was always so cold. Am delighted will be able to have porridge. Are there any new bars? The best ones used to be cranberry crunch and peanut. I hated the lemon ones they used to taste like window putty. I can't wait to start losing, I hate looking like this.

I think the porridge is lovely, it reminds me of ready brek a little bit and is quite sweet :)

I tried the chilli last night and personally, i found it disgusting. It's kind of like a soup and fairly spicy but it made me feel sick and repeated on me for hours afterwards. Everybody has different taste though so you'll have to give it a go :)

I know in myself because I notice the bad breath!! I hate that side effect! :cry:

But you can of course buy ketostix. Plenty of retailers do them. Such as Amazon. (See Below!)

[URL="http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=ketostix&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=4702935699&ref=pd_sl_zrtqp16az_b"]http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=ketostix&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=4702935699&ref=pd_sl_zrtqp16az_b[/URL]

I havent noticed the bad breath yet but only started yesterday. Going to pick up some of that gold spot breath freshener later on today, read about it on here somewhere. Thanks for the links, will check them out now :)

Back