LL JULY STARTERS

Mel
so lovely to have you back. Wow well done girl - I really think going on holiday must be the hardest part of doing this - you are a superstar.

xxx

Hey Mel

I had a fab loss after my 10 days away, so it was totally worth it and your weigh in will make you feel so proud for hanging in there. Good luck hun and let us know how it goes

Jez
xx

Hi Girls - im going to have a weigh in today at my pop in session.....so im keeping my fingers crossed to getting into the next stone bracket (that would make total loss 4 stone).

Mind you, if I dont, im still please with how I did!

Back to routine from tomorrow!! That always makes things easier!

Looking forward to your 'post pop in post ' Mel Keeping everything crossed for an amazing loss and that you get your 4 stone.

Agree about routine making things easier - I was on hol (not away but not at work) last week and it was so much harder than when you are having a normal week.

X

hi all congrats on your weight loss, i just thought as you are all a month or two ahead of me can u let me no if your energy has increased i am on week 2 nearly 3 and i have little to no energy first week was great lost 12pounds then the second only 2, so confused!!
please help :(

Hi Dee
I think the energy thing is different depending on the person. I barely made it through week 1, bounced full of energy into week 2, had no energy at all TOTM weeks. I have mostly felt more energetic though - particularly as the weight has come off and I have been able to be more active.

A lady in my LL group started 2 weeks after me and she only stopped feeling hungry and felt more energy last week so different strokes and all that.

Don't worry about the 2 lb, it happens to the best of us. Best bet is to try and look forward to next week. You could well have lost several pounds of fat but camera shot in time when you stood on the scales your body may have decided to hang on to some water for whatever reason and hidden the fact that you had in fact lost permanent fat.

It may or may not do it again. Best advice I got on these boards is to look at the overall monthly losses.

The one sure thing I know from reading the posts of those who have lost stacks and got to goal is that if you stick at it, regardless of what the scales say week by week, you will get to target and much much faster than by going it alone or WW or SW etc.

Good luck honey.

XXXX

Hi Dee

Peony is right. I have found my energy has increased gradually rather than a big 'pow'. It really depends from person to person.

As for the 2lb weight loss. It will average itself out over time, but at the end of the day you have lost 1 STONE in 2 WEEKS!! Thats amazing!!

Well done and keep popping in to let us know how you are doing and if you need any support we are always here!!

Peony - I lost 7.5 lbs. bringing the total up to 54.5 lbs. Yay me!!

:talk017:
woohoo Mel!
7.5 lbs is amazing, wonderful, fantastic!!!!

Over the moon for you - and on holiday too. I don't know how you did it. Take the feeling you have now, scrunch up your eyes tight, really live the feeling, and tightly squeeze your thumb with another finger on the same hand. If you should wobble in the coming months, squeeze that same finger and thumb, close your eyes and recall how you felt when you saw that 7.5 lb loss - remembering this feeling will get you through anything LL has to throw at you honey.

xxxxxxxxxx

Ha ha I don't know where I picked that up - I do remember watching I can make you thin years ago but haven't read any of his stuff. I probably picked it up on that programme if it is one of his. Good to put a name to the technique. I used to watch all thise life coachy type programmes. Also have an amazing CBT book Mind Over Mood: Change How You Feel By Changing the Way You Think: Amazon.co.uk: Christine A Padesky, Dennis Greenberger: Books which was background a few years ago when I had extensive one on one cbt for depression that I ended up with after sustained work related stress.

It's one of the reasons I chose LL, as I have complete faith in CBT. It helped me enormously. In the end the CBT helped me to leave my job after 10 years in the company, I waved goodbye to a big salary and amazing pension to scrape a living running my own business. You know what though, I have never been happier!

You seem to know your onions Jez - got any good books to recommend?

XXXX

Peony Hun, we are 2 peas in a pod!!! I have also done extensive CBT because of depression - lol, I knew it worked which is why I chose LL and I adore that aspect of it.

I do like the Paul M stuff, it gives quick useful tips which are so easy to use. Also love "who moved my cheese" - sorry cant remember the author off the top of my head. The best book I have read of late is self development, but in a different way, It is "you can heal your life" by Louise L Hay - absolutely amazing and probably my final push to get me on this journey of change, because LL for me has been about so much more than the weight loss. It has been about getting rid of the old entirely. I am also really keen on NLP, so any of the Richard Bandler books and similar are great.

I am so keen to also get out of the rat race and start my own business. Would love to chat to you further about what you did and how you went about it. Perhaps you could pm me, so we don't hijack your lovely September thread.

Jez
xx

It is "you can heal your life" by Louise L Hay - absolutely amazing and probably my final push to get me on this journey of change,

heh - we talked about this book in Group tonight. :D

Good book, I read it YONKS ago.Might have a revisit. :)

x

Thanks for the book tips, have either of you read Women Who Think Too Much: How to Break Free of Overthinking and Reclaim Your Life: Amazon.co.uk: Susan Nolen-Hoeksema: Books

can't recommend enogh, it is an excellent book.

Ok as you say let's not hijack this thread talking about starting businesses etc. Would love to share more off this thread but I am a bit of a contradiction Jez in that whilst I designed and built my own website in dreamweaver with no manual and no idea, I have no idea how to pm? is it like instant messaging? I never sussed that out either! Heeeeelp!!!

xxxx

PS
My four year old daughter came in whilst I was reading your post BL and asked me who that lady was. I said it was a friend of mine that I talked to on the computer. She looked at your signature photo's and said who is that about your before photo. I told her it was the same lady and she said - oh that must have been when she was older. So there you go, not only have you got slimmer, you have got younger too. A result I'd say!
xxxx

No official WI today, hubby overnighting with work and couldn't get a sitter. 4lbs off on my scales this morning tho and they were the same as my counsellor's last week so I am happy to take that as this week's weight.

Could certainly live with 4lb a week till target (don't worry I know that would be very lucky and hughly unlikely, ourt bodies are just too random for that) would bring me to target by March 9th which would be amazing mind you.

Good luck with yours tomorow Mel. You know it wil be fab after your pop in.

xxxx

WOOHOO to you Peony!!! I really missed my meeting last week. The girls are all so nice that its nice just to catch up each week.

I am looking forward to my WI tomorrow, I am really crossing my fingers for 1.5lb. That will bring me up to 4 stone loss and down into the 15's.

So everything crossed!! xxx

Back