LL STARTERS IN JANUARY 2007

Hi Dawn

Good luck for tomorrow, we are all here for you

Toots xx

ooh tootsie, I felt weird yesturday but nothing compared to what you describe. Perhaps you should give your councellor a ring to see if she can shed any light or reassure you of your symptoms are normal, failing that perhaps have a word with your GP.

I hope you feel better today, we are both on day 6 and already is a fantastic achievement - I am literally buzzing today, despite not sleeping to well.

When do you go for your next weigh in - is it tomorrow like me?

Hi Tootsie,

I am a student Doctor and I'm sure we had a lecture once about diabetes and the grains of sand in the eyes effect cos of the massive changes in blood sugar?
Not that I think you have diabetes but obviously even somebody on LL without Diabetes would experiance a massive change in blood sugar levels...Ill try and find the notes for you!
Re spaced out feeling I def had this on my first week before xmas.
I was driving and getting very anxious about things that dont usually bother me and having really bad road rage too! lol
I also had the strange feeling of something crawling round inside my head!:eek:
Hope you feel better!

Hi Skinny

I feel so much better today, still a bit spaced out and tired as not sleeping very well. I can't believe I have got to day six I am so proud of myself. My hubby had a fit of the giggles this morning, I was making my daughter some toast with jam and Peanut Butter, cut the crusts off (can't believe I still do that for her, she is nearly 10) and licked my finger out of habit, I realised what I had done straight away so grabbed a tea towell and wiped my tounge with it!!!!!!!! We had such a laugh.

My first weekly weigh is tomorrow, very excited about getting some bars and water flavourings, I need to chew!!!!
I had a stop in after 2 days and lost 6lbs so hopefully I will have lost a couple more. i am not weighing myself at home as i get really down if the scales haven't moved.

Hey Pixie, thanks for the advice, I do feel much better today, I think!!!
The ketone sticks I have at home also have blood sugar indicator on it and at the moment I am fine. I will keep an eye on it though after what you have said.

the notes would be great, thank you so much. I have not had the carwling yet but have had every other symptom, especially the being freezing cold one so no doubt that will come.

Toots xx.

Hi Skinny

I feel so much better today, still a bit spaced out and tired as not sleeping very well. I can't believe I have got to day six I am so proud of myself. My hubby had a fit of the giggles this morning, I was making my daughter some toast with jam and Peanut Butter, cut the crusts off (can't believe I still do that for her, she is nearly 10) and licked my finger out of habit, I realised what I had done straight away so grabbed a tea towell and wiped my tounge with it!!!!!!!! We had such a laugh.

My first weekly weigh is tomorrow, very excited about getting some bars and water flavourings, I need to chew!!!!
I had a stop in after 2 days and lost 6lbs so hopefully I will have lost a couple more. i am not weighing myself at home as i get really down if the scales haven't moved.

Hey Pixie, thanks for the advice, I do feel much better today, I think!!!
The ketone sticks I have at home also have blood sugar indicator on it and at the moment I am fine. I will keep an eye on it though after what you have said.

the notes would be great, thank you so much. I have not had the carwling yet but have had every other symptom, especially the being freezing cold one so no doubt that will come.

Toots xx.

Ah Tootsie it will all be worth it!

I have real problems with headaches related to blood sugar until I stabilise so its not great :(

BUT WE WILL LOOK GREAT! :D

Just wanted to know

I love this site, its so inspiring. I have been reading on here all morning. One thing i'd like to know (sorry its a boring practical question), are the shaker/beaker containers given to you by LL for mixing up shakes, dishwasher safe?

Sorry ponseta, i have no idea as i don't have a dishwasher, I would imagine they are:confused:

Hi ponseta

I use them in my Dishwasher & them seem to be ok.

"My hubby had a fit of the giggles this morning, I was making my daughter some toast with jam and Peanut Butter, cut the crusts off (can't believe I still do that for her, she is nearly 10) and licked my finger out of habit, I realised what I had done straight away so grabbed a tea towell and wiped my tounge with it!!!!!!!! We had such a laugh."

I did exactly the same thing with my son's dinner yesturday, but just stopped myself in time and then rubbed my tongue like I had just consumed poison!!!

Congratulations for getting to day 6, I am so proud of myself I never thought I would last a day and just hope the scales reward my abstinence with a great loss this week. I only lost 2lbs at the drop in and was so gutted (although I realise it was still a good loss in 2 days) others had lost so much more, it was TOTM though and so that would've affected things, also I was not in ketosis - so by now surely I must be, haven't got any test sticks at home so can't check.

I can hardly wait until weigh in I am so excited about seeing the other girls we have a really good group and have bonded really well already.

One thing I have noticed though, is that I am starting to spend more time on myself and have been rewarding myself each day with a new bubble bath or body scrub and spending an hour before bed socking in the bath, and applying all sorts of creams, oils and lotions. Before LL I would fall into bed after perhaps a quick shower having drunken and eaten too much, feeling groggy and bloated.

My hubby says he has noticed I have a much more positive outlook on things, where I was really depressed before.

I am finally getting there.....

Skinnyminny

I think the positive outlook is because we have finally decided to do something about the way we were. I constanly find excuses as to why I do or don't do something instead of just telling myself to get on with it.

I am in a really good frame of mind too (now i feel better). Long may it last, thats what I say!!

Don't worry about the 2lbs, imagine if you were on any other diet, a 2llb loss in week, you would be jumping for joy. I should imagine you are in ketosis now so bring on tomorrow.
I look forward to your post after your weigh in, you will post wont you??:)

of course - I am addicted to this thread!!!!!

I have substituted one addiction with another - ciggies to food, food to forum - well it could be worse!!! LoL

Day 2

Still fagless :D ....
I had terrrible night last night - insomnia!!! Woke up late this morning but felt ok til about midday & now I am FREEZING :eek: ...
I've got to work til 8pm as Warehouse text to say he's not coming in as he's not slept well :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: , so as management I have to deal with it!
I've had 2 packs, I'm feeling fine. Lots of weeing, drank loads must've done 3.5 L already ;) so I'm fine with that.
Feel bit hungry but nothing major that the water can't deal with :)
I'm also starting to feel tired, which means I might get to sleep but 11 tonight at the latest after nice long soak in bath. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Good for you!!

I really hope you do this I am so pleased for you.

Did you speak to your LLC re giving up the ciggies as well as doing the diet?

Did she offer any advice??

I really think it is amazing but you will feel so much better in the long term. I would never dream of picking a cigarette up again - quite bizarre as I actually did enjoy smoking before.

Anytime you feel like lapsing - come on here and get support - this site and the people on are amazing and the support is fantastic.

xx

thanks!!!

I emailed & text her - she was fine and told me both were as important as the other & was impressed I'd made decision to do them at the same time basically.

I was only worried really as at the class she stressed that she didnt want any time wasters in the group, which I felt she thought I maybe as I had not started on the Friday as we'd all said we would.

She's really nice lady though - and was most understanding... I'm treating any loss this Thu eve as my pop in loss, then next Thu will be proper 1 week into programme...

Well thats the plan - anyway lol :) :) :)

Still fagless :D ....
......................I've had 2 packs, I'm feeling fine. Lots of weeing, drank loads must've done 3.5 L already ;) so I'm fine with that............................

SNAP

Day One for me - 3.5 L in and several sprints to the little boys room - got a 1.5 hour drive to Sheffield to contemplate - have actually looked at where the services are on the motorway as I am that worried about 'accidents' and not of the motoring kind :eek:

Not tired though - all that adreneline from nearly not getting to the loo in time - i had to dasjh out of a teleconference twice - and I was chairing it.

My how they laughed - unsupportive sods!!!

Ha Ha

I wasnt tired yesterday either - infact buzzing!!!
I'm waining this afternoon as I never got to sleep til 4am & up at 8 - which was late! :eek: :eek: :eek:
I'm at work til 8 this evening too :mad:
But feeling fine - bit of upset tummy too, obviously the water n lack of cheddar cheese & chilled white wine are starting to take effect :D :D :D

Back