LL STARTERS IN JANUARY 2007

Thanks for the pics.

They are an inspiration, they really are.

I supsoe I was just concerned about the rate of people leaving the diet before they reach their goal. I did ask my LL leader about stats on success rate etc, but she said she didnt have any:confused:

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to respond, I hope you dont think im being negative as i think the diet is great. And so is this forum.

Thanks

xx

Hi Ponseta,

I am returning as I started a few weeks before xmas but I didnt have a group so was finding it pretty hard going.
I was working away in Scotland up until xmas eve so i didnt get to see my counsellor for 2 weeks and it all just fell apart with the fact I was having no counselling.
Also due to the long hours I was doing in theatre at the hospital (Under hot lights with all those nasty surgical scenes too!) I got a bit nauseous and therefore decided to take some time off over xmas.
I didnt put on all the weight I lost though much to my suprise and I am still half a stone lighter than when I started despite stuffing myself silly for as long as I had been on the diet! :eek:
Its my 2nd day back today and I feel fine :D
Hope everyone is doing well.
Pix x

good luck pixie - I have the joy of starting tomorrow (wonder how I will feel in a weeks time)
Thanks!
I assume its your first day today then?
Keep the headache pills close and the loo even closer!
Let us know how you are getting on!

Thanks Pix

I can totaly understand what your saying, i suppose there are reasons like your why people have to stop and re-join.

I was concerned that people we dropping out cos the diet was so difficult.

Thanks for taking time to reply.

x

Thanks Pix

I can totaly understand what your saying, i suppose there are reasons like your why people have to stop and re-join.

I was concerned that people we dropping out cos the diet was so difficult.

Thanks for taking time to reply.

x

No worries!
I think you do have to be a very strong character to be able to do this but sometimes it might get too much for anyone.
I really admire the people who stuck it over Christmas!
I was determined to do that even tho my counsellor advised me against it as she said she only knew one person who had done it over the past 2 years.
It was a nightmare mixing food packs in hotel rooms too so maybe it wasn't the greatest idea to start it before xmas and my placement!
The boredom also got to me as I was sitting in a hotel room at night when I got back with it bucketing down outside and pitch black so I couldnt even take my mind off it by going for a walk!
There are many reasons why people fail, but i truely believe if you want it badly enough it will happen.
You are not being negative at all, these thoughts have also crossed my mind and probably most peoples on here.
What you will find on here tho is fantastic support and advice and that will really help you from falling off the wagon!

P.S also I may add that I was without minimins while I was away which was a huge factor in my falling off the wagon!

Make it your resolution to come on here at least once a day and you will be fine.
x

Hi

I have to say this forum has been fantastic - I am on my 5th day and not doing too badly - much better than I ever expected to. I am a person without willpower, but for some reason in 2007 I am much stronger than ever and determined to succeed.

I have my bad days like everyone else and it has not even been a week yet, I am looking forward to a time when I am not counting the days, but the weeks and months.

Today is bad day for example, I don't feel too well and have felt slight hunger pangs for the first time since starting, I am therefore hanging onto this forum, dong very little work and drinking copius amounts of water in the hopes that the glitch will pass, because when it does that will be another day done and another achievement.

The pics of those who has made it on their journey are truly an inspiration so thank to those who have taken the time to post. I have a particularly bad before pic which I will use when I evenutally hit my goal weight.

I think with every diet there is always a drop off - weight watchers slimming world, etc... all have their fair share of people who drop out - the reason is, is that there is alot of responsibility on the individual to keep motivated. I chose LL because of the support group and the councelling - I felt this was the missing ingredient from the other diets I have tried. But that said, there is still a huge responsibility on me to keep motivated and use the tools that are on offer.

I do not think it is an easy plan to follow, it takes great strength to abstain from food, you really need to get into the right mindset and be determined.

Heres hoping I will get there - but this forum will help me I am so pleased I found you all!!!

Hi

I have to say this forum has been fantastic - I am on my 5th day and not doing too badly - much better than I ever expected to. I am a person without willpower, but for some reason in 2007 I am much stronger than ever and determined to succeed.

I have my bad days like everyone else and it has not even been a week yet, I am looking forward to a time when I am not counting the days, but the weeks and months.

Today is bad day for example, I don't feel too well and have felt slight hunger pangs for the first time since starting, I am therefore hanging onto this forum, dong very little work and drinking copius amounts of water in the hopes that the glitch will pass, because when it does that will be another day done and another achievement.

The pics of those who has made it on their journey are truly an inspiration so thank to those who have taken the time to post. I have a particularly bad before pic which I will use when I evenutally hit my goal weight.

I think with every diet there is always a drop off - weight watchers slimming world, etc... all have their fair share of people who drop out - the reason is, is that there is alot of responsibility on the individual to keep motivated. I chose LL because of the support group and the councelling - I felt this was the missing ingredient from the other diets I have tried. But that said, there is still a huge responsibility on me to keep motivated and use the tools that are on offer.

I do not think it is an easy plan to follow, it takes great strength to abstain from food, you really need to get into the right mindset and be determined.

Heres hoping I will get there - but this forum will help me I am so pleased I found you all!!!

You will Skinny Minny I know it! :D

You're absolutely right Skinnyminny about valuing the counselling aspect of LL, that's why I chose LL too and I do not regret it, even though it is the most expensive option.

I notice from your ticker that you have a similar amount to lose as I did. I started at the end of August needing to lose 98 lbs. Here I am today and am well on the way to achieving that. If I can - YOU can.

I don't know that I would agree that it is very difficult to abstain from food, because being in ketosis means that you have no appetite anyway. So, if you wanted to eat it would be for OTHER reasons. This is where the counselling and CBT really comes into its own showing you the triggers/pitfalls/crooked thinking which can catch you out.

The real challenge Skinnyminny, will come when you reach your goal and begin to introduce food back into your daily life. THAT'S when all the lessons learned will be brought into play! I look forward to my time with equal amounts of joy (eating real food again!) and anxiety (will I be able to cope).

Hi AmandaJayne
I have to say you have done fantastically well - can I ask - How much did you lose in your 1st 100 days? Did you incorporate any excersise, if so how much did you do and what did you do. I am just thinking of taking up some excersise to help me on my way.
x

Well after having a really rubbish day, it's not turned out to bad & I can now report I have done 5 days - whey hey!!!

I have just come back form a 45 min walk as I thought it might lift my bad mood & it did, I came home to make a delicious (no I am not going mad) hot caramel drink with coffee - just the thing to warm up after a brisk walk in the wet windy weather (again I am not going mad).

My little boy was just getting into bed so I thought I would read him a few pages of a story, so left delicous mug of coffee/caramel on the side.

Hubby (for the first time ever) decided to clear away & tipped it down the sink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:( :( :( :mad: :mad: :mad: He said he thought I had made a coffee with milk and as I was not allowed milk he thought he was helping me??????????????

I am totally gutted and bad mood has returned. Am going for a long hot soak in the bath to cheer myself up and to also prevent wacking hubby over head with the blender.

Bring on day 6 - when I will be able to have my caramel coffee again in peace.

xx

Well I'm finally nearing the end of Day 1 of my re-start, also day 5 of being a non-smoker.... Yay me (LOL) xxx

I just want to wish all you lighterlifers the very best of luck on this magical diet.

You will have really good days and some really challenging days!!....... BUT you WILL get through it. You all have the will power although you will doubt it at times. As soon as the weight starts to drop off and the snug blanket of ketosis is covering you will not look back. It will be an absolute dodle!!

My LLC said that all us VLCD people are all used to doing extremes. At some time exreme overeating ...so.. therefore we can do extremes of not eating or SSing!!
Just keep posting on here and you will always get great advice and help.
YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!

I still have three weeks to go and to be honest I am enjoying it and do not want it to end!!
Lots and lots of slimming luck. The taste of thindom is not that far way!!
xx

Aw Skinnymini, your hubby meant well I think. Don't be too down on him!

I lost about 4 stone (56.75 lbs) in the 100 days (about 14 weeks) and I used my LL stepper to measure how many steps I did a day.

I take any opportunity to walk to stay active and do 'house based' exercise including walking up and down stairs, toning with the LL band, and I ust recently got a lateral thigh trainer (from Ebay) and do that for up to ten mins a time.

It is EXHAUSTING but very effective. I like it particularly because it takes up minimal space and is quiet.

I walk into town every weekend (about 4 miles) and have done for most of my LL journey. It's an integral part of my life now and, because I am much fitter, I don't feel tired when I arrive in town. In fact I can do several hours of shopping without a struggle!

I need to start walking & riding my bike - but the saddle is really really uncomfortable!!!!! My son loves riding his bike so I really should make an effort. It'll keep mind off food and fags too xxx

Clucks, I have a bike too, but I'm too frightened to ride it on the roads around here. I'll only go on the canal paths!

Invest in a comfortable seat and get a pair of PADDED cycle shorts - the two really make a difference. I never cycle anywhere without mine!

Clucks, Tesco sell a cover that can go on your seat which is padded and really comfortable, if you can't get one in Tesco's then I know Halfords sell them. I use one for the spin class I go to, it really helps!!

Day 6 for me today, felt really pants but felling a little better today. Does anyone else at a similar stage to me feel like they are on "Planet Zog". I have been away with the fairies for the last couple of days, scatty, clumsy, really really really tired. It's horrible but I am hoping it gets better.

Hope you are all doing OK, good luck for today,

Toots xxx

Got to sleep finally at 4am!!!!! Feeling fine today, still a bit buzzy & it's only day 2!
I think I've seen the seats & I'm going to Tesco later to top up on tabasco sauce.....
I'm so glad I'm back, you get so much good karma coming here, it really really helps.
xxx

day 6

Well day 6 and so far so good. I did not sleep much last night for some reason kept on waking up found it really hard to relax and go to sleep, despite having a long walk and then a long relaxing bubble bath. My mind was racing and full of images of me slim and wearing the lastest fashions looking fabulous!!!!!:D :D

weigh in tomorrow night - I hope I have lost weight - my trousers do seem to fit a bit better than before though.

Apart from the tiredness do feel better today, just been for a job interview and felt alot more confident than before - fingers crossed. I am determined that 2007 will be my year of success.
xx

Well done Skinnyminny!! Day 6 already!! Your weigh in will be great!!
Its great that you have found a new inner confidence. Believe me the confidence and assertivenes only grows bigger and bigger...... and......the dreams of yourself in the latest fashion will very soon be a reality.
Keep up the good work and hold on to the great feeling that you have!!
Well Done.
xx

I am double posting as I have a diary thread too but want to update this one aswell,

Day 6

OMG, last night I felt so bad/weird. Myself and a couple of friends went to visit my best mate last night. I drove, obviously, but scared myself stupid. I was making so many mistakes like indicating the wrong way, breaking to hard or not enough, couldn't remember where I was going. It felt as if I had had a lot of alcohol and was very tipsy. I couldn't string a sentance together and my eyes felt as if they were full of sand, it was horrible. Is this normal, please tell me???????

When we arrived at my BF's house her husband had prepared some nibbles for us, now his idea of nibbles is full blown buffet, it all looked so gorgeous. I had such a hard time resisting as I was feeling so bad I thought if I ate something it would make me feel better. I resisted but filled my water bottle up about 5 times!!!! My mates were really good about the food and drink, very supportive but were rolling around in hysterics because I was being so out of character!!

I had to leave at 9.30 as I was so scared about the drive home. We live right in the country and the journey to my BF's house takes about 30 mins and its dark, wet and the roads are very narrow with lots of unexpected sharp corners, not nice. Any way, got home fine, eventually and went straight to bed.

I have woken up this morning, very tired again but not so spaced out, I am just hoping yesterday was the worst it's going to be and that it should get better from now on.

Tried a hot choc shake this morning made with mint tea, really really nice. I am not having any of the foodpacks cold as I just can't somach them cold.

If you are reading this and have experienced how I felt yesterday could you please reply so I can put my mind at rest.

Will update diary later with how I am feeling today.

Ta Ta for now xxxx

<A onclick="urchinTracker ('/outgoing/http_www_TickerFactory_com_weight_loss_wJ85WDa_');" href="http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/wJ85WDa/" target=_blank>
[URL="http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/wJ85WDa/"]

Back