LoChan's diary - hello!

hey how ya doing today.
think the weather has us all struggling:eek:
Bet your back on track today cooking up a storm :D

planning another tagine tomorrow going to try chicken and apricot i think. will let you know how it turns out :D xx

hope you enjoyed your evening with OH xx

Morning Lo,
I love the fact you fessed up, I really believe that's a good sign that you will complete this journey, people who still hide their mishaps aren't being true to themselves and if they can't be true to themselves then they have no chance, I just see it as another step in the right direction.
Love the sound of your lazy sunday soup, just off to make another batch of the hot and sour soup yummy, I am so addicted especially since I still have this cough and cold, well that's my excuse and I am sticking to it lol
Somehow I just knew you'd find Ross Noble funny, see said we had the same sense of humour lol

Have a good day hunni :hug99: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hehe I didn't expect to find any fellow Noble fans on minimins - excellent! :D:D Ross is my original chillpod, I couldn't sleep on my own at my last house' since an attempted break-in so I'd have ross noble dvds on all night. So he can make me laugh and send me to sleep, bit mixed up lol

I've not sorted myself out yet - I've had a mcdonalds (wednesday) and consumed a whole pack of thorntons shortcakes yesterday :eek::sigh: Don't know what's wrong with me, partly from having my normal routine wrecked with office days and school events this week... Tbh I've been feeling like lying come saturday but on the other hand it seems like my unconscious is determined that I should see a gain this week to stop me b00gering about which has been happening for a month now. Typical behaviour for me once I've stuck to a plan for this amount of time...

Pah these things happen
and like Lily said at least you have admitted
your mishap and can move on from it

Sometimes I am so glad
I must be the only chocolate hating woman in the UK haha

Mn not moved on from it yet :eek: Soon, soon...

Hi,
I've been reading some of your posts and just wanted to pop in and say you cook the most amazing meals. Seriously they make me so hungry. I wish I was as good a cook as you. Well done on your fab weight losses.
Penny

Thank you Penny :) Though I feel embarassed for not having cooked much this week with being on something of a Syn Bender! :eek:

hey how ya doing today.
think the weather has us all struggling:eek:
Bet your back on track today cooking up a storm :D

planning another tagine tomorrow going to try chicken and apricot i think. will let you know how it turns out :D xx

hope you enjoyed your evening with OH xx

Did enjoy the time with OH but no cooking :eek: I haven't planned anything so that's probably another reason I've gone a bit doolally. Shall get m'thinking cap on tonight/saturday morning to work out some good'ns for next week :)

Shall aim to come back on tonight to catch up with everyone - bit tired this morning so going to try and snooze before starting work today.

Hmn, plan is christmas markets and starbucks tonight after school pick-up... but I've gone and bought naughty stuff after every market I've been to so I don't think tonight will be very good for me foodwise :sigh: Naemind. If we do go I'll try and take some pictures of t'lights and stuff :) Going against t'usual grain and putting up our xmas tree on the weekend too, we didn't have it last year 'cause we moved halfway through december so not enough time to bother so first xmassy xmas in this house :D

Think I should empty out cupboards of bad stuff and keep myself out of shops next week to give myself a chance :D Go with a few green days so can have SW favourites like stuffed peppers and potato skins to keep me on the straight and narrow ;)

Hope you're all doing well xxxxxx

Goodmorning Lo :wavey: just popped in to say :thankyou: for being so kind and supportive it means alot

I wonder if the slimpods could be causing some of this. I know it sounds silly but I had similar at the beginning and wonder if we are working through some of our issues with food. :confused:

I've made bad ish food choices at points this last week or so BUT as a rule I only eat my meals and make reasonable choices and stop when full. We had KFC last night, loved it, but had to stop as felt so full I thought I'd go pop :eek: I am continuing to listen as I can see too many positives not to ie my relationship with food is changing drastically so surely long term that can only be good? xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey Lo, awww don't be so hard on yourself hunni, we all do it, but I am so glad you admitted to wanting to lie, been there myself on occasion but decided I would only be lying to myself and if I did that I wouldn't be any further on in my life and might as well give up as with that mentality I would never reach target and I am not going to be stopped, if I make a stupid bad choice I live with it....even skinny people have days where they pig out, so why shouldn't we????????
Oh and please don't get rid of the "bad foods" it's not realistic unless you live totally alone, not to have tempting stuff in the house, the art is to beat the temptation or to give into it and then move on....we "big" people have a guilt complex about eating certain foods, what we should do and I find myself doing more and more lately is to have it and move on or have it in a smaller amount...like the birthday cake last night...I had 33g of Chocolate Fudge Cake as I worked out it would be 3 syns for exactly that amount and to be honest it was a perfect sized piece...so you can get over it....you of all people have the will power.
Oh and I love Ross Noble....I am guessing if you're old enough that you would love things like Monty Python and Black Adder....I love that quirky kind of humour :giggle:
Have a good day sweetie and I am so jealous of you going to the Christmas Market :jelous: xxxxxxxxxx

ohhhh christmas market saw it on the news last night :D sooooooooooo jelous:jelous:

think i might go next week sometime.

struggling a bit at the moment too. bit heavy on the syns today and picking a bit. think mine is the start of return to work anxiety:eek::eek:

have done plans for the week and doing a back to basics from now to correct my self.
had a 2lb gain this week:break_diet:
and did contemplate lying but changed my mind as like lily says only lying to myself really:sigh:

give your self a bit of space and don't beat your self up you will get back on plan cos we will all be here supporting you.
:bighug:

enjoy the market and have a gluwein for me xx

Heyos *sheepish grin*

Wasn't very 100% yesterday but it was one of those mad cleaning and clearing days around the house to get the xmas tree up. Still loads of sorting out to do today and I'm trying to cook a roast dinner in the mini top oven as my fan oven has died on me, grrr!

Still, got a nicely gaudy overdressed tree in my living room now with a singing Xmas Gizmo so can't help but enjoy the warm and fuzzy feelings hehe.

Xmas market was really fun, though forgot my iphone so no pictures :( Will be going back once or twice probably given it's only down the road more or less. I did enjoy a gluwein or two for you Mandy lol My first taste of the stuff i'fact! Was very nice, hate to think of the syns though but might treat myself to one or two more on the next visits, I want to collect the cute gluwein cups they're doing this year :D

MCR_Market_Mug_WEB-515.jpg

(I got the pale blue one). Didn't buy much that was good for me, dutchman cookies and gingerbread streudel. Mostly went to look around for potential presents for folk and saw a few bits I'll be going back for. My son picked out a big old man puppet as a christmas present to get from me (he gets some from me, some from Santa and some from relatives now ;)). Will aim not to visit the cookieman again next time - my ultimate annual downfall :eek:

Soooo yeah... not very nice having to admit it but I put 3lbs on from the last week (and it was only 1lb on friday morning :eek:) Hope it goes away again quickly despite the potential difficulties with cooking this week now I am sans fan oven :sigh:

Will come do catching up on diaries soon, really sorry to have been awol over the last week xxxxxxx

:wavey: I wondered where you were. Was getting worried about you sweetie. I am so sorry to hear you gained. I feel bad telling you about slimpods now... I do think they are worth persevering with though if long term you want to get rid of hang ups with food. I am continuing to listen and find I just eat my meals now. No snacking and stop when full, so okay its been about a month now but its really sinking in and I don't crave choccie, don't fancy rubbish etc etc :D :bighug: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Awww no don't feel bad Jackie :bighug:To be honest I've not used them for the last couple of nights so don't really think slimpods are to blame for me being piggly - it's a habit that always seems to appear after I've been losing for a couple of months and I'm finding it a very hard habit to break :rolleyes:

Going to restart the 21 days tonight, and possibly try listening to them a bit earlier in the evening - I've been staying up too late so I end up too tired to listen to them just before sleeping :)

I hope you and your family are coping okay hun xxxxxxxxx

definately listen again. I do feel truely that long term they can only be good :D they really do seem to have totally changed my attitude to food.

Last night I felt lazy I so fancied chips or a takeaway... I ummed and arghed but its like my mind said 'no no no no takeaway make some chips' so I had chips I didn't even peel the spuds as was so lazy. I shoved them on a baking tray no par boiling, sprinkled 1 tbsp olive oil and some herbs tossed them around and cooked and had with chips and beans. Now a takeway would have been humungous syns but I chose a healthier option. It wasn't 100% sw but it was way better than I would have done before

Don't go backwards huni, write the positives down to you weight loss so far. Find a piccie you hate of yourself and look at it before you decide if you want to eat that norty food. Find what works for you again. You can do this and I won't let you go backwards. you have done so very very well, so come on sweetie, lets do this okay? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

do you think its the nov darker nights that are upsetting us all :eek::rolleyes:

welcome to the gain club honey, but we will have it gone asap i am sure.

i have made soup again and thing i am going to have a soup week :eek:

we will get there, i know exactly what you mean about the lose a chunk and then lose the will cos thats what i do too, but we will beat it together.

glad you enjoyed the gluwien its perfect for a cold night isn't it :D:D

i have birmingham, manchester and munich chrimbo market mugs in my collection :D:D

broadsbean said:
do you think its the nov darker nights that are upsetting us all :eek::rolleyes:

welcome to the gain club honey, but we will have it gone asap i am sure.

i have made soup again and thing i am going to have a soup week :eek:

we will get there, i know exactly what you mean about the lose a chunk and then lose the will cos thats what i do too, but we will beat it together.

glad you enjoyed the gluwien its perfect for a cold night isn't it :D:D

i have birmingham, manchester and munich chrimbo market mugs in my collection :D:D

I am still trying to catch up with all the diaries, I know what you mean about the cold, darks nights! Just screams cookies & Hot Chocolate! Lol

Then as Christmas gets closer and the Decs go up, all I want is a Huge glass. Of baileys and ice!! :-(

Lo, I also know what you mean about when you loose a chunk of weight!

In the past, once I have lost 2/3 stone and the compliments start, I just fall off plan! :-(

I refuse to let it happen this time.. I had a 4lb gain (over 2 weeks hols)! I have just made a HUGE pan of your Hot & Soup for this weeks lunches!

You have done AMAZING!! I think this is the first time you have had a gain.. You will soon be back on track Hunny xxxx

Sorry for being absent and a worry :eek:
:bighug:bigs hugs for all!

Mnph, not sure if it's from the overindulgences or I've poisoned myself with the dodgy oven but got a tummy upset :( Not safe being away from a bathroom too long so hope I'm alright while out on the school run shortly (sorry if tmi!) :eek: Struggling to drink enough water and such to keep hydrated, too cold!

I'm not quite 100% back on plan but I'm being a lot more sensible I think :) One full day in the office tomorrow then I'm having a few days off with covering childminding for m'mum while she's away. It'll restrict cooking a bit but will likely be on minimins a lot during the day to make up for my quietness of late :D

Craving a return visit to the xmas market already lol Wish we were all going this year :) I'll hold off the revisit for a week or two yet 'cause don't think the temptation will do my any favours right now lol

Mmn, soup week sounds good (so long as it isn't speed soup, bleh!). I should get in on that if it's the gain club's official food of choice this week ;)

Got to head out to school now (club night so he finishes at 4)... I'll be back once I get home to make a start on catching up with everyone, bet there's tonnes to read :eek: Hope I haven't missed any corkers of the calibre of groin cats, men trapped in tills and man magnet capers :8855:

Thanks Kally :)

I'm about to set off on my Trek through the Diary Backlog Mountains, I've provisions at the ready but this might be a journey with a few stops and starts :D

Back