LoChan's diary - hello!

Just popped in for a catch up. Well done on the weight loss :D

The carrot cake porridge sounds nice. I'll give that a try soon :)

I've decided to walk to pick my son up from his new school so I manage to fit the exercise in that way :) Might manage to walk both ways some days but yesterday we went to the park instead and got a lift home from my dad who works around half-way between our house and school.

Meaning to keep up three separate cardio sessions too - should do one today but don't really feel like it right now! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Just popped in for a catch up. Well done on the weight loss :D

The carrot cake porridge sounds nice. I'll give that a try soon :)

Thanks Tilly, feel like I'm on a good run atm :)

The porridge feels very virtuous with two of the five a day in there. It's an interesting find :)

Being really clumsy and scatter-brained today. Tried grabbing lunch quickly while still working and managed to marinade myself in bbq sauce. I dropped a big jar of home-made stuff onto the floor - it jumped up out of the bottle as it hit the floor and got me in the face, hair, all down the front then plopped over all onto the kitchen rug and various other places! :eek:

Miraculously there's still half a jar left lol But had to finish work a half-hour early to get showered before setting off for school :sigh:

Hope the rest of the day is less dramatic!

Last edited:
I got absolutely soaked despite my umbrella - horizontal downpours :mad:

Definitely not doing the extra cardio today as I've got to go shopping later and feeling knackered and cold already.

Son had a good day at least - he got the head teacher's gold award (don't know how these work yet, new for us) for work on an animation project yesterday. He had a mcdonalds for a treat on the way home from school, I had a cappuccino and an alpen bar heh, least I was virtuous despite my foul mood :)

Mn, it doesn't seem like a really bad thing now but it might come back to haunt me later. Went shopping, felt really horrible all the way round with stomach cramps and feeling sick around the dairy section for some reason. It didn't stop me buying a three pack of mini fru cheesecakes (around 8 syns each) and a box of mini toblerones and a box of celebrations. I think I can be sensible (that might be because I'm feeling rough right now though) - I gave my dad one of the cheesecakes at least heh.

Today's food:

B - wholemeal toast (hexb), peanut butter (3 syns), jam (1 syn), chopped banana - mmm.

L - roasted squash soup (abel and cole recipe) with a tbsp of parmesan (1.5 syns), sweetcorn & courgette fritters (2 syns) - I'd share the fritter recipe but they weren't very good, needs some work.

Snack - 2 alpen lights (hexb) with an MDs coffee (4.5 syns) Treated myself to a can of pepsi max too.

D - potato skins again (hexa), cilantro cream and salad. Strawberries and lime mousse

Evening - milky coffee (hexa) and 2 mini toblerones (3 syns).

Just the 2.5 miles walking today, wonder if you burn more calories with the wind/rain resistance... we can dream lol

Zumba for the wii ordered. Also some american treats of canned pumpkin, 100 calorie reese wafer bars, some granola bars and some graham crackers. Should be spending the weekend cooking and shimmying :)

Mmn spicy Yogi Choco tea for me, need the warmth - it was so cold this morning!

48617-yogi-choco-tea.jpg

Need to stock up, been getting through all my teabags really quickly now the weather's going nasty.

hehe, i get zumba tomorrow, as i convinced hubby to buy it for me on his way home from work, its his payday tomorrow xx
If i am honest i prob miss the school run somedays, i don't drive so used to always walk it kept my weight steady i think as it worked out to 3 miles a day. don't think my 2 would apprieciate now lol
hope it was drier today xx

is that chocolate flavoured tea? :eek: if it is, thats amazing!

im sorry but i did laugh at your scatter brained day.. defo sounds like something that would happen to me!

soup and sweetcorn fritters sound yum :drool:

hehe, i get zumba tomorrow, as i convinced hubby to buy it for me on his way home from work, its his payday tomorrow xx
If i am honest i prob miss the school run somedays, i don't drive so used to always walk it kept my weight steady i think as it worked out to 3 miles a day. don't think my 2 would apprieciate now lol
hope it was drier today xx

I think walking works really well for me too while trying to lose weight (though my heel keeps splitting from where I got a blister the other day). I suppose it won't work when I get down to a much lower weight but it's easy and serves a dual purpose for now. Managed to miss the rain today and even got the son to walk home so did around 4.5 miles today!

is that chocolate flavoured tea? :eek: if it is, thats amazing!

im sorry but i did laugh at your scatter brained day.. defo sounds like something that would happen to me!

soup and sweetcorn fritters sound yum :drool:

I can laugh at it myself now, it was more of an 'oh crap' moment at the time though. And I just realised last night that it's splattered all the ceiling aswell :eek: It'll probably have to stay there now until I can afford a new kitchen, the ceiling's really high I can't reach on a ladder lol

Last edited:
How much is it and how many syns for the chocolate tea and does it stop choccie cravings?

The tea is free, no calories in it. I got mine from www.teaworld.co.uk at £1.99 for a box of 15 bags - they have lots of different varieties and brands but I really like the yogi ones. It doesn't taste like hot chocolate or anything it's more a subtle hint with spices like cinnamon. I'm just drinking it as it is but you can have it with milk and sweetener.

I have the jamaica and ginger & lemon ones too which are also nice. You can sometimes buy them from holland and barrett but not as much variety.

They do one called throat coat which tastes odd but is really good for sore throats, I always have a box in for emergencies :)

ok, silly question time, do they taste like tea. i don't drink tea or coffee cos i don't like them, but sometimes when it is cold i fancy a hot drink. occassionaly like herbel tea but always looking for new flavours

The yogi ones seem to be quite strongly blended so they taste less like tea and more like the spices/flavour it says on the box.

I'm quite picky about my herbal teas - really don't like some of the ones in the supermarket that are meant to be fruity, smell fruity but taste nothing like the smell!

Celestial Seasonings are another nice brand and around a pound for a box of 10 (if you can find them) - I tried their bengal spice one this week and I've run out already, really spicy with a natural sweetness.

It probably does depend on the individual palette if it appeals to you though. Case of trial and error :)

Felt much better today moodwise - I got a lot of work (the paid kind) done today and think that always helps.

Did around 4.5 miles in the MBTs today (the child grumbled about walking home but was feeling more cheerful when we were nearly there). Also made myself do a slam-man boxing session - didn't put a huge amount of effort in but it's better than not doing it at all!

Bought this weird purple cauliflower on the way home, not sure if you do anything special with it, just loved it's vibrancy!
It's so purple!.jpg

Today's food:

B - waffles (mmmmm :D hexb & 0.5 syns), breakfast syrup (1 syn), chopped banana

L - potato skins (hexa) and roast squash soup. 3 small plums.
Soup 'n skins.jpg

Snack - activia peach yog & 3 small plums

T - Quorn biriyani (cheated and used a sharwoods jar, 3 syns), spur of the moment veggie bhajis, yoghurt and spices dip, chutney (1 syn) and a poppadom (1.5syns).
Semi-frozen sour cherries and fat-free vanilla yoghurt.
Curry night.jpg

Evening - milky coffee (hexa), fibre plus (hexb), 4 mini toblerones (6 syns).

Bit of a mini chocolate binge in the evening there but within the plan so don't feel too bad about it :D

Argh :ashamed0005: Really upset and stressed.

My son's school transport turned up about 15 minutes early and we weren't ready for it - I was in the bathroom half-dressed and brushing my teeth so I ended up panicking and shouting. Not shouting -at- him specifically but it was shouting and my son looked really stressed out and on the verge of tears when the driver collected him from the house since he only met them on monday and he takes a while to be comfortable with new people so I don't think that helped - I had no shoes on so didn't have time to walk him to the taxi myself. Worried he'll make himself sick as he's done that before when he's stressed out.

I've phoned school to let them know what happened so they can tell the special needs teacher as he's done so well so far this week and it's possible he'll have a bad day because of this now. So will I most likely, feeling really stressed and guilty now. Hoping they'll ring me in a bit to let me know how he is :cry:

Back