LoChan's diary - hello!

Hiya I've just had a nosey at your diary. Your food looks lovely.

I love cheesecake. Does the one you made actually taste like cheesecake. I just wondered cos it doesn't have a biscuit base.

I'm impressed with you doing Davina. I used to breeze through that every day but haven't done it for quite a while. Had a go a few weeks ago and thought I was gonna die and I don't think I'd got past the warm up :eek:

Hiya I've just had a nosey at your diary. Your food looks lovely.

I love cheesecake. Does the one you made actually taste like cheesecake. I just wondered cos it doesn't have a biscuit base.

I'm impressed with you doing Davina. I used to breeze through that every day but haven't done it for quite a while. Had a go a few weeks ago and thought I was gonna die and I don't think I'd got past the warm up :eek:

Hiya Tillymax,

The cheesecake tastes a bit different to what's 'normal' for over here - it's texture is a bit closer to a very light sponge. It's possibly close in flavour to polish cheesecake in a mild kind of way with a nice lemony 'fresh' smell from the zest. It definitely needs a bit of chopped fruit with it but it's a great alternative. I don't think I tried this when I went to Japan for real a few years a go but I've had it from a chinese bakery in Manchester and the version I made tastes pretty much the same if slightly lighter.

I tried making a strawberry cheesecake the other week with a biscuit base but didn't really enjoy that much since the base had to be pretty thin to have reasonable syns. For a biscuit base one I think I'd rather just treat myself to some polish cheesecake from my local deli now and again rather than attempt a sw version.

I've had the power of three dvd for years and used it quite regularly last time I was losing weight. Unfortunately that was nearly two years ago so my body had a bit of a shock being put through it again after all this time lol I'm steering away from anything to do with core exercises atm though I probably should do those. Just I don't feel comfortable doing sit ups and things yet, tum gets in the way :eek:

I'll get to those further down the road :)

Urgh, so tired today - excuse this paragraph as it's full of moaning! First had trouble getting to sleep, still with the sore backside which weirdly made turning over in bed quite painful. Who knew you used your bum muscles for that? :eek: Then had nightmares again so didn't stay asleep for very long. I did some walking in my MBTs today and one of them bit a chunk in my ankle, think I must be walking funny from the soreness so they rubbed :sigh:

Still, I also made myself do a half hour cardio with a warm up, slamman boxing and a cool down. I felt pleased with myself that I did it afterwards. :)

Today - EE again with some food replays.

B - strawberries and ww yoghurt

L - Speed soup and bacon, crackerbread (hexb)

D - Sticky maple chicken (2 syns) this time with some steamed spinach and vegetable rice (fried some onion and garlic in frylight then added a bit of water and chicken bovril and simmered for 5 mins. Then added some cooked long-grain rice and broccoli florets - yum :D).
Japanese cheesecake (5 syns) and strawberries (it's replaced Eton Mess this week!).
Sticky chicken with rice.jpg

Just ate the leftovers of the apple crumble from yesterday (6.5 syns) and enjoyed every mouthful. Looking forward to a milky coffee shortly then should probably glug a load of sleepytime tea and get up to bed.

Night folks :sigh2:

how many days until your next WI Lo? I'm interested to see how the speed soup helps you :) xxx

how many days until your next WI Lo? I'm interested to see how the speed soup helps you :) xxx

My WI is on saturday morning. Think this speed soup challenge is making me really impatient this week, don't want to get my hopes too high though since I just had a fab loss on my last WI.

Trying to decide which of the challenges to do next week to take my mind off things - already aiming for 30mins exercise a day as a general aim not a weekly challenge. Hmn :thinking2:

Rach I just noticed you started your diet on my birthday lol Well done on your losses so far - you need to add that 1.5lbs to your total lost :)

Have you got a diary on minimins?

dont do the scanbran one :jelous: after you made that lush looking cheesecake i thought i'd try making carrot cake so got a recipe off here.. i didnt measure things out exactly and it was foul.. never had scanbran until today.. dont think i will have it again soon :p

and yes i do, i am in the silver members section :)

http://www.minimins.com/silver-members-diary/180387-rachs-new-start-53.html

but anyway, roll on saturday morning I cant wait to find out if the soup was worth it.. are you liking it yet or is it still a chore to eat? x

Oh god I hate the scanbran cake too lol I don't mind having it like ryvita - with something like cheese and tomatoes on top is alright. I think I'll try a green week, save some money on meat lol

I think with the speed soup, because you just bung everything in the pan (or in my case the slow-cooker as my biggest pan wasn't big enough), the flavours don't work so well. If I make it again I'd probably brown the onions off with some garlic and herbs first to get the flavours going a bit.

Once I found both tabasco and worcester sauce are syn-free it's not been so bad lol Also I've been eating it alongside something else which helps. I made some yummy sweet potato houmous today and had that with the soup and crackerbreads.

I've only got one more bowl left now (though started last friday so that's a full week). I think the last one will taste pretty good 'cause I know that'll be it for a long time lol

hahaha thats a class reason to enjoy your last bowl :D

sweet tattie houmous sounds absolutely gorgeous.. i love houmous.. strangely not had any since i started SW yet though! xx

It's another britmumincanada recipe Baked Sweet Potato Hummus | Slimming Eats - Slimming World Recipes
I keep trying her recipes 'cause they always seem to turn out perfectly. Though I added a lot more garlic and garlic powder to my houmous, think it's just personal taste though.

Don't think my OH will be impressed with my garlicky breath when he gets home :p

well i would hope so.. wouldnt want to post them on a cooking site if they werent! ;)

to be fair, i've tried a few and they have been lovely - but like you said some can be adapted to suit more personal taste :)

is pumpkin quite sweet naturally? what do you reckon a savoury pumpkin scone would be like? x

Oh god I hate the scanbran cake too lol I don't mind having it like ryvita - with something like cheese and tomatoes on top is alright. I think I'll try a green week, save some money on meat lol

I think with the speed soup, because you just bung everything in the pan (or in my case the slow-cooker as my biggest pan wasn't big enough), the flavours don't work so well. If I make it again I'd probably brown the onions off with some garlic and herbs first to get the flavours going a bit.

Once I found both tabasco and worcester sauce are syn-free it's not been so bad lol Also I've been eating it alongside something else which helps. I made some yummy sweet potato houmous today and had that with the soup and crackerbreads.

I've only got one more bowl left now (though started last friday so that's a full week). I think the last one will taste pretty good 'cause I know that'll be it for a long time lol

Hi LoChan,

I know how you feel about the soup!! :D I dont think I could have it again for a while!! LOL

I will be interested to se how it effects your weight? I did'nt see the big loss I was hoping for. :cry:

The Houmous sounds sooo Yummy! I will be trying that!!! :D

well i would hope so.. wouldnt want to post them on a cooking site if they werent! ;)

to be fair, i've tried a few and they have been lovely - but like you said some can be adapted to suit more personal taste :)

is pumpkin quite sweet naturally? what do you reckon a savoury pumpkin scone would be like? x

It is a bit like sweet potato so it does have a natural sweetness yeah. Though if I think about it, I reckon pumpkin and parmesan scones would work quite well, maybe with a bit of rosemary... Hmn I must get some pumpkin in and have an experimental weekend in my lab/kitchen hehe.

Hi LoChan,

I know how you feel about the soup!! :D I dont think I could have it again for a while!! LOL

I will be interested to se how it effects your weight? I did'nt see the big loss I was hoping for. :cry:

The Houmous sounds sooo Yummy! I will be trying that!!! :D

The houmous is really yummy and works really well with the flavour of wholemeal crispbreads, and it's so easy to make too. I've got a nice big jar of it left in the fridge to have whenever :)

I know you had a disappointing result with the soup which is making me worry. I'll ending up thinking of all the much nicer meals I could of had instead of the blasted soup if it makes hardly any difference lol

Hoping it combined with exercise works well though, and I need to do measurements this saturday - didn't take any at the start, d'oh :d'oh:

How have you gotten on with the exercise this week? x

Hurrah! I got through another 30 minutes with Davina today and it seems to have cured the sore backside lol We'll see if it still feels fine in the morning though, it seems the muscle ache creeps up on me like that!

Been a slow sort of day today - ended up getting up with the OH at 8am to see him off to work then went straight to the sofa and slept through until 12 :eek: Think my brain needed a rest and I am on holiday this week so I suppose it's allowed...

Green today - enjoying trying new things and looking forward to trying a green challenge for next week, tea was fab :D

B - weetabix toffee oaty bar (hexb) and ww yoghurt

L - speed soup, crackerbread (hexb) and houmous.

Afternoon - milky coffee (hexa) and japanese cheesecake (the last piece! 5 syns) and strawberries

T - Couscous & cannelini bean burgers (with 1 tsp sesame oil 2 syns), griddled veggies (with 1 tsp olive oil 2 syns, lemon juice and herbs), portion low-fat feta (hexa). Syn-free lemon mousse.

Couscous & cannelini bean burgers.jpg

The red things were supposed to be the sunblush tomatoes from the last SW mag issue - they ended up in the bin, they were all burned and dried up :( Glad I only made four whole tomatoes worth instead of wasting 20!

are the burgers from slimming eats? what were they like? they look lovely! xxx

They were absolutely gorgeous, especially when cooked in a little sesame oil :D

No they were a random lucky find on t'internet - Couscous And Cannellini Bean Burgers Recipe - Taste.com.au

I left out the 2tbsp of olive oil and just used the tsp of oil for cooking them to help the outside crisp up and seal. Also avoided the turkish bread lol

My food processor was busy yesterday making these and the houmous :)

Hmm I don't feel so great. Was meant to be going out with my son for the day at Manchester's Science and Industry Museum (he's science mad so it's fun for him as well as educational!) but I've been stuck in waiting for an organic fruit and veg box, it was expected early morning but hasn't turned up yet. Don't want them leaving it outside the house as the front is really open and I'm worried it'll get nicked. I'm frustrated and I'm upset because my son is upset and disappointed. He's at my mum's tonight so I've said I'll pick him up early tomorrow morning and we'll go then but he's still a bit worked up (he's autistic so changing plans can be difficult for him). Not nice letting your son down :(

Haven't done anything naughty foodwise, though I'm just having a weetabix oaty bar as a snack but not really hungry. Though I've been getting sitting-down dizzy spells this morning which I haven't had for a couple of months so maybe the sugar was needed?

Just feeling a bit lost, wanting to do yoga or something to calm down but I'm fretting the veg box will turn up while I'm doing it and it'll spoil it. Grrr!

They finally turned up after three but they'd left my rhubarb out of the box :mad: Was looking forward to rhubarb crumble this weekend! Not a great impression made on my first delivery but I've had worse with a different organics company - they left my first box next to next door's wheelie bin at 4am during a non-stop downpour period, didn't even leave a note through my door to say where the box was so it was left out there all morning until I rang up to say where's my stuff - the bread had been left sat on top of the (cardboard) box in holey cellophane so everything was a soggy mess, mushrooms sitting in a little cardboard bath etc :eek:

Anywho - my son cheered up after some toast and some of his smelling stuff (his new teacher put some of her de-stress aromatherapy oil on him when he was freaking out about a daytrip last term and oddly enough it seems to do the trick!). He spent most of the afternoon on the Wii with just dance and lego games. Looking forward to a nice day with him tom'ow, though will have to be careful foodwise as will be taking him to mcdonalds for lunch.

Today's food - Green day

B - pancakes (hexb + 0.5 syns), breakfast syrup (1 syn), peach and raspberries

Snack - weetabix oaty bar (4 syns)

L- the LAST bowl of speed soup :happy036: sweet potato houmous and crackerbread (hexb). Ww yoghurt

D - same as yesterday, veggie burgers, grilled veg and feta and another blob of houmous - 4 syns for oil

Evening - milky coffee (hexa) and kitkat (5.5 syns).

Riding high on the syns and sugar today heh, not felt the need for a bit and at least I stayed on track. To de-stress I did 30 mins of a new yoga dvd, started making some bread which I'll finish tomorrow or at the weekend (enjoyed the kneading and pounding, it won't be very low-syn though hmm :() and I made lentil dhal for tomorrow.

Thinking I might try a mix 2 max day tomorrow - I meant to have a red day to say t'rah to meat for the week but I really fancied the dhal, odd lol. So will go half-and-half. Probably make being out easier as I can take some alpens to eat in mcdonalds and have a late lunch when we get back, sensible :)

Back