Long time reader first time poster... Howdy All!

da-na-na-na

Hiya all!

I have been reading the forum for a few weeks now but never really introduced myself so... here I be.

My name is Dana I'm from Norfolk and am currently on my 17th day of CD SS 100%.

Would love to get to know you and maybe join some groups.

Be nice to hear from some of you!

D x

Hiya Dana - im sarah, not from norfolk - but wisbech area instead - well done for doing 17 days of SS, how are you getting on with it?

Much better being a poster then a lurker ;)

Hi Sarah! Ha ha I felt naughty mooching rather than posting!
You're just up the road from me then.

I'm not finding it too bad at all tbh.
I think what I am struggling with the most is not being able to go to the gym as often as I used to as i just dont have the energy. It will right it's self though i have no doubt.

Some days are hard but I just have to remind myself of the results.
I'm living on the shakes at the moment as i just cant get on with Soups.

How about you how are you getting on with it?

x

Hello Dana

I am Victoria from the Kent/Essex border. I have been on ss for 15 days and am actually quite enjoying it now (1st days was dreadful but it does gett better). The weight loss is fab and a great motivation for me as i have quite a bit to loose.

The cd teams are great to join as they give you that bit more motivation and support so i would recommend that.

How have you found SS?? I am not keen on the soups either but quitye look forward to my Banana shake for breakfast, choclate or strawberry for lunch and then a mint choc or choclate mix-a-mouse in the evening.

I did try the chocolate bar yesterday and it was so nice to chew something! I am only going to have 2 / 3 a week tho as more of a treat rather than 1 a day that your allowed.

Hi Victoria!

I'm really enjoying it also.
My goal is to get to 9.5 stone before my holiday in Hawaii in September. I was 15 stone a few years back but trained to hard at the gym I managed to get down to 10 stone last March for my wedding. However since then I have gained 2 stone and so decided to give this a shot. i'm so very determined and focused am impatient tho ha ha.

I agree banana shakes rock! Not tried choc mint tho as wasn't sure I liked the sound of it. Not tried and bars yet either but if I do, I should imagine I will alos do it how you are. I think I may have forgotton how to chew tho! ha ha

How do I go about joining a team?

x

Hi Victoria!

I'm really enjoying it also.
My goal is to get to 9.5 stone before my holiday in Hawaii in September. I was 15 stone a few years back but trained to hard at the gym I managed to get down to 10 stone last March for my wedding. However since then I have gained 2 stone and so decided to give this a shot. i'm so very determined and focused am impatient tho ha ha.

I agree banana shakes rock! Not tried choc mint tho as wasn't sure I liked the sound of it. Not tried and bars yet either but if I do, I should imagine I will alos do it how you are. I think I may have forgotton how to chew tho! ha ha

How do I go about joining a team?

x

The mint choc is lush with mix-a-mousse but not sure i would drink as a shake either.

At the top of the forum it says cd teams. You can advertise for a space on there and look to see if any teams have vacancys.

Thanks Victoria shall do x

Hi Sarah! Ha ha I felt naughty mooching rather than posting!
You're just up the road from me then.

I'm not finding it too bad at all tbh.
I think what I am struggling with the most is not being able to go to the gym as often as I used to as i just dont have the energy. It will right it's self though i have no doubt.

Some days are hard but I just have to remind myself of the results.
I'm living on the shakes at the moment as i just cant get on with Soups.

How about you how are you getting on with it?

x

Not bad actually! I have 3 porridges a day and it suits me fine and the hungar pangs etc no longer bother me. Water and tea etc satisfy me and tbh ive got better things to do then obsess over food!

Oh thats good Sarah!
I couldnt get on with the porridge but am now managing black tea and coffee which is a result!

Hi Dana, I'm another Norfolk Gal but am over in raining ole Norwich! I'm only on day 1 of a re-start (after having a baby) so have a way to go yet - Well done you for getting to Day 17! I'm going to be living on the shakes too as i just don't like the soups.

Hiya Rayven!

Oh congrats on the baby bless ya!
We can be shake sistas lol All the soups taste the same to me... ming lol I'm quite happy with the shakes though x

Hi, I am also new to this site but it's the first time I'm returning to CD seriously, with the intention of actually losing weight!!

I'm already in Ketosis and do not feel as bad as I thought I would. I can now cook food for the kids and not be fazed by it. I'm meeting my CDC this evening and I can't wait to see the results.

What I wondered was, what happens to your skin when you lose the weight so rapidly? If anyone can help with this question, I'd really appreciate some help as I fear I might face another battle when I lose the weight!

Thanks

Sonya

Hi Sonya!

Good luck for your WI this evening hope it goes well!

As for the skin thing I'm currently on day 17 and so far so good.
I am working out and toning at the gym 3/4 days a week and I moisturise with coco butter like crazy so tbh nothing drastic has happened to my skin that I have noticed however it is still early days for me.

I've heard (so don't quote me! lol) that your skin can take anything up to a year to catch up with your body when you lose a lot of weight very quickly so you may have some problems with excess or saggy skin for a while. Best thing you can do to help this is drink plenty of water (which you're probably already doing already) and moisturise daily to help your skin retain its elasticity.
In drastic circumstances some people need to have it surgically removed. I know icemoose had a tummy tuck to get rid of his.
I wouldn't worry too much though - one step at a time. *hugs*

Back