loobieluck

Wanna be loser!!
Breakfast:-

2 x Weetabix (healthy extra 'b' choice),
350ml Skimmed Milk (healthy extra 'a' choice),
Banana.

Lunch:-

Jacket Potato,
Chilli Con Carne (have synned this as 8 syns...was eating out in Debenhams and they don't do beans :eek:, and I thought cheese would be much higher... the portions are pretty stingy anyway as it goes, lol),
Side Salad.

Tea:-

Spaghetti,
Extra Lean Mince,
Passata,
Onion,
Mushrooms,
Peppers,
Garlic.

Snacks:-

Mini Milk (1.5 syns),
Cadburys Light Chocolate Mousse (3 syns),
Banana,
Apple,
Orange.

Syns consumed = 13 so far...as it's my first day on the plan I'm going to have the full allowance and have an Options Instant Chocolate Sachet.

Also doing a water challenge of 2 litres a day for 3 weeks...almost had 2 litres. Going from someone who barely drinks any water to drinking 2 litres has resulted in a lot of toilet trips :rolleyes: Hopefully my body will get used to this though, lol.

Lou xx

Well done on your 1st day! Today was my 1st day too and I too decided to post a food diary to hope I'll be more controlled!

Good luck :) x

Well done on your 1st day! Today was my 1st day too and I too decided to post a food diary to hope I'll be more controlled!

Good luck :) x

Thanks, you too =] I shall have a gander at your food diary xx

Well done, day 1 over with, have you planned your menu for tomorrow yet? Keep the diary up I find it really motivational and I am naturally nosey so love finding inspiration in others' diaries.

Good luck for your first wi, donna x

Thanks Donna :)

I always have a good idea what I'm going to eat, cooking my lunch right now actually as I had the biggest lie-in I've ever had, oops!!

I shall put the completed diary on later =]

xx

Day 2

Not had a bad day at all today, I had a massive de-clutter of my cupboards the other day...and now find I am pretty much syn-free!! So, I went to and bought some Snack-a-jacks just to make sure I'm having enough syns a day :).

28g porridge oats (healthy extra 'b')
275ml skimmed milk (healthy extra 'a'),
I then put mixed berries on top of my porridge with a bit of a concoction I made out of low fat fromage frais and quark http://www.minimins.com/sw-sizzling-summer-recipes/183626-tastes-almost-good-double-cream.html

Chicken thighs (roasted),
Sweet potato mash,
Roast potatoes (done in frylight),
Mushrooms,
Onions,
Peppers and
Garden peas.

Batchelors Sweet Thai Chilli Super Noodles.

Orange,
Apple,
Salt and Vinegar Snack-a-Jacks (5.5 syns),
Mini Milk (1.5 syns),
Cadburys Light Chocolate Mousse (3.5 syns),
Options Hot Chocolate (2 syns). (with a mix of the 75ml skimmed milk remaining).

Total syns = 12

Hopefully today has been a good day?! Tomorrow for lunch I think I'm going to make a massive load of pasta up and mix in some passata and some herbs and add some lean bacon to the mix :)

Lou xx

Last edited:
so...what time did you get up???

you are so organised, i love your menu today x

:d'oh: erm, 1pm!!! I had a terrible sleep though, and had a pretty bad headache last night and early on this morning :(

I'm trying to be organised, that way I don't eat naughty foods :p Thank you =] xx

Good luck loobieluck - your diary looks really good. I love getting ideas from other people. I am on ee though - I find it easier as I have not quite got the hang of red or green days. This will be the year to slimdon!!! xx

Good luck loobieluck - your diary looks really good. I love getting ideas from other people. I am on ee though - I find it easier as I have not quite got the hang of red or green days. This will be the year to slimdon!!! xx

Thank you missfatpants, good luck to you too :) I am also on Extra Easy - I don't see the point dilly dallying with red and green days, especially when it comes to convenience eating etc :) Keep me posted on your success, we'll get there together :) xx

Day 3

Became a bit stuck today when looking through my cupboards and fridge/freezer...not much food in to add variety to my day, so my diary is a bit random to say the least (especially tea lol). Stomach has been a bit off today, not sure if it's because I'm eating more fruit :confused:

28g porridge oats (healthy 'b'),
350ml skimmed milk (healthy 'a'),
Banana.

Pasta twists,
Passata,
Lean bacon,
Peppers.

Jacket potato,
Baked Beans,
Cous-Cous.

Seafood sticks,
Low fat fromage frais and quark mix (as mentioned yesterday) with berried,
Apple,
Pineapple,
Snack-a-jacks (5.5 syns),
Mini Milk (1.5 syns),
Options Hot Chocolate (2 syns).

Total Syns = 9

Lou xx

hiya loobieluck - noticed you only live in leeds not far. yes definitly keep in touch - weight in on monday so will let you know my first weeks loss!! hope it is a loss lol! btw is low fat fromage frais free - i had some ww fromage frais last night less than 3%. I get a bit confused with this. I got some fromage frais from morrisons the other day and that was less than 1% virtually fat free so I counted that as free. do i do right?
xx

hiya loobieluck - noticed you only live in leeds not far. yes definitly keep in touch - weight in on monday so will let you know my first weeks loss!! hope it is a loss lol! btw is low fat fromage frais free - i had some ww fromage frais last night less than 3%. I get a bit confused with this. I got some fromage frais from morrisons the other day and that was less than 1% virtually fat free so I counted that as free. do i do right?
xx

Hey again :), Where abouts do you live? I'm sure it will be a loss...for a start, first weeks usually are ;) I've just had a quick look and the fromage frais I order - Tesco Light Choices Natural Fromage Frais is free, just checked the Syns online section of the SW website and the only ones on the syns online search are flavoured? If so they range in syn value from 1/2 a syn (Summer fruits, strawberry 100g pot), to 1 1/2 syns (Blackberry 100g pot and the Cherry 100g pot). The Morrisons Fromage Frais, depending on whether it is flavoured or not, is either free (Eat Smart, Natural Fromage Frais, 500g pot) or 1/2 syn (Eat Smart, Diet, Apricot Fromage Frais, 100g pot).

So, it seems if you stick to super market ranges that are listed as a light choice/low in fat/eat smart etc etc WITHOUT flavouring it'll be free....obviously the flavouring is making them higher in syn values. Try adding under 2kcal sweetner to your fromage frais, and mixed berries etc - can make loads and it'll all be syn free :D.

Hope this helps :confused:

xx

Hi Loobieluck more fruit could be upsetting your tum it did my friend,could just be change in diet in general like a clear out :)
your diaries look great and being organised defnately works..i norma;;y have my lunch organised due to work and a rough idea for dinner but not as good as you :) you look to be doing great dear well done ..jan

Hey Jan, nice to meet you :) I was thinking it could be the introduction of more fruit. Usually I would eat a fair bit of vege but not fruit...now I'm trying to eat a lot of fruit as an alternative to snacking on crisps, etc =] Will see how my bowels are in a few weeks, as I should hope my stomach will have settled down by then :rolleyes:

Thanks for the feedback on the diary :) I'm not that organised today, lol... I have 6 eggs which have to be eaten, and the only other food I have in the cupboards (aside from pasta/noodles etc which I have had this week) is potatoes...so I'm currently trawling the internet looking for recipes for potatoes and eggs. Spanish Omelette minus the tomatoes is looking likely right now. I have some frozen peppers and onion to add to it...just hope it tastes nice :confused:

xx

i must admit i don't count fromage frais as a syn, because even its half a syn by time you have served up the portion the syn value is neglible in my eyes! and i use it a LOT, i also think of the difference it makes inside, no fatty cream clogging the heart and arteries!

i enjoyed your random day, look forward to tomorrow x

hi loobieluck.

Yes it was natural fromage frais. - the weight watchers one was absolutely delicious! it had less than 3% instead of less than 1% fat so I thought it would be more syns. Think I may have over counted my syns. Thats good few more syns play with. I am from dishforth - Just of the a1m1 interchange near boroughbridge and where all those blooming roadworks are. Thanks for your help on fromage frais.
xxx

i must admit i don't count fromage frais as a syn, because even its half a syn by time you have served up the portion the syn value is neglible in my eyes! and i use it a LOT, i also think of the difference it makes inside, no fatty cream clogging the heart and arteries!

i enjoyed your random day, look forward to tomorrow x

I guess things being 1/2 a syn is quite negligible...that is until maybe those small differences would make the difference in losing weight and staying the same. When I was a member before a lady never syn'd up a yogurt which was 1 syn...and her weight stalled, similarly to those who don't measure out the healthy extras etc.

Lol, my random day has been indeed random!! I'm feeling particularly hungry today but I think that's because I have very little to do :sigh: Shall update my diary later xx

hi loobieluck.

Yes it was natural fromage frais. - the weight watchers one was absolutely delicious! it had less than 3% instead of less than 1% fat so I thought it would be more syns. Think I may have over counted my syns. Thats good few more syns play with. I am from dishforth - Just of the a1m1 interchange near boroughbridge and where all those blooming roadworks are. Thanks for your help on fromage frais.
xxx

I can't have fromage frais without sweetner etc, lol... I have a massive sweet tooth! May try the WW one then, the Tesco one isn't nice unless I put plenty of sweetner in it! Ahhh, think I have heard of Dishforth before :) Any time, I hope I helped. I confuse myself a lot of the time :p

xx

Day 3

I've had a funny sort of day today - not been out anywhere, so had to make do with the dwindling contents of my cupboards and fridge :( I hate this unemployedness malarky :( Had an experiment which I will not be repeating again, the 'Spanish' omelette didn't taste all that :rolleyes:

2 x Weetabix
Banana
350ml skimmed milk
Less than 2kcal sweetner.

My home made 'Spanish' Omelette (do NOT try this at home..lol) 6 eggs, 3 sweet potatoes, sweetcorn, peas, peppers and onion....after being cooked all fried with the egg using fry-light and seasoned with black pepper. Wasn't that nice...at all!!

Feeling a bit yucky after my lunch so just had a simple Mug Shot - chicken flavour :)

Mini Milk (1.5 syns),
Cadburys Light Chocolate Mousse (3.5 syns),
Salt and Vinegar Snackajacks (5.5 syns),
Apple,
1/2 yellow melon,
Mixed berries.

And I plan to have an Options Hot Choc (2 syns) using my remaining bit of milk, topping up with boiling water, before bed :)

Total syns = 12.5

God knows what I'm going to have tomorrow, can't afford any shopping until Tuesday :(

xx

Back