Looking for a buddy

Manx_yessir

Busy Mum needs buddy

Hi there Ladies and Gents, I'm half way through my fourth week of Cambridge, I started on step 2, dropped to SS+, then did SS last week, I really struggled this week and changed back up to SS+. I've got two young children and finding it hard to avoid picking at their food (I've resisted so far - quite proud of my will power), I think I'd like a buddy or two to share this experience with and give and provide support to each other on our weight loss journey..

I started on 30 September at 14st 5lb and weighed in at 13st 2lb on Monday (BMI 33.6). My goal is 9.5st!

Hi I just started today thinking of doing ss+ rather than planned ss. My stating weigh is 13st 4lbs and am aiming for 9st 7lbs at 5ft 6. Would be good to share the experience as I'm scared of the next few days ahead x

Hi,

I'm on SS+ now too after 2 weeks of SS and losing 12lbs so farr (11lb then a 1lb) I hoep the SS+ still works for me, you seem to be doing very well on it though, it is nice to actually chew something again, although the 3 meal replacements a day had almost become a way of life :)

Keep going you're doing great :)

Hi michele1975

Yes My CDC said the weight loss difference between the SS and SS+ is negligible, and I was doing OK on the SS, but not going to loo (sorry) even with the Cambridge Fibre and the occasional Senakot I only went twice in 14 days so the CDC said I had no choice , I had to move up, I'm now hoping for an improvement all round :)

i have an 11 month old and the first 2 weeks i noticed how much i 'taste' her food, but now i dont even think about it (week 4 2moro). I have heard that if you find yourself picking the leftovers then put loads of salt on them so you arent tempted, or even washing up liquid! x

Thank you everyone, great, LouMo will be great to hear how you get on and hopefully we can help you too. It's so nice to have support. :)
Michele1975 & shrinkingalice - I was shocked by how much of the kids food I'd nibble on! Just a bite here and there all adds up! My counselor suggested putting washing up liquid straight onto the food when they had finished. Although I just try and get it in the bin asap and that works.
My down fall was always chocolate and cake, but I've not craved any at all since starting Cambridge. I can finally see what I was doing wrong and have my goals firmly set, although I do have moments of temptation!
Nickiep43, I've had kids so poo talk isn't too bad! Ha ha. Hope you're not too uncomfortable now, are you doing 4 products or 3 with food?
I'm doing the SS+ but 4 products rather than food this week, it is easier than picking food, you just wiz it up and Walla. I'll be excited when I'm back to normal food again though :) x

Well only a three pound loss this week, but better than a gain. However it is TTOM so think this might have affected the weigh in? Had anyone else noticed this? On the plus side I got some lemon bars to try! Hope they are tasty as I am really missing munching. :)
How are you all getting on?

Oh the Lennon bar was delicious last night :) just what I needed! It was nice to chew something again.

I've got a hen party on Friday, I'm defo not drinking, but hoping I can stick to just a chicken salad! So far when I've been out I've just had water and no food, but as I only know the hen I'd feel really uncomfortable not eating anything :( do you have any tips for these situations? X

you could phone the restaurant first and explain that is has to be grilled chicken with nothing on it and green salad only. ask if they ve got any coke zero if you want something other than water to drink. its not ideal but apparently and i ve checked with cambridge themselves it is the best one as the sweeteners used in it SHOULD not effect ketosis. if it not possible to have chicken try to keep it to a protein based meal, steak is one you can get without all the extra sauces.
and most importantly of all enjoy no matter what happens tomorrow is another day
jx

That's a brilliant idea! I'll phone them this week :) thank you. Lucky for me I've always drank a lot of water, so the drink aspect isn't too bad. I have looked at the menu and know they do a Caesar salad, so if the worst comes to the worst I could order that and just eat the chicken and salad x

Hello all,

Im new here and this is my first post, so I hope I get to meet some nice people, I'll start with giving a little background.

I'm starting the Cambridge diet again on Monday, I had to stop a month ago due to excuses but I'm so tired of being unhappy. I'm currently 25 and looking after my granddad who has unfortunately been diagnosed with lung cancer, so as you can imagine it's a stressful time and it doesn't help matters that I have social anxiety and a huge emotional eater. So of late my problem has gotten worse and I'm in a vicious cycle of emotional eating and unhappiness, the worse thing is I know that doing the Cambridge diet would help me feel better and release some of the unhappiness I feel and break the cycle I'm in ( I'm so sorry I just realised how depressing this is, I understand if you stop reading now)
i guess in all of my rambling I'm trying to say I need support, I can't get it at home because I'm the one giving the support and the friends I do have, which are from university are darted around the country and are also skinny so they don't understand.
If anyone is starting the diet around the same time as me or just want to talk, I would love that. :)

totally find TOTM effects my weigh ins, i have the implant and not had totm for 8 months, then last week she appeared and i was 100% angelic on the diet and lost 1lb. So i know this week it will show how good ive been because i still didnt slip, i kept at it 100% so looking forward for a double whammy loss this week lol x

Hi hunny!
Welcome onboard, many if your reasons are why we're here babe so we understand. It helps to chat and realise your thoughts about yourself and food aren't unusual.
Sorry about your grandad xx how is he? Is the situation tough at home?
Doing the cambridge can sometimes feel like you have lost your best friend in food but for me that was perfect as it was a bad relationship and I needed to start again but just have a honest chat with yourself if that's best for you right now. Would a healthy eating diet with your grandad be best for the time being? Sitting together over a hot healthy meal each day? I believe there are cancer enriching healthy food plans for strength and immunity online.....
Why do you think the cambridge is best for you? How much do you want to lose? What are your aims at the end?

Be kind to yourself, you are not where you want to be for the rest if your life that's a fab decision to have made but when to address it is the key to success. If you feel it's now then were here for you and If it's later then that's fine also we will still be here xxxx

I know, I really struggled last week (possibly due to my son teething 4 teeth at the same time!!), but feeling a lot more energised this week, I will do it, I don't want to be fat anymore :)
Plus I joined this forum, I really do feel the support and love reading people's losses! As my daughter would say it's Totes Amazeballs!! :)

Mary87, so sorry to hear about your grandad. I missed your post earlier. We will give you any support we can on here. Let us know how you get on, good days or bad. The people on this forum are fantastic and are very inspirational xx

Back