Looking for a buddy

Thank you so much for responding I was getting worried no one was interested in talking to me. My granddad is ok at the moment, pretty weak but it could be a lot worse.

yeah it's not easier for any of us at the moment and I feel like I have to be the strong one here so like you said I do see food as a best friend which is unhealthy but that's all I have right now. I feel like I need to push myself out of this rut and that's why I choose the Cambridge diet, it's like going cold turkey and while I'm doing it I hope to be able to address my issues with food. I have a lot to lose around about 10 stone, so it needs to be now I feel very unhealthy and it's added stress I don't need. Thank you for your kind word., I'm going to do it this time, life is so short why be unhappy about something you can change, right? Xxx

Loving your reply hunny that's totally how I was back in March. Now...well I'm going to an interview tomorrow for cambridge woman if the year....you have a great base and motivation to kick start you xxx

Hi there Ladies and Gents, I'm half way through my fourth week of Cambridge, I started on step 2, dropped to SS+, then did SS last week, I really struggled this week and changed back up to SS+. I've got two young children and finding it hard to avoid picking at their food (I've resisted so far - quite proud of my will power), I think I'd like a buddy or two to share this experience with and give and provide support to each other on our weight loss journey..

I started on 30 September at 14st 5lb and weighed in at 13st 2lb on Monday (BMI 33.6). My goal is 9.5st!

hi l just started yesterday and also looking for a buddy lm starting ss ss , l weighed 14.10 and target weight is 10 .2 which l might change depending on how l feel at that weight . l also have a 6yr can understand the picking leftovers l know we are on different time zones but we all here to support each other on our weightloss journey lm here for you buddy

Hello Sasha63,
Thank you, it's lovely to meet so many nice people on here. How are you finding it so far?
I'm on my kids time zone at the moment, 4am and I've already been up twice, grr. :) At least it's the weekend so I might be able to grab a few hours in the afternoon.
Which country are you in?
What day is your weigh in?
Sarah x

Hi I started the Cambridge diet on Thursday today is day 3 I'm really struggling to maintain this I've started on ss. Any tips and when does this diet get easier. I'm a mum to three and find it really hard wen I prepare food for the family. Also do u knw signs of when yr body is in ketosis. Sorry for so many questions. Nas x

Hi Nas,
My consultant told me that day 3 would be the hardest and it will get easier after that. Try and stick with it today, drink lots of water when you feel hungry. I'm not a fan of sparkling water, but someone said it really fills you up.
It is hard not to eat food when you have to make, prepare and serve it, but that was one of my bad habits I've had to really try hard to correct. I think I'm getting there, although it was really hard to resist the homemade meatballs last night!!
I think one of the signs of Ketosis is when you no longer feel the hunger anymore? Someone else may be able to help better with this??
I hope you get on okay today, let us know how you do.
Sarah x

Hello Sasha63,
Thank you, it's lovely to meet so many nice people on here. How are you finding it so far?
I'm on my kids time zone at the moment, 4am and I've already been up twice, grr. :) At least it's the weekend so I might be able to grab a few hours in the afternoon.
Which country are you in?
What day is your weigh in?
Sarah x

hi Sarah lm in Austrailia so summer looming so desperate to wear a swim suit ,or shorts as temps will be rising to 40 degrees by xmas my weigh day is friday lm starting day 3 today Ann xx

Wow, that will be hot! We are in autumn, but I love this time of year! Autumn and Spring.

There is lots of time to loose the weight still. :) I'm sure you will look fab and be the envy of a lot of people, all this hard work now will pay off xx

Hi nas....it does get easier...iv dun this diet before and back on it....I cook alot of curries and foods I love but do seem to hold bak and not taste it! Day 3 id the hardest but will get easier....

good luck . l dont weigh till friday so looking forward to it

it is good so dont get disheartened. just look at other folks stats and its a very similar pattern for many. ( 2 pounds for me )

jxx

I know, I just love seeing -5lb! Oh well, still very motivated. Have a wedding to attend on Saturday, and the ' reception' is a sit down meal in a restaurant, with pre ordered food, :( so I already know this week is going to be discounted, but going to be good as gold until then and then on Sunday to minimise any damage. X

to win this race we need to be the tortoise and just keep plugging away ;) i do know what you mean about the 5 pound+ losses but look what happened to the hare in that fable!
jx

Back