Looking forward to the kids' school hols.

The Maid

Just wondered how many mums and dads out there are looking forward to their kids being off school for the summer hols.? Well, this year more than ever, I am because the new lighter me has more energy to do lots more with them! I was sitting here realising what a difference SW has made to my plans for outings this summer too. It is so easy to pack us all a healthy SW picnic to take with us whereever we go and, of course, this will save a few pennies too that before I would have spent on fast food outlets etc.

Three cheers for SW as the weight loss of one family member makes a huge difference to the rest of the family too.

Sadly, I'm not looking forward to them, 7 weeks off makes childcare a nightmare.....

I do have 2 weeks off but for the other 5 I have to rely on grandparents and pay a childminder.

Hmm, nope - not for me I'm afraid, I hate the school hols!

Lol at Jaylou!!

I would love the school holidays, if my Daughter had them! She goes to a day nursery and they only close for 1 week in August, so DD is going to spend a week with Nanny and Grandad, whilst Mummy and Daddy work :(
We've just had 2 wonderful weeks in Egypt though!

my hubby is a house husband and i work in a secondary school. i have to work two weeks in the summer hols but apart from that i'm free. yippeee

Umm Kind of looking forward to it altho it means a real expensive few weeks! Not cos of the trips out etc but because ive got a full uniform to by for my 11 yr old going into her next school and the same again for our 4 yr old going into big school! .. arrggg the expensive! ..

We off to my mums in Cornwall for a week in aug .. then the girls are going to their dads for a week in sheff ... and we may have a few days off in the forest picnicing as well!
(hope we get some nice weather again)

DS broke up nearly 2 weeks ago, and is at playscheme at the moment. I have so much planning to do for next term that I have him there all the time and then I can just take him out if I want to/have the time. No work today though as DD is with me for the day (normally with my parents on a Thur but they are away). I fancied a day of just me and her for a change - except that she only seems interested in Peppa Pig lol!

In also looking forward to the school holidays because i work on a weekend wen my 2 kids are at there dads and my oh looks after our daughter while i work, which leaves me all week to take kids out xxxx

My daughter has been off for nearly two weeks now....and she's driving me potty!! lmao. It's just difficult to amuse all of the time, especially when I am self employed and have to work at home and she's circling round me saying I'm bored....arrrrgghhh! lmao

I intend to have a twp week period of no work though to entertain her. And yes, my lighter self will be able to run around with her to my hearts content.

I would just like to point out about the above, I do adore my daughter :D :D lol

K xx

I'm really looking forward to the holidays and spending time with my girls, they are growing up so fast and the time is precious. I work full time ( in a school) so am lucky to have school holiday time with them:) as term time is so busy.

OH and I are Dole Scum at the moment and I am THRILLED to have my (14 next week) son at home. I love him to bits, he is funny, clever and great company (apart from the odd hormonal moment). He is staying at his Dad's for a couple of weeks and I'll really miss him. The only thing disappointing about him is that he is not gay... But I can't have everything I suppose.

Back