Looking forward to the kids' school hols.

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by The Maid, 16 July 2009 Social URL.

1. The Maid

The Maid Full Member

Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Extra Easy
    Just wondered how many mums and dads out there are looking forward to their kids being off school for the summer hols.? Well, this year more than ever, I am because the new lighter me has more energy to do lots more with them! I was sitting here realising what a difference SW has made to my plans for outings this summer too. It is so easy to pack us all a healthy SW picnic to take with us whereever we go and, of course, this will save a few pennies too that before I would have spent on fast food outlets etc.

Three cheers for SW as the weight loss of one family member makes a huge difference to the rest of the family too.

tara40 likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Littleslimmingbee

Littleslimmingbee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    What a lovley post :) xx

4. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Sadly, I'm not looking forward to them, 7 weeks off makes childcare a nightmare.....

I do have 2 weeks off but for the other 5 I have to rely on grandparents and pay a childminder.

Hmm, nope - not for me I'm afraid, I hate the school hols!

5. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Agreed, and now I feel such a grump! Sorry, well done The Maid xxx

6. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Lol at Jaylou!!

I would love the school holidays, if my Daughter had them! She goes to a day nursery and they only close for 1 week in August, so DD is going to spend a week with Nanny and Grandad, whilst Mummy and Daddy work :(
    We've just had 2 wonderful weeks in Egypt though!

7. mommyB

mommyB love it

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.87%)
    am looking forward to 7 weeks of no school run in the mornings !!!
    plus i am lucky that i work at my kids school so i get the same hols as them Yay!!

8. tara40

tara40 Loves Norman Reedus

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0.5lb(12.95%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    my hubby is a house husband and i work in a secondary school. i have to work two weeks in the summer hols but apart from that i'm free. yippeee

9. pixiepiratess

pixiepiratess Going From Flab to FAB!

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.82%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Umm Kind of looking forward to it altho it means a real expensive few weeks! Not cos of the trips out etc but because ive got a full uniform to by for my 11 yr old going into her next school and the same again for our 4 yr old going into big school! .. arrggg the expensive! ..

We off to my mums in Cornwall for a week in aug .. then the girls are going to their dads for a week in sheff ... and we may have a few days off in the forest picnicing as well!
    (hope we get some nice weather again)

10. WillowFae

WillowFae Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st2lb(35.68%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    DS broke up nearly 2 weeks ago, and is at playscheme at the moment. I have so much planning to do for next term that I have him there all the time and then I can just take him out if I want to/have the time. No work today though as DD is with me for the day (normally with my parents on a Thur but they are away). I fancied a day of just me and her for a change - except that she only seems interested in Peppa Pig lol!

11. corrina

corrina Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    In also looking forward to the school holidays because i work on a weekend wen my 2 kids are at there dads and my oh looks after our daughter while i work, which leaves me all week to take kids out xxxx

12. Indieflower

Indieflower I have my mojo

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st13lb(39.27%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Red
    My daughter has been off for nearly two weeks now....and she's driving me potty!! lmao. It's just difficult to amuse all of the time, especially when I am self employed and have to work at home and she's circling round me saying I'm bored....arrrrgghhh! lmao

I intend to have a twp week period of no work though to entertain her. And yes, my lighter self will be able to run around with her to my hearts content.

I would just like to point out about the above, I do adore my daughter :D :D lol

K xx

13. BaysideJ

BaysideJ Starting over

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.04%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I'm really looking forward to the holidays and spending time with my girls, they are growing up so fast and the time is precious. I work full time ( in a school) so am lucky to have school holiday time with them:) as term time is so busy.

14. Scarlet Daisy

Scarlet Daisy Hungry For Life

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(29.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    OH and I are Dole Scum at the moment and I am THRILLED to have my (14 next week) son at home. I love him to bits, he is funny, clever and great company (apart from the odd hormonal moment). He is staying at his Dad's for a couple of weeks and I'll really miss him. The only thing disappointing about him is that he is not gay... But I can't have everything I suppose.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.