Looking into doing the CD

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by wants2bnormal, 19 October 2008 Social URL.

1. wants2bnormal

wants2bnormal 6 stone to lose!

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi guys hope you are all well.
    Can i firstly say how inspirational all your threads are, i am getting butterflys in my stomach reading them thinking.. that could be me one day :sigh: well i am an ex lighterlife dieter and due to personal problems i came off the diet, tried to go back to lighterlife *after putting all my weight back on :cry:* but the help wasn't the same.
    Now i am at the stage in my life where I need to lose weight for myself no1 else to make me happy!!!! I have looked into CD and i am seriously considering doing it. Infact I am going to do it.
    I was hoping someone could let me know the basics of CD..and is it like LL!!
    Hope to hear from you guys soon..

xxxxx Jodie :eek:

Lynn8124 likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. wizzbang

wizzbang Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi Jodie,
    I love doing CD. I never have to think about eating, never have to plan a meal or consider anything to do with food. I never have any dirty dishes lol, All I have is one glass for shakes, one cup for tea, and one big cup for soup, and my whizzer. Oh and of course my kettle.
    I like this diet so much that I have encouraged my daughter to do it for a month (she wants to lose a stone)
    So jump right in and join our club.
    Good luck xx
    Lynne x

4. MR2_Owner

MR2_Owner Doing Slimming World

Start Weight:
    22st4lb
    Current Weight:
    20st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(6.09%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hiya, welcome to Minimins.

On CD you have a choice of sweet powdered shakes (which you make up with a minimum of 8fl oz of water), savoury soups, bars, porridge and tetra's - which are little cartons of ready mixed drinks. The flavours of the tetra's are choc, banana and strawberry.

There are different programme levels to follow - the main one being sole source which is where you have cambridge products and nothing else. You also have to drink at least 2.25 litres of water a day ontop of whatever you use to make your cambridge meals with.

Not sure if this was what you needed to know, but I hope it helps you a bit and let us know what you choose to do.

PS: My Bro & Sis in Law did LL - my SIL lost 5 stone on it but apparently CD has a lot more flavours :).

5. wants2bnormal

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thanks guys, thats a great help, yes when I was doing LL, we all noticed CD had more flavours and i was told that the packs are better tasting than LL lol but i got used to the LL shakes, u seemed to get customed to the lumps, i wasn't to good at mixing it up!! haha
    So with CD do you still attend weekly meetings and weigh ins? and have councilling sessions?
    xxx Thank you xxx

6. MR2_Owner

MR2_Owner Doing Slimming World

Start Weight:
    22st4lb
    Current Weight:
    20st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(6.09%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have a blender called a Genie and it is a lifesaver! It cost me £20 from Makro, but you can get stick blenders from Tesco which are cheap and good I hear.

Yes WI's are in weekly, mine are one on one at my CDC's house & last for 15mins ish. I wouldn't call it counselling, but you do get the chance to go through stuff with him/her, ask questions and have a chat and get your products. I love WI and look forward to it - just wish it was a bit longer, but then she is so busy it's just the way it goes.

7. wants2bnormal

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thanks, will look into it tomorrow and contact my closest CDC and will no doubt be back to tell you how it went... :) really looking forward to this...If i can be determined enough to do LL i can do CD!!! :) hopefully next year ill be "normal" :) xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.